All Time GOAT poll

Its Fedor.

GSP ducking Anderson sours me on him

This is a discussion for the ages. You can only compare fighters relative to the impact they had on the sport during their time. Fedor was the best fighter between 2001 and about 2011/2012. Since you have Gsp, Anderson, and Jones. With those three it is mostly opinion because they were/ are dominant. GSP won fights, not overly entertaining, but he won, not always dominant. There were several fights during his title reign that were very close, might have even lost some ( hendricks) . Anderson simply became bigger than anderson and thought he was agent anderson and couldnt be hit. He got hit, then broke a leg. Hasnt been completely the same ( older and I think he has done better in his fights than the record shows since) Jones has been nothing short of greatness, except he gets caught for drugs, and some legal issues.
All in All at there best in their prime.... Fedor was better.
Fighter in pride used not even count their losses to him cause it was Fedor they were fighting.

This is a discussion for the ages. You can only compare fighters relative to the impact they had on the sport during their time. Fedor was the best fighter between 2001 and about 2011/2012. Since you have Gsp, Anderson, and Jones. With those three it is mostly opinion because they were/ are dominant. GSP won fights, not overly entertaining, but he won, not always dominant. There were several fights during his title reign that were very close, might have even lost some ( hendricks) . Anderson simply became bigger than anderson and thought he was agent anderson and couldnt be hit. He got hit, then broke a leg. Hasnt been completely the same ( older and I think he has done better in his fights than the record shows since) Jones has been nothing short of greatness, except he gets caught for drugs, and some legal issues.
Fighter in pride used not even count their losses to him cause it was Fedor they were fighting.
What fights during his title reign were close? Besides the Hendricks fight of course. Really curious because I don’t recall any of the others being close at all.

It's a toss up between Fedor, GSP & Jones imo, it's all subjective. However the greatest fighter may be Fedor, if we took Fedor in his peak form considering his size and ability he may beat just about every other fighter. If only we ever got to see Jones vs Fedor.

What fights during his title reign were close? Besides the Hendricks fight of course. Really curious because I don’t recall any of the others being close at all.
Condit was a close fight, Penn was a close one. Gsp fights for points. Many of his unanimous decisions were actually closer than unanimous. He just out points guys. Gsp is in my top 3 fighters of all time. He was really really good. Just not better than Fedor or Anderson.

[
Condit was a close fight, Penn was a close one. Gsp fights for points. Many of his unanimous decisions were actually closer than unanimous. He just out points guys. Gsp is in my top 3 fighters of all time. He was really really good. Just not better than Fedor or Anderson.
During his reign you said. Condit was a 50-45,50-45, 49-46 unanimous decision. GSP had 7 takedowns in that fight.
Penn’s corner threw in the towel to start the 4th.
Not close fights.
At one point in his career he won 33 consecutive rounds, that’s pretty dominant.

Last edited:
Fedor was not the best fighter in 2011. He got sparked twice and lynched by Werdum.
Fedor fanboys being delusional once again what a shocker. His pride run is great but other GOATs resumes in each weight class also match his.

Many of his unanimous decisions were actually closer than unanimous.
giphy.gif

For me, it's GSP, I can rmemeber watching his early fights when he'd literally take everyone down with double legs and no one stood a chance.

The MMA GOAT can only be a HW champ

In which case that honour would go to Jones as he is more than capable of demolishing Miocic & any of the heavyweights in the division (as he has proved consistently with Cormier!) should he move up. Moving up would not harm him at all. Even if he dropped to 185lbs from Light Heavy, he would not be disadvantaging himself with the weight cut as he is not the widest of bean poles. His elbows (& eye pokes) do not discriminate weight classes at all....

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Georges St. Pierre
  3. Jon Jones
  4. Fedor Emelianenko
  5. Jose Aldo
  6. Demetrius Johnson
  7. Daniel Cormier
  8. Dominik Cruz
  9. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  10. Matt Hughes
  11. BJ Penn
  12. Connor McGregor
1-4 is interchangeable. Top 10 is getting really interesting and makes for some good debates.
Dan Henderson maybe at 11 or 12?

GSP - GOAT. The problem is he really didn’t take that next step. Bisping was not Silva. Had he beat Silva, there would be no doubt.
Jones - will be GOAT (if he keeps destroying his comp and will be undisputed if he ever wins the HW title and defends it once)
DC - P4P king
Silva - Kobe Bryant of MMA
Fedor - Terminator/ former GOAT

ALL TIME GOAT WITHOUT PEDS:

1- George "RUSH" St-Pierre
2- Dominick Cruz
3- Fedor Emelianenko

ALL TIME GOAT WITH PEDS:

1- George "RUSH" St-Pierre
2- Jon "BONES" Jones
3- Anderson "THE SPIDER" Silva

I kind of soured a little bit on GSP when he went after Bisping
Just seems like he took the easiest path, and I always thought he was cute concerned about his legacy which meant he ended up almost picking fights he knew he could win or playing it safe
Do you mean to say "I always thought he was quite concerned? Or are you finally coming out of the closet? ;)

Back