American Handegg players at UW turn to MMA for increased effectiveness

But they hit 10 times harder because they are wearing pads.

Yeah, it makes them far more reckless.

Not to mention the sport is much more anaerobic than Rugby.

All 32 NFL teams are in the world's top 50 richest sports clubs of all sports.

Last edited:
Yeah, it makes them far more reckless.

Not to mention the sport is much more anaerobic than Rugby.

All 32 NFL teams are in the world's top 50 richest sports clubs of all sports.

Yeah but it's short bursts of play with many stoppages.

Yeah but it's short bursts of play with many stoppages.

That's correct. That's why it's more anaerobic. It's more explosive than rugby as a result.

Not saying that the NFL is a better sport. If I grew up in your country I'd probably love Rugby. It's a matter of exposure.

They're both manly sports.

That's correct. That's why it's more anaerobic. It's more explosive than rugby as a result.

Not saying that the NFL is a better sport. If I grew up in your country I'd probably love Rugby. It's a matter of exposure.

They're both manly sports.

I can agree with that, I've played both sports and enjoyed the physical side of US football but enjoy the actual sport of rugby better. Both are very different, but also have similarities too.

I think that's why the athletes are so much different, most Rugby players need to have lean but solid muscle to be able to do the sprints and to keep up a high pace all game, and US footballers often have more muscle mass to be explosive in short powerful bursts. That's why I think Rugby players might have an easier or more succesful transition to MMA with their body types.

"Hand Egg" is a total fucking clownshoe douchebag term. The coolest person I know could say that shit and I'd never look at them the same. It's so lame.

DeMarco-Murray-runs-over-Damion-Square-b.gif

He's literally catching a ball with his hand. I mean, it's an impressive catch but any kid above the age of 5 can catch.
And any kid who can walk can kick a ball. Do you have anything intelligent to say?

Hockey helmets are mostly plastic and foam, like a bicycle helmet, so it cushions some of the impact but not so much when they hit the sides of the head against boards and shoulders. NFL helmets are a weapon.

they would never use the helmets as a weapon......

tumblr_myosiuAzQn1qhkbk8o1_400.gif

murray-blasts-dl-12292013.gif

Best-NFL-Week-7-GIFs-Bears-DB-Hits-Teammate-Chris-Conte-in-Helmet-Vs.-Redskins.gif

And any kid who can walk can kick a ball. Do you have anything intelligent to say?

That gif he posted was him showing skill in NFL.

Find a kid who can do that and I'll believe you.
roberto-carlos-goal-o.gif

That gif he posted was him showing skill in NFL.

Find a kid who can do that and I'll believe you.
roberto-carlos-goal-o.gif

You're deficient in the memory department, and you feign objectivity. I'll find a kid that can kick slicing and hooking shots from the corners when YOU, who made the stupid-ass comment in the first place, find a fucking kid that can make that kinda ridiculous superhuman one-handed, deep-thrown, three-fingertip, falling-away catch that Odell Beckham Jr. made. The catch that you called "just catching a ball." That's simply catching in the same way a curving goal between two defenders from 30 yards out is simply kicking. Hilarious that you forget your own words so fast.

I'm not here to deny the athleticism and toughness of RU, RL, and AFL players. You're just here to splatter fecal matter on something you look down on for some stupid reason (probably just because it's American).

You're deficient in the memory department, and you feign objectivity. I'll find a kid that can kick slicing and hooking shots from the corners when YOU, who made the stupid-ass comment in the first place, find a fucking kid that can make that kinda ridiculous superhuman one-handed, deep-thrown, three-fingertip, falling-away catch that Odell Beckham Jr. made. The catch that you called "just catching a ball." That's simply catching in the same way a curving goal between two defenders from 30 yards out is simply kicking. Hilarious that you forget your own words so fast.

It's easier to do a spectacular catch like that than it is to do that with a ball from 35 yards out, getting past defenders and one of the best goalkeeper in the world at the time. I'm not saying that US Football doesn't require skill to play, but the skill needed to play football professionally is a whole different thing entirely.

all those are super weak

where one guys motion is nearly stopped, or they are just slow athletes

Sean Taylor p4p hardest hitter, RIP

So weak they don't need padding.

Also, high tackles like that are illegal because if they were a player would die every month or so.

Here's a guy getting ran over and knocked out cold.
bulldozer-hit-rugby-tackle-hit-gifs.gif

Guy getting thrown like a child
flipped-upside-down-rugby-tackle-hit-gifs.gif

No padding, more violent.
flying-kick-tackle-2-rugby-tackle-hit-gifs.gif

No helmet almost always means knockout collision.
Sequence-01_12.gif

Back