Crime American busted smuggling handguns into Ontario.

Easily one of the worst parts of having the US as our neighbour.

I meant that the USA should try to get a better handle on their guns.

I think current gun laws in Canada are OK although a think a long gun registry is a good idea.

If he bought them legally here then it’s your problem.

Only if you can prove you need one for your job, are a collector, or a competitive shooter

Even then, you can't have it anywhere other than your house or at a range to ever defend yourself where you may need it. And there's many restrictions on what you can actually have. Nothing that can take a mag of 10+ rounds (even if the mag you have is a 9), nothing under a certain barrel length.

Yeah, and that is perfectly fine IMO.

Hopefully you remember to voice your support for the lawful Canadian gun community when Turdo tries to ban handguns for no good reason.
I read a story a couple days ago, I think it was in Weyburn Sask, that 3 people broke into a house. Home owner shot one of the intruders and is being charged with murder even though the guy he shot was carrying a shotgun.
WTH Canada.

I read a story a couple days ago, I think it was in Weyburn Sask, that 3 people broke into a house. Home owner shot one of the intruders and is being charged with murder even though the guy he shot was carrying a shotgun.
WTH Canada.
Anyone remember Ian Thomson from Port Colborne, Ontario who got charged with unsafe storage when he fired at people trying to burn his house to the ground while it was occupied?

Does this happen to coincide with an enormous increase of third world immigrants?

Asking for a friend.

Gee, it's almost like with firearm bans the guns still get in. Only now it's only criminals possessing them...
At least most of the children and the mentally ill won't have access to them

Yeah, and that is perfectly fine IMO.

Gotcha. Not legal to own a handgun for self defense is A ok with you

Just keep watching that Toronto murder rate by firearm rise and wonder why

Gotcha. Not legal to own a handgun for self defense is A ok with you

Just keep watching that Toronto murder rate by firearm rise and wonder why

I really don't see how a handgun would save you from being shot. Generally its criminals shooting each other and causing collateral damage. Its not like the handgun is magic armour.

Doesn't sound like they're having any issue finding plenty of smugglers to buy from, so what difference would it make if they could buy them from a sporting goods store? Most wouldn't pass a background check anyway, so would still be buying them from illegal sellers just like they are now.

The only people unable to get ahold of a handgun in Toronto are people who don't want to break laws anyway.

That just makes it easier for straw purchases, lol.

Criminals will break the law either way. The goal is the make breaking the law harder.

Canada has enough guns already, stop it America!
After the Toronto mass shooting our media ran haywire with headlines about our legal gun market from states like Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois pouring over the border into Canada. I was appalled.

Then I saw a Canadian article where a longtime Toronto LEO in the area who had been part of anti-firearm contraband task forces put that nonsense to bed by quoting a slew of your own stats citing the problem as being overwhelmingly internally sourced. Turns out most of the articles I found in the American press were syndicated, and all written by the same woman who was part of an anti-firearm think tank. Chelsea Parsons of the Center for American Progress:
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/guns-crime/reports/2014/06/18/91998/women-under-the-gun/

You simply cannot trust most of the American press to cover this issue honestly, anymore. There is an agenda at full throttle with no accountability.

Last edited:
Criminals will break the law either way. The goal is the make breaking the law harder.

Glad to hear you finally support President Trump's border wall!

As you said yourself:

After the Toronto mass shooting our media ran haywire with headlines about our legal gun market from states like Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois pouring over the border into Canada. I was appalled.

Then I saw a Canadian article where a longtime Toronto LEO in the area who had been part of anti-firearm contraband task forces put that nonsense to bed by quoting a slew of your own stats citing they were internally source. Turns out most of the articles I found in the American press were syndicated, and all written by the same woman who was part of an anti-firearm think tank. Chelsea Parsons of the Center for American Progress:
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/guns-crime/reports/2014/06/18/91998/women-under-the-gun/

You simply cannot trust most of the American press to cover this issue honestly, anymore. There is an agenda at full throttle with no accountability.

In your opinion, what is the end goal of that agenda?

What's the demographic make up of all these guys shooting each other in Toronto?

Glad to hear you finally support President Trump's border wall!

As you said yourself:

Reported for derailing.

Back