1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Fedor
4. Anderson
5. Aldo
6. Khabib
7. Demetrius
8. Cormier

This will be fun to look back on in 2-3 years when Oliveira, Usman, Aldo, Volkanovski, Israel and a few others have either wrapped up their careers or done more with them.

Cormier over Stipe Miocic? How many consecutive times did Cormier defend his title? The Trilogy was won by_____. Khabib, most 10-8s in UFC history. Jones mauled his opponents to that extent? Volk, Yan, and Makhachev will be in there before long.
Cormier has the same world titles as Miocic, is a double champ and in my opinion was the better fighter.

You can make a case for Miocic it's close but i give Cormier the nod. Miocic beating him when Cormier was clearly past it doesn't mean that much to me when ranking them

As for Khabib, Jon Jones literally has more titlefight wins than Khabib has UFC wins, it's not close, at all. Khabib retired early he had the potential to be the GOAT imo but he didn't, it was his choice. He's the most dominant fighter ever though.

GSP still sitting pretty at the top. Looks good to me.

Sometimes the failures of some accentuate the achievements of others.

Last night we saw just how hard it is to defend titles against legitimate opposition. GSP did it against a buzzsaw of opponents. Always against the next contender. The idea that Usman “ran through the divison” as he said himself is utterly laughable.

Because you NEVER run through a division. There is always someone else to face who is up and coming. That’s what GSP did.

Sometimes the failures of some accentuate the achievements of others.

Last night we saw just how hard it is to defend titles against legitimate opposition. GSP did it against a buzzsaw of opponents. Always against the next contender. The idea that Usman “ran through the divison” as he said himself is utterly laughable.

Because you NEVER run through a division. There is always someone else to face who is up and coming. That’s what GSP did.

What showed last night is how hard it is to break Silva's 16 winning streak, even Dana commented on it.

What you say about GSP is true btw, only that Silva did it often forcing the referee to intervene to save his challenger's life. Literlly. Different story.

What showed last night is how hard it is to break Silva's 16 winning streak, even Dana commented on it.

What you say about GSP is true btw, only that Silva did it often forcing the referee to intervene to save his challenger's life. Literally. Different story.

I love Silva. One of my favourite fighters of all time. And I don't want to derail this thread. But there's a reason I don't rank his run ahead of GSP's. But it is what it is. Those two runs happening together was fun to be a part of as a fan of the sport.

I love Silva. One of my favourite fighters of all time. And I don't want to derail this thread. But there's a reason I don't rank his run ahead of GSP's. But it is what it is. Those two runs happening together was fun to be a part of as a fan of the sport.

It's PEDs the reason? Its arguable but ok
Other than that, its not as much about reason as it is about feeling

It's PEDs the reason? Its arguable but ok
Other than that, its not as much about reason as it is about feeling

Indeed. Some people don’t care. I kind of do. It sullied it a bit for me. And I’m not under any illusions that it means that guys who haven’t popped are clean. It is what it is.

Cormier has the same world titles as Miocic, is a double champ and in my opinion was the better fighter.

You can make a case for Miocic it's close but i give Cormier the nod. Miocic beating him when Cormier was clearly past it doesn't mean that much to me when ranking them

As for Khabib, Jon Jones literally has more titlefight wins than Khabib has UFC wins, it's not close, at all. Khabib retired early he had the potential to be the GOAT imo but he didn't, it was his choice. He's the most dominant fighter ever though.

Really not a good comparison. Miocic was a natural HW. Cormier, how many fights as LHW and as HW? I don't put that much emphasis on champ-champ status in comparing these two. You think Stipe could come down to 205 and compete? He'd be a skeleton. I noticed you have a list of GOAT. There's only one, not a list, right? Jones and Stipe are still active, unlike Cormier. Interested to know what a Stipe win over Jones at UFC 282 would do to your rankings.

How in the hell can Jon Jones can fight at 260 lbs.? That's his purported weight at this time. (If he tests REALLY DIRTY, you still think he's a GOAT?) December is his fight with Miocic.

Really not a good comparison. Miocic was a natural HW. Cormier, how many fights as LHW and as HW? I don't put that much emphasis on champ-champ status in comparing these two. You think Stipe could come down to 205 and compete? He'd be a skeleton. I noticed you have a list of GOAT. There's only one, not a list, right? Jones and Stipe are still active, unlike Cormier. Interested to know what a Stipe win over Jones at UFC 282 would do to your rankings.

How in the hell can Jon Jones can fight at 260 lbs.? That's his purported weight at this time. (If he tests REALLY DIRTY, you still think he's a GOAT?) December is his fight with Miocic.
Stipe beating Jones would put him above Cormier for sure in my list. Like i said between them it's super close and i can see the argument for Miocic, i have Cormier ahead but not by much and Miocic beating Jones would definitely be something that would put him well above Cormier, especially if he would finish Jones regardless of the fact that Jones best years are behind him

Stipe beating Jones would put him above Cormier for sure in my list. Like i said between them it's super close and i can see the argument for Miocic, i have Cormier ahead but not by much and Miocic beating Jones would definitely be something that would put him well above Cormier, especially if he would finish Jones regardless of the fact that Jones best years are behind him
To be fair to Stipe, he's 40 and is coming back from a BRUTAL (Francis KOs always are, aren't they) Ngganou KO and little love tap after he was likely already out. Jones is 36? Both have been out of action for a long while (Stipe needed it, for sure), especially Jonny Bones.

Considering all these things, I don't think there would be any excuses either way.

Indeed. Some people don’t care. I kind of do. It sullied it a bit for me. And I’m not under any illusions that it means that guys who haven’t popped are clean. It is what it is.

You refered to his (and GSP's) championship run. Silva didnt pop during his championship run. Many of his opponents during his championship run DID pop, not Silva. Silva did after a career-ending injury in his 40s. It is what is is.

You refered to his (and GSP's) championship run. Silva didnt pop during his championship run. Many of his opponents during his championship run DID pop, not Silva. Silva did after a career-ending injury in his 40s. It is what is is.

Yeah, the run was amazing. I enjoyed it a lot and I’m still a huge fan and love watching him succeed in boxing.

When a guy pops it kind of casts doubt on his whole career. Maybe you don’t think that way but some people, including me, do. I can’t help it. I doubt whether his wins during that run were clean.

It is what it is.

GSP still sitting pretty at the top. Looks good to me.
Is bs.. there is just one guy undefeated in there and is not GSP

and had better opposition

Yeah, the run was amazing. I enjoyed it a lot and I’m still a huge fan and love watching him succeed in boxing.

When a guy pops it kind of casts doubt on his whole career. Maybe you don’t think that way but some people, including me, do. I can’t help it. I doubt whether his wins during that run were clean.

It is what it is.

Everybody took something in all sports, GSP compited without USADA

Last edited:
To be fair to Stipe, he's 40 and is coming back from a BRUTAL (Francis KOs always are, aren't they) Ngganou KO and little love tap after he was likely already out. Jones is 36? Both have been out of action for a long while (Stipe needed it, for sure), especially Jonny Bones.

Considering all these things, I don't think there would be any excuses either way.
True and that's why if Stipe beats him he slides into my top 10 all time.

6rb6pd.gif

Back