American Handegg players at UW turn to MMA for increased effectiveness

handegg. we used to call it "women's rugby, because they wear pads". handegg is probably less offensive.

handegg. we used to call it "women's rugby, because they wear pads". handegg is probably less offensive.

I watched a game of AFL recently. Not nearly as rough and tumble as advertised. Guys take it a lot easier on each other (and themselves) when they don't wear pads.

gifs_26.gif

The only sport where guys hit as hard as the NFL is the NHL, though the big hits are a bit more sporadic there. I'm not saying other sports aren't tough, but there's no league for big hits like the NFL.

goldsonhit.gif

CHEAPSHOT.gif.pagespeed.ce.aVK6dcySPe.gif

The only sport where guys hit as hard as the NFL is the NHL, though the big hits are a bit more sporadic there. I'm not saying other sports aren't tough, but there's no league for big hits like the NFL.

goldsonhit.gif

CHEAPSHOT.gif.pagespeed.ce.aVK6dcySPe.gif

Pansies. This is what a real hit in real football looks like.

Soccer_diver.gif

I watched a game of AFL recently. Not nearly as rough and tumble as advertised. Guys take it a lot easier on each other (and themselves) when they don't wear pads.

they've shown that the pads and helmets make the game way more dangerous (at least at high level) because it allows players to be so much more aggressive. You can't throw yourself at full speed into another person without pads, or at least you can't do it many times.

they've shown that the pads and helmets make the game way more dangerous (at least at high level) because it allows players to be so much more aggressive. You can't throw yourself at full speed into another person without pads, or at least you can't do it many times.

Definitely. But guys keep saying how real men play rugby because they don't wear pads. NFL players hit each other running at 20 mph.

Definitely. But guys keep saying how real men play rugby because they don't wear pads. NFL players hit each other running at 20 mph.

I'd say they are equally tough; rugby players obviously don't hit each other as hard because they'd probably die without pads :icon_lol:

I'd say they are equally tough; rugby players obviously don't hit each other as hard because they'd probably die without pads :icon_lol:

Usually it starts with us just praising the NFL players and then some rugby fan will call them p*ssies for wearing pads and say real men play rugby. Both groups of athletes are tough badasses in my book.

Back