Crime American busted smuggling handguns into Ontario.

Wet Blanket

Bipartisan GIF Machine
@red
Reaction score
For those of you following the gun violence in Toronto, a man from Michigan was busted smuggling 67 guns (mostly glocks) into Ontario while using a Nexus pass.

Handguns are big business in Toronto. Some gang members will even "rent" them to others for use.

I hope they are able to crack down on this as Toronto has been getting pretty freaking shooty over the last few years. There seems to be a shooting in the GTA almost every day now. At least a couple every week.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...k-at-american-who-smuggled-firearms-1.4970539

Kind of amazing how the rise in violent crime in Toronto, went hand in hand with putting restrictions on carding...

Gee, it's almost like with firearm bans the guns still get in. Only now it's only criminals possessing them...

Kind of amazing how the rise in violent crime in Toronto, went hand in hand with putting restrictions on carding...

There's no evidence that carding has done anything but further marginalize minorities.

Gee, it's almost like with firearm bans the guns still get in. Only now it's only criminals possessing them...

I don't think allowing easier access to handguns would help at all, it would just make it easier for criminals to get them. They wouldn't need to buy them from smugglers. If anything, the loosey goosey access to them in the US is hurting us Canadians.

There's no evidence that carding has done anything but further marginalize minorities.

Yeah, I guess the rapid rise is gun violence combined with the carding restrictions, is just one big coincidence...

LOL.

Canada should build a wall. their southern neighbor is not sending their best and brightest. just a bunch of thugs and violence. How many Canadians need to die?

Imagine if the U.S had some halfway decent firearms regulations at the national level. It would go a long way to help preventing stuff like this from happening. Although it wouldn't stop it completely, it would be beneficial. Just something like having a firearm licencing system/background checks on the national level.

Imagine if the U.S had some halfway decent firearms regulations at the national level. It would go a long way to help preventing stuff like this from happening. Although it wouldn't stop it completely, it would be beneficial. Just something like having a firearm licencing system/background checks on the national level.

I agree. I realize you'll never stop anything completely, but it seems like there's not even an effort right now.

I don't think allowing easier access to handguns would help at all, it would just make it easier for criminals to get them. They wouldn't need to buy them from smugglers. If anything, the loosey goosey access to them in the US is hurting us Canadians.

Doesn't sound like they're having any issue finding plenty of smugglers to buy from, so what difference would it make if they could buy them from a sporting goods store? Most wouldn't pass a background check anyway, so would still be buying them from illegal sellers just like they are now.

The only people unable to get ahold of a handgun in Toronto are people who don't want to break laws anyway.

Well it’s your country control your boarders.

Make an example of this guy.

Put him in prison for 25 to life to let people know what happens if they do this.

I don't think allowing easier access to handguns would help at all, it would just make it easier for criminals to get them. They wouldn't need to buy them from smugglers.
It's becoming quite obvious that the criminals have access to handguns regardless of what Canadian laws are enacted.

If anything, the loosey goosey access to them in the US is hurting us Canadians.
By putting the Canadian population at an arbitrary disadvantage compared to the criminal element.

There's absolutely no reason Canadians should be denied handguns.

Doesn't sound like they're having any issue finding plenty of smugglers to buy from, so what difference would it make if they could buy them from a sporting goods store? Most wouldn't pass a background check anyway, so would still be buying them from illegal sellers just like they are now.

The only people unable to get ahold of a handgun in Toronto are people who don't want to break laws anyway.

People in Toronto can still get a restricted license as far as I know.

It's becoming quite obvious that the criminals have access to handguns regardless of what Canadian laws are enacted.

By putting the Canadian population at an arbitrary disadvantage compared to the criminal element.

There's absolutely no reason Canadians should be denied handguns.

So you want a wild west scenario? No thanks.

Besides, Canadians do have access to handguns already. They are just a bit harder to get than long guns.

Guns aren't magic body armour that prevents you from getting shot.

More guns = more shootings

I agree. I realize you'll never stop anything completely, but it seems like there's not even an effort right now.
Uh...Canada already has a licensing system and continuous background checks.

Yet because of smugglers, those same licensed and background checked Canadians should give up their lawfully acquired pistols? Fuck off with that bullshit.

Well it’s your country control your boarders.

Make an example of this guy.

Put him in prison for 25 to life to let people know what happens if they do this.

Would he go to US or Canadian prison? Not sure how the law works with this sort of thing.

Uh...Canada already has a licensing system and continuous background checks.

Yet because of smugglers, those same licensed and background checked Canadians should give up their lawfully acquired pistols? Fuck off with that bullshit.

I meant that the USA should try to get a better handle on their guns.

I think current gun laws in Canada are OK although a think a long gun registry is a good idea.

People in Toronto can still get a restricted license as far as I know.

Only if you can prove you need one for your job, are a collector, or a competitive shooter

Even then, you can't have it anywhere other than your house or at a range to ever defend yourself where you may need it. And there's many restrictions on what you can actually have. Nothing that can take a mag of 10+ rounds (even if the mag you have is a 9), nothing under a certain barrel length.

Would he go to US or Canadian prison? Not sure how the law works with this sort of thing.

Arrested in Canada breaking Canadian laws right? Lock this shit stain up up there. You can keep him

Back