Crime American busted smuggling handguns into Ontario.

In your opinion, what is the end goal of that agenda?
Abolition of the 2nd Amendment. Mainline party Democrats have made that agenda clear. It's not even a hidden secret anymore.

After the Toronto mass shooting our media ran haywire with headlines about our legal gun market from states like Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois pouring over the border into Canada. I was appalled.

Then I saw a Canadian article where a longtime Toronto LEO in the area who had been part of anti-firearm contraband task forces put that nonsense to bed by quoting a slew of your own stats citing they were internally source. Turns out most of the articles I found in the American press were syndicated, and all written by the same woman who was part of an anti-firearm think tank. Chelsea Parsons of the Center for American Progress:
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/guns-crime/reports/2014/06/18/91998/women-under-the-gun/

You simply cannot trust most of the American press to cover this issue honestly, anymore. There is an agenda at full throttle with no accountability.
You mean that unsubstantiated 50% "statistic" that continues to get thrown around here like gospel? That was also fake news.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4428617/matt-gurney-toronto-gun-crime-statistics/

Abolition of the 2nd Amendment. Mainline party Democrats have made that agenda clear. It's not even a hidden secret anymore.
I'd like to dive even deeper into your analysis.

What do you believe their purpose is in wanting to abolish the 2nd Amendment?

What do you believe to be the ultimate endgame?

I'd like to dive even deeper into your analysis.

What do you believe their purpose is in wanting to abolish the 2nd Amendment?

What do you believe to be the ultimate endgame?

To fulfill prophecy?

iu

Imagine if the U.S had some halfway decent firearms regulations at the national level. It would go a long way to help preventing stuff like this from happening. Although it wouldn't stop it completely, it would be beneficial. Just something like having a firearm licencing system/background checks on the national level.

I agree.

Because with more regulations and laws criminals will have to obey them!

LOL - you sound like an idiot. We already have a firearm licensing system: The Bill of Rights 2A. And we already have a background check on the national level: It's called NICS.

How about you deal with your criminals?

Oh - that's right. That sharp tone in the judge's voice and a gentle slap on the wrist will definitely deter and/or rehabilitate them.

Also, fuck Canada.

Americans are always evangelising their obsessions with guns.

Anyone remember Ian Thomson from Port Colborne, Ontario who got charged with unsafe storage when he fired at people trying to burn his house to the ground while it was occupied?

The 23-year-old man who was the target of a home invasion in Weyburn, Keegan Muxlow, is facing a second-degree murder charge, after allegedly shooting and killing an 18-year-old man who broke into his home with two others.
Muxlow is also facing charges unsafe storage of a firearm and possession of a firearm without a licence.
The two other men who were alleged to have broken into the home, a 23-year-old and a 25-year-old, have been charged with break and enter and commit assault, possession of a firearm without a licence, and wearing a disguise during the commission of an offence.
The 23-year-old was also charged with possession of what police described as a small amount of cocaine that was found during a search at the police headquarters.
The men were all known to each other, according to police.
Deputy Chief Rod Stafford said that the home invaders had a shotgun with them but didn't know if they were carrying any other weapons.
The 18-year-old—identified as Nathan Hutt of Weyburn—who is alleged to have been part of the home invasion died in hospital around 12:30 a.m. CST on Saturday after shots were fired during a confrontation at the home.
Stafford said that the investigation so far doesn't point to there being a gunfight, meaning that the only shots fired came from Muxlow's .22-calibre rifle.
The 23-year-old invader was also injured. Stafford said he was stabbed.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ing-invader-who-later-died/ar-BBRStjL?ocid=sf

I meant that the USA should try to get a better handle on their guns.

I think current gun laws in Canada are OK although a think a long gun registry is a good idea.

Lol, the market place is undefeated. Where their is demand, supply finds a way.

Americans are always getting evangelical about their obsessions with guns.

The obsession seems one sided, and doesn't seem to be coming from the people that see them as tools with a purpose.

The obsession seems one sided, and doesn't seem to be coming from the people that see them as tools with a purpose.

You're right about the latter half, but "tools with a purpose" in no way describes the American firearms politics which are constantly on display.
To be fair, there's a good chance gun smugglers are simple opportunists.

You're right about the latter half, but "tools with a purpose" in no way describes the American firearms politics which are constantly on display.

I agree, who's initiating the politics though? Why would there even be a discussion if there weren't people rabid about stripping people of their rights?

I agree, who's initiating the politics though? Why would there even be a discussion if there weren't people rabid about stripping people of their rights?

Because there's people that are rabid about their guns as political identity. Social media festers with them.

Imagine if the U.S had some halfway decent firearms regulations at the national level. It would go a long way to help preventing stuff like this from happening. Although it wouldn't stop it completely, it would be beneficial. Just something like having a firearm licencing system/background checks on the national level.

Oddly, Michigan requires handguns to be registered so the local pd should have noticed the guy buying 60+ glocks.

Because there's people that are rabid about their guns as political identity. Social media festers with them.

I don't know maybe you can find some anecdotes, but again there doesn't seem like there'd even be a discussion about guns if there wasn't the push to lock people in cages for having them. Landing the obsessed category with the ones initiating the conversation, right?

I don't think allowing easier access to handguns would help at all, it would just make it easier for criminals to get them. They wouldn't need to buy them from smugglers. If anything, the loosey goosey access to them in the US is hurting us Canadians.
Build that wall!

I don't know maybe you can find some anecdotes, but again there doesn't seem like there'd even be a discussion about guns if there wasn't the push to lock people in cages for having them. Landing the obsessed category with the ones initiating the conversation, right?

No. "Some anecdotes"? A simple perusal of any American site about firearms and even international stories involving guns amply demonstrates otherwise.
In fact there's way more American media of all kinds about guns than there is about actually shooting, and even those tend to be political soap boxes.

Back