All Time GOAT poll

Level of competition (at the time), number of title defenses, avenged both losses, titles in 2 weight classes, professionalism in and out of the octagon, embodies the martial arts spirit, retired on top, superb overall skill level in every aspect of MMA (striking and grappling), the list goes on..

Khabib hasn’t fought at the highest level possible imo, he is HUGE for his weight class, have missed weight before, never went up a weight class, has very few title defenses, not a complete martial artist (poor kicking skills, pretty much same playbook every fight, forces opponent to the cage, take down and GNP, rinse and repeat, he’s not even in my top 3 tbh.

Fedor and Silva are in the same boat, retired wayyyy too late, both aren’t as complete martial artists as GSP (Fedor lacks kicks, Silva lacks the wrestling), too many losses overall to be GOATed.

DJ matches up with GSP in almost every category , skill, record, has beaten everyone he’s faced, carries himself well outside the octagon. The only thing lacking is the level of competition he’s faced and also have not gone up a weight class.

Jon Jones is the only fighter that is close and may surpass GSP, if he wins it all at HW IMO there is not doubt he is the GOAT. Highest level of competition faced, overall skill level in all aspects of MMA is superb, perfect record, the only knock on him are his antics in his personal life, other than that Jones is without a doubt the GOAT behind GSP, if he wins title at HW, he is unarguably the GOAT.

There’s no debate, GSP is the GOAT FOR NOW.

Level of competition (at the time), number of title defenses, avenged both losses, titles in 2 weight classes, professionalism in and out of the octagon, embodies the martial arts spirit, retired on top, superb overall skill level in every aspect of MMA (striking and grappling), the list goes on..

Khabib hasn’t fought at the highest level possible imo, he is HUGE for his weight class, have missed weight before, never went up a weight class, has very few title defenses, not a complete martial artist (poor kicking skills, pretty much same playbook every fight, forces opponent to the cage, take down and GNP, rinse and repeat, he’s not even in my top 3 tbh.

Fedor and Silva are in the same boat, retired wayyyy too late, both aren’t as complete martial artists as GSP (Fedor lacks kicks, Silva lacks the wrestling), too many losses overall to be GOATed.

DJ matches up with GSP in almost every category , skill, record, has beaten everyone he’s faced, carries himself well outside the octagon. The only thing lacking is the level of competition he’s faced and also have not gone up a weight class.

Jon Jones is the only fighter that is close and may surpass GSP, if he wins it all at HW IMO there is not doubt he is the GOAT. Highest level of competition faced, overall skill level in all aspects of MMA is superb, perfect record, the only knock on him are his antics in his personal life, other than that Jones is without a doubt the GOAT behind GSP, if he wins title at HW, he is unarguably the GOAT.

There’s no debate, GSP is the GOAT FOR NOW.

Dj is the 135 champ in one so he has gone up in weight.

Look guy I haven’t logged in in years, I don’t know the rules anymore, you fuckers still say shit like “use the search function asshole”?

What brought you back? And how long ago was the last time you logged in?

I do agree with you TS that GSP is the overall best but your argument against Fedor isnt a good one. I will help you

Anderson Silva lost to cans the GOAT can never have lost to cans let alone loser to smaller opponents this rules out Anderson. Also Anderson was always theorized to lose to a Weidman type and did.

Fedor did use kicks to set up strikes but mostly relied on takedowns, ground and pound, boxing and clinch fighting. A fighter doesnt have to use kicks if he does the others. While I do consider GSP technically more well rounded than Fedor, GSP has a lot more decision wins and lack of finished compared to Fedor. Also we could say GSP never submitted people off his back but that isnt a bad thing it is far better to avoid ever being on your back.

The thing that hurts Fedor is the loss to Hendo and also never winning a UFC belt. The UFC is writing history and Fedor didnt have a part in it sadly. Fedor loss to Hendo who weighed less is bad for a HW GOAT but we must consider Fedor himself was truly a LHW and if he most the excess fat would of been a large MW or small LHW.

Last edited:
What brought you back? And how long ago was the last time you logged in?

I don’t know, maybe 5 years? Was watching GSP on Lex Fridman and felt an urge to post this. I have been thinking about posting this for since GSP beat Bisping..

I don’t know, maybe 5 years? Was watching GSP on Lex Fridman and felt an urge to post this. I have been thinking about posting this for since GSP beat Bisping..

That's interesting, thanks for answering. Take care buddy. And welcome back.

Back