American Handegg players at UW turn to MMA for increased effectiveness

I tried watching some European soccer this weekend. 5 minutes in, 2 dives, and I was out.

This entire thread is a troll thread. Get less angry about it and you'll have more fun.

What's your thing with 5 year olds?

What's your thing with not being able to use internet coding?

Be less smug about things in the future then.

Also.
giphy.gif

punch-to-the-ear-rugby-tackle-hit-gifs.gif

efe8665d448a285f46fb9b3dd7e45fa7.gif

Rugby players would for sure make better fighters.

These look like Mark Hunt's relatives.

What's your thing with not being able to use internet coding?

Be less smug about things in the future then.

1. What did I mess up in terms of internet coding? I honestly don't know, but I admittedly know little about such things.

2. Smug? Lol.

smug
sməɡ/
adjective
having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.

You are the one going on about your achievements in boxing and soccer and your expertise in HTML or what not. Once again, I think you are projecting.

3. You are making fun of my sport and I'm making fun of yours. Maybe you meant it all more seriously than I did, because you seem awfully riled. FWIW, I do enjoy both soccer and rugby, thought they aren't often available for me to watch at the top levels.

Does padding absorb a blow yes or no? Also, I've boxed since I was young and I'm pretty sure getting hit with a glove is much nicer than being hit with a bare fist.

then you are lying, because if you actually sparred with gloves you'd realize that the impact is actually the same or greater with gloves. the gloves are literally there to protect the hands, not the opponents heads. Pre-glove era was prone to long bouts where guys were either afraid to throw full power punches for fear of hand damage or had already damaged their hands and couldn't throw with any significant power.

I know this because I actually boxed in a gym for just boxing, not in my backyard with my friends.

1. What did I mess up in terms of internet coding? I honestly don't know, but I admittedly know little about such things.

2. Smug? Lol.

smug
sməɡ/
adjective
having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.

You are the one going on about your achievements in boxing and soccer and your expertise in HTML or what not. Once again, I think you are projecting.

3. You are making fun of my sport and I'm making fun of yours. Maybe you meant it all more seriously than I did, because you seem awfully riled. FWIW, I do enjoy both soccer and rugby, thought they aren't often available for me to watch at the top levels.

I literally said I wasn't a professional. High level football means playing higher than sunday league... It's all fun, I don't mind it, but the people out their that genuinely believe football is just a bunch of guys faking to be hurt have no idea about the sport. And often, they're not just joking they believe it.

then you are lying, because if you actually sparred with gloves you'd realize that the impact is actually the same or greater with gloves. the gloves are literally there to protect the hands, not the opponents heads. Pre-glove era was prone to long bouts where guys were either afraid to throw full power punches for fear of hand damage or had already damaged their hands and couldn't throw with any significant power.

I know this because I actually boxed in a gym for just boxing, not in my backyard with my friends.

The surface area of the blow is bigger, but no the impact and the pain of being punched with a glove on is completely different. Using the excuse that fighters have to hold back without gloves is true, but saying that an unprotected fist doesn't land with more force than a glove that pads the knuckle and spreads the impact is bullshit. Complete bullshit. Have you ever been hit without gloves on? Even on the arms when you're blocking it hurts like a bitch.

the people out their that genuinely believe football is just a bunch of guys faking to be hurt have no idea about the sport.

Fair enough. I agree with you in disagreeing with anyone who actually thinks that.

Not every player takes a dive every game in soccer, but almost every pro player takes dives when they think it will benefit them.

No RB is going to slide down in front of a safety in the open field thinking hes going to get a free 15 yards.

Closet comparison in Football is QBs (minus RGKnee and Tebow) sliding and they do that to protect themselves not to draw fake penalties.

The surface area of the blow is bigger, but no the impact and the pain of being punched with a glove on is completely different. Using the excuse that fighters have to hold back without gloves is true, but saying that an unprotected fist doesn't land with more force than a glove that pads the knuckle and spreads the impact is bullshit. Complete bullshit. Have you ever been hit without gloves on? Even on the arms when you're blocking it hurts like a bitch.

hit without gloves plenty and it does hurt, mostly because of the bony nature of the fist. but if I had to choose I'd take no gloves instead of 8 oz. gloves any day.
i got hit in the dick sparring once and the pain was worse than any single kick to the nuts i have ever experienced.
the force of the blow is identical with a glove or without, the only difference is that with gloves your face/head is protected from the bones of the fist hitting you at the "skin" level. underneath at the bone level there is no difference, hence the number of KO's in boxing.

hit without gloves plenty and it does hurt, mostly because of the bony nature of the fist. but if I had to choose I'd take no gloves instead of 8 oz. gloves any day.
i got hit in the dick sparring once and the pain was worse than any single kick to the nuts i have ever experienced.
the force of the blow is identical with a glove or without, the only difference is that with gloves your face/head is protected from the bones of the fist hitting you at the "skin" level. underneath at the bone level there is no difference, hence the number of KO's in boxing.

There is a huge difference when it comes knuckle and glove. I would never choose to get hit with an uncovered fist over a glove. Not only is it bone on bone, it is also a smaller weapon so the force is being applied to a smaller spot/target...with gloves the force is being spread. Getting hit in the nuts hurts regardless so that might be true but using no gloves and hitting someone repeatedly is way more dangerous if you had say 8oz gloves on.

Why do you think MMA has so many brutal 1 punch KO's...smaller gloves.

These look like Mark Hunt's relatives.

First one is actually white, google Ben Flowers

2d and 3d indeed are Hunto relatives, first one being Manu Tuilagi, samoan , who has 5 brothers who all are tanks like himself ( he is actually one of the smallest if not the smallest at 6'1 245 ) and second one is Salesi Maafu, who I'm not sure about but looks Tongan ( he is born in Australia ) and is like 6'1 280ish..

Power + chin and heavy dense physique.. typical islanders you don't want get punched by LOL

Back