All Time GOAT poll

Lots of people bitching here because GSP is winning here a "title" that he actually already wear aka The MMA GOAT.

GSP for sure. no one even comes close to all aspects of being the GOAT. Fedor is a close second, but his off the cliff downfall doesn't help his legacy.

Jones would beat everyone on the list in their prime. Maybe not Fedor... hard to know that.

Both of your fav fighters got caught cheating fair and square. Now you are trying to discredit others with completely zero evidence to justify anderson/jones guilt. What a pathetic life, try harder.
Huh?
Explaining why steroids are not allowed in sports is discrediting fighters? ?

This makes absolutely zero sense.

Steroids were encouraged in Pride

Lightweight GOAT isnt even a question. But why not the All Time GOAT tho? Lightweight is the hardest division there is because of human demoghraphics. If he destroys everybody in that division and never lost....what else must someone do to be the GOAT?

I have GSP as the GOAT. Fought in the WW division, the other "hardest division" based on human demographics. Whole lot of title defenses and a title in two weight classes.
So to answer your question, Khabib would have to outdo what GSP did, I guess. If he can defend his title a bunch of times, and then go up or down in weight to win an other title, then he'll be the GOAT, IMO.

As a side note, I respect a whole lot Khabib, to pick Legacy over Money. Wanting Ferguson over Conor as his next opponent is a really brave move. Just picking that fight make him a bad ass, in my book. Would love the GSP fight after that.

If Silva hung up the gloves after his fight with Nick Diaz, this poll would have very different results. No one dominated opponents with the ease and skill that Silva did. He went up in weight twice and again won in devastating fashion. His refusal to hang up the gloves and recent losses have tainted his legacy, but no doubt he is the GOAT with GSP a close second

Paul "The Polar Bear" Varelans was the all time G.O.A.T, don't let his record fool you, he was truely a skilled fighter.

On paper he looks great but GSP was the most boring champ in ufc history.
GSP was quite boring and far from the most entertaining fighter but he Is still one of the best fighters of all time, you don't have to be entertaining to be good at your sport and win.

GSP was quite boring and far from the most entertaining fighter but he Is still one of the best fighters of all time, you don't have to be entertaining to be good at your sport and win.

Boring is subjective in any case. Is soccer boring? Most North Americans say yes, most of the rest of the world say no. Is classical music boring? Most people say yes, but hundreds of millions still say no. GSP regularly sold 770+K PPV's, so obviously a lot of people didn't find his fights boring.

Arguing about whether something or boring or not tends to get pointless quick -- its like arguing over what's the best flavor of ice-cream (which kids do regularly), in the end it comes down to "i like it" vs "I don't like it". The best you can do is to measure how many PPV's a fighter sold, and GSP, Anderson and Jones all sold about the same amount, so presumably they all had the same number of people who thought they were entertaining enough to pay $50 to watch them fight.

As someone already said, it’s subjective. I personally found his skill set and intelligent approach to fighting very interesting. He was such a complete martial artist and dominate the majority of the time.

you know someone has achieved greatness when they are known by just one name.

you know someone has achieved greatness when they are known by just one name.
Or it’s just a rather uncommon name and no last name is needed. Oh, other than Fedor Hernandez. Forgot about him.

Or it’s just a rather uncommon name and no last name is needed. Oh, other than Fedor Hernandez. Forgot about him.
maybe, maybe you´re right. I know the feeling of not really believing in the opinion of MMA "fans" as most of them never even actually trained any kind of martial arts.
And imo thats why maybe, just maybe, the most rational thing to do is to ask Anderson Silva, Minotauro, BJ Penn, Shogun, José Aldo, Cain Velasquez, Júnior Cigano, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Mousasi, CroCop, Couture, GSP ... you know, those guys, maybe their opinion actually counts. Ask them the same question, and who knows?! maybe all of them gave the same answer.

maybe, maybe you´re right. I know the feeling of not really believing in the opinion of MMA "fans" as most of them never even actually trained any kind of martial arts.
And imo thats why maybe, just maybe, the most rational thing to do is to ask Anderson Silva, Minotauro, BJ Penn, Shogun, José Aldo, Cain Velasquez, Júnior Cigano, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Mousasi, CroCop, Couture, GSP ... you know, those guys, maybe their opinion actually counts. Ask them the same question, and who knows?! maybe all of them gave the same answer.
That’s a lot of work to reply to a joke. Just having fun with the one name thing. Fedor was fun to watch.

Back