All Time GOAT poll

GSP was quite boring and far from the most entertaining fighter but he Is still one of the best fighters of all time, you don't have to be entertaining to be good at your sport and win.

GSP was very entertaining if you're a fan of IQ as well as domination because he outsmarted and dominated each opponent he faced everywhere: stand up, clinch, grappling. If you're one of those people that says "stand em up" then lol but if you're not I seriously suggest you rewatch GSP's fights. He murdered matt hughes twice, BJ Penn, Josh Koscheck twice, choked out michael bisping after how many years, beat the shit out of dan hardy and jon fitch... Like he dominated, don't get fooled by the decisions

Khabib entering top 10 territory..

As for the GOAT it’s Anderson Silva.

Last edited:
The goat is the guy that dominated with never getting popped, or dominated inside the testing pool, ie not in pride.

So realistically thats GSP, but the best fighter on the list is Jon Jones.

Probably should do a redo poll and add kabob onto the list

I think they'll add his name and allow people to recast.

Id like to see BJs name put up there as well.

It seems Fedors vote count is growing but GSPs is as well. Still, Emelianenkos is growing faster so I'd say hell eventually overtake GSP for the #1 spot on here. Jones is catching up to him though as well.

Throwing Khabib in now might just throw the chart off balance. In real time voting will be very biased.
The big 4’s percentage of votes has been steady for months now. Even if Aldo, Johnson & ‘other’ went to Fedor he wouldn’t take over the top spot.

I think cruz should be on the list for his Bantam Weight run.
Here are some of his wins.
-Ian Mccall. Fantastic Bantam and Flyweight who picked up solid wins throughout his career and gave hard fights to guys like Joseph Benavidez and Mighty mouse.
-Joseph Benavidez X2. Who holds wins over guys like Miguel Torres (4th best bantam ever), Ian Mccall, Cejudo, Formigia and basically every Flyweight except for DJ and a ton of Bantams. One of the best fighters ever to never hold a major belt.
-Demetrius Johnson. Do I really need to say more? He's on the list. Hell Cruz is still the only one to actually DOMINATE him (I still think DJ won the second Cejudo fight)
-Urijah Faber X2. A top 5 Featherweight of all time alongside an all-time bantam GOAT. Held the WEC FW belt which is a proto version of the UFC Feather belt and defended it 5 times. Alongside Winning any and all belts in other orgs at the time.
-TJ Dillashaw. 2nd best Bantamweight of all time. Murked the 3rd best BW ever with ease twice and added solid ass wins like Assuncao and Lineker to that resume alongside No love X2.
Cruz Dominated everyone here barring TJ who he had a close match with but still took 3-2 for me. I don't know why Faber thought he won the 2nd Cruz fight I think he got his ass beat.

Cruz just doesn't get a lot of love cause a lot of his career was in the WEC which is often forgotten by newer fans, He's a smaller fighter, Often injury prone so we didn't get to see him much and the fact he rarely got a knockout.
But I truly think Cruz is one of the best. Not to mention his boxing footwork is one of the best in the game making his shotty hand speed and power irrelevant to his skill as a boxer in MMA. alongside his amazing takedown and top control game. Also not bringing up his smaller wins like Brian Bowles (Fantastic Bantam who took Torres 37-1 record) and Mizugaki who was a top 5 Bantam in the world at the time Cruz stopped him.

I think cruz should be on the list for his Bantam Weight run.
Here are some of his wins.
-Ian Mccall. Fantastic Bantam and Flyweight who picked up solid wins throughout his career and gave hard fights to guys like Joseph Benavidez and Mighty mouse.
-Joseph Benavidez X2. Who holds wins over guys like Miguel Torres (4th best bantam ever), Ian Mccall, Cejudo, Formigia and basically every Flyweight except for DJ and a ton of Bantams. One of the best fighters ever to never hold a major belt.
-Demetrius Johnson. Do I really need to say more? He's on the list. Hell Cruz is still the only one to actually DOMINATE him (I still think DJ won the second Cejudo fight)
-Urijah Faber X2. A top 5 Featherweight of all time alongside an all-time bantam GOAT. Held the WEC FW belt which is a proto version of the UFC Feather belt and defended it 5 times. Alongside Winning any and all belts in other orgs at the time.
-TJ Dillashaw. 2nd best Bantamweight of all time. Murked the 3rd best BW ever with ease twice and added solid ass wins like Assuncao and Lineker to that resume alongside No love X2.
Cruz Dominated everyone here barring TJ who he had a close match with but still took 3-2 for me. I don't know why Faber thought he won the 2nd Cruz fight I think he got his ass beat.

Cruz just doesn't get a lot of love cause a lot of his career was in the WEC which is often forgotten by newer fans, He's a smaller fighter, Often injury prone so we didn't get to see him much and the fact he rarely got a knockout.
But I truly think Cruz is one of the best. Not to mention his boxing footwork is one of the best in the game making his shotty hand speed and power irrelevant to his skill as a boxer in MMA. alongside his amazing takedown and top control game. Also not bringing up his smaller wins like Brian Bowles (Fantastic Bantam who took Torres 37-1 record) and Mizugaki who was a top 5 Bantam in the world at the time Cruz stopped him.

Yeah Dom is the Cain of bantamweight. He has only fought in the UFC Six times in nine years. Cerrone has fought six times in 15 months

Yeah Dom is the Cain of bantamweight. He has only fought in the UFC Six times in nine years. Cerrone has fought six times in 15 months
That doesn't refute what I said at all though. Point is Cruz has beaten the best in his division time and time again and the best in other divisions as well.
Also, Cruz has a much better resume than Cain whos basically just JDS and Bigfoot. The corpse of Nog should barely count.

If Khabib beats Poirier and Ferguson and then retires, he will be the GOAT

Do we agree with this?
the division isn't even close to being cleaned out. not our fault he wasted the better half of his career beating cans. if he cleans out the division. sure.

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Georges St. Pierre
  3. Jon Jones
  4. Fedor Emelianenko
  5. Jose Aldo
  6. Demetrius Johnson
  7. Daniel Cormier
  8. Dominik Cruz
  9. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  10. Matt Hughes
  11. BJ Penn
  12. Connor McGregor
1-4 is interchangeable. Top 10 is getting really interesting and makes for some good debates.

Last edited:
GSP is the GOAT.

His skills were so well rounded he out struck wrestlers and out wrestled strikers.

These skills from a Karate background?

People keep saying he's an incredible athlete even though he sucked at every sport during his childhood?

The guy just worked smarter and harder than anyone.

He succeeded at every aspect of the UFC game and represented the sport of MMA with class.

People still want to see him fight!

That doesn't refute what I said at all though. Point is Cruz has beaten the best in his division time and time again and the best in other divisions as well.
Also, Cruz has a much better resume than Cain whos basically just JDS and Bigfoot. The corpse of Nog should barely count.

I wasn’t saying anything bad about Dom, I wasn’t arguing against you. Just pointing out a couple things.

I'm sticking with BJ Penn. He beat the best in the world during their primes, never gave up, was a fighters fighter and even his last few fights were more competive then some people say. Majority draws, split decisions and 29-28s.

He didn't hide behind weight classes, 'illegal moves' or PEDS like a bitch.

Silva, Aldo, GSP, Fedor and Jones already said he's the greatest.

I'm not buying any in real time flavor of the month cultists crap that's being pushed.

Are you a schizo?

On your last account you called BJ a scrub?? lol

I've been reviewing Frank Shamrock's career, along with winning the UFC Middleweight Championship (later renamed the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship), Shamrock has also won numerous titles in other martial arts organizations, including the interim King of Pancrase title, the WEC Light Heavyweight Championship and the Strikeforce Middleweight Championship.

He was the No. 1 ranked pound for pound UFC fighter in the world during his reign as the UFC Middleweight Champion and was considered by several people to be a training pioneer, constantly seeking new influences to improve his game, excelling in all the fields of the game some called him the "first mixed martial artist" for combining his great wrestling and submission with effective striking (even though other fighters like Don Frye and Marco Ruas were doing as well).

Taking all that into consideration, there could be an argument made for putting Frank Shamrock in the GOAT dicussion.

Last edited:
Back