All Time GOAT poll

Nope, tapping to strikes to a journeyman automatically disqualifies him

This is the weakest argument in the book against GSP. GSP got caught, any fighter on any given day can get caught. It’s much harder to display dominance over another fighter, which was what GSP did in the rematch. He completely and utterly destroyed Serra, there was and IS no doubt who the superior fighter is.

This is the weakest argument in the book against GSP. GSP got caught, any fighter on any given day can get caught. It’s much harder to display dominance over another fighter, which was what GSP did in the rematch. He completely and utterly destroyed Serra, there was and IS no doubt who the superior fighter is.
No, they're 1-1 so they needed a third match to settle business

EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif

If we are talking resume him and Jones fought better overall competition than Fedor and Anderson but Jones never had a Matt Serra moment. Granted GSP never popped for PEDs and didnt have a crazy reach advantage over his opponents like Jones did.

If we are talking actual skills and ability? tbh I think the smaller guys like DJ, Volk, Yan etc are the most all round skilled fighters.

Yawn, hasn't this been discussed about a 1000 times. There is no GOAT, because it is subjective, and everybody has their own opinion. There is no definitive answer, never will be. :confused:

Nobody has accomplished more in this sport than Anderson Silva. He is the greatest.

Jones is the only one close to him, and realistically the only one who can surpass him as of now.

Cry it up, kids. Spider bless.

The only thing remaining after the apocalypse will be a small herd of sherbros cowering in a cave avoiding the nuclear winter, all still arguing about who the goat is.

Fedor is the clear GOAT in my books. Here's a few arguments for him over GSP:

1. GSP only fought guys pretty much the same size as him his whole career (170 pounds mostly, with his last fight at 185 vs Bisping), while Fedor was small for a heavyweight (235 pounds), and fought absolute giants, way beyond the UFC heavyweight limit eg Hong Man Choi (315 pounds), Zuluzinho (390 pounds). GSP was large for his division, whereas Fedor was small for his division.

2. For much of his UFC career GSP was a decisionator while Fedor always went for the finish. There are numerous fights where Fedor finished his opponent in an iconic memorable fashion, such as his KOs of Sylvia and Arlovski (and zulu), and his arm bar on Mark Coleman or Hong Man Choi, and his kimura on Kevin Randleman immediately after getting powerbombed on his head. Whereas, there are not many memories of amazing KOs/submissions by GSP. The two times he finished Matt Hughes are probably the most memorable, and they are not super memorable imo.

3. The list of names Fedor has fought and beat outweighs the list of names that GSP fought and beat in my opinion. Fedor beat Big Nog, Crocop, Mark Coleman, Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Kevin Randleman, Semmy Schilt, Mark Hunt. All literal legends of MMA. GSP beat Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Carlos Condit, Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, Michael Bisping. Also big names, but in my opinion, not as legendary as the list that Fedor has beat.

A few thoughts and my 2c.

I came into this thread looking for the discussion points that would finally make this issue a non-debate.

I was very disappointed.

How dare you OP. You ruined my day.

Level of competition (at the time), number of title defenses, avenged both losses, titles in 2 weight classes, professionalism in and out of the octagon, embodies the martial arts spirit, retired on top, superb overall skill level in every aspect of MMA (striking and grappling), the list goes on..

Khabib hasn’t fought at the highest level possible imo, he is HUGE for his weight class, have missed weight before, never went up a weight class, has very few title defenses, not a complete martial artist (poor kicking skills, pretty much same playbook every fight, forces opponent to the cage, take down and GNP, rinse and repeat, he’s not even in my top 3 tbh.

Fedor and Silva are in the same boat, retired wayyyy too late, both aren’t as complete martial artists as GSP (Fedor lacks kicks, Silva lacks the wrestling), too many losses overall to be GOATed.

DJ matches up with GSP in almost every category , skill, record, has beaten everyone he’s faced, carries himself well outside the octagon. The only thing lacking is the level of competition he’s faced and also have not gone up a weight class.

Jon Jones is the only fighter that is close and may surpass GSP, if he wins it all at HW IMO there is not doubt he is the GOAT. Highest level of competition faced, overall skill level in all aspects of MMA is superb, perfect record, the only knock on him are his antics in his personal life, other than that Jones is without a doubt the GOAT behind GSP, if he wins title at HW, he is unarguably the GOAT.

There’s no debate, GSP is the GOAT FOR NOW.
There is no discussion. The Earth is flat. I believe it, so it must be True.

Anderson silva will always be my goat. His IQ, finishing ability, toughness, grappling skills, speed, and power were all just top notch.

We will never see his like again man

Brazilian007: "GOATs can't ever lose to smaller cans"

Matt Serra: "Hold my beer"

Last edited:
The only thing remaining after the apocalypse will be a small herd of sherbros cowering in a cave avoiding the nuclear winter, all still arguing about who the goat is.
After a few millennium later...

scientists will find evidence of Sherdog, because sherbros will create intricate paintings on the cave walls showing their favorite fighters and biggest victories, also the beloved goat argument...

the below painting depicts UFC 258 Adesanya’s big win over Costa
zkxyezcdrgc81.jpg

Back