All Time GOAT poll

No one knows who the GOAT is. “Of all time” includes future fighters. People in the future will claim their generation of fighters Goat, making current claims null and void because we will all be dead by then and no one will say “GSP is #1” or Jon Jones was the greatest” . People just want to claim their time was the greatest.

ESPN+ has some series I think called Details where DC uses slow mo fwd and reverse to go over key parts of the GSP vs Bisping match and points out GSP's superior fight IQ and stuff. Some of the stuff I never thought of or noticed as a long time MMA viewer. Good thing they got DC to do the show instead of Stephen A.

I don’t know, maybe 5 years? Was watching GSP on Lex Fridman and felt an urge to post this. I have been thinking about posting this for since GSP beat Bisping..
The one with Danaher and Gordon or another appearance?

I'm okay with whichever pick from the 4 kings (GSP, Jones, Fedor, Anderson) as the GOAT, but yes I do have GSP at the top of that list

He's my #1 but there is clearly a debate..

Jones is easily the #1 on paper but with him it just comes down to how much you weigh his PED infractions
Jones on his way to the belch and most of his subsequent defenses, he seemed to know exactly what's best to do in each moment and wasn't in much trouble except against Gus in their first match and forward.

ClHC.gif

Fedor might not even be the best HW when you consider what Stipe, Werdum, DC did against possibly better competition. These three would have likely wrecked Fujita, Zuluzinho, Coleman, Rogers, etc.

DJ matches up with GSP in almost every category , skill, record, has beaten everyone he’s faced, carries himself well outside the octagon. The only thing lacking is the level of competition he’s faced and also have not gone up a weight class.

Jon Jones is the only fighter that is close and may surpass GSP, if he wins it all at HW IMO there is not doubt he is the GOAT. Highest level of competition faced, overall skill level in all aspects of MMA is superb, perfect record, the only knock on him are his antics in his personal life, other than that Jones is without a doubt the GOAT behind GSP, if he wins title at HW, he is unarguably the GOAT.
DJ: he has not defeated everyone he faced. Dom Cruz & Brad Pickett have wins over him. As far as not moving up not sure if you realize he fought at BW for his entire career before the UFC created a FlyW division. He fought Dom Cruz for the UFC BW title.

For Jon Jones how is the only knock on him his antics in his personal life? Turinabol, Clomid, Pulsing, Picograms, hiding under the cage in Jackson Wink to avoid USADA, Stripped of his title for his hit and run stripped of an Interim title for PEDs (Colmid) , stripped of the title for Turinabol PEDs after UFC 214, had UFC 151 cancelled, UFC 232 had to be moved, Eye poking every opponent, illegal elbows, illegal knee and when he lost a fight in the cage but was gifted a BS decision he vacates the UFC LHW title and says he is going to HW. two and a half years later he still hasn't fought and maybe never will.

DJ: he has not defeated everyone he faced. Dom Cruz & Brad Pickett have wins over him. As far as not moving up not sure if you realize he fought at BW for his entire career before the UFC created a FlyW division. He fought Dom Cruz for the UFC BW title.

For Jon Jones how is the only knock on him his antics in his personal life? Turinabol, Clomid, Pulsing, Picograms, hiding under the cage in Jackson Wink to avoid USADA, Stripped of his title for his hit and run stripped of an Interim title for PEDs (Colmid) , stripped of the title for Turinabol PEDs after UFC 214, had UFC 151 cancelled, UFC 232 had to be moved, Eye poking every opponent, illegal elbows, illegal knee and when he lost a fight in the cage but was gifted a BS decision he vacates the UFC LHW title and says he is going to HW. two and a half years later he still hasn't fought and maybe never will.

Thanks for correcting me, all the “facts” I’ve stated here are just off the top of my head and believe me I’m no way near as diligent and thorough in my research as I used to be. But my opinion still stands, DJ hasn’t faced the level of competition that GSP has.
In terms of Jones and his PED use, I’ve never put too much weight into the clean VS dirty athletes debate, because IMO most athletes are using anyway, some are just able to hide their usage better. Even without PEDs I believe Jones will still be where he is today, we’ll never really know though.

When you have things like a job and a kid, stuff like arguing with teenagers on an MMA forum isn’t placed too high on one’s to-do list anymore…
Then you have terrible time management ability, as I'm pretty sure a very huge % of us have those, and still find time.

Don't lie, you probably fell below sherdogs muscle requirements.

Back