All Time GOAT poll

The bottom line is correct - GSP is the GOAT.

Despite reaching the correct conclusion, the following points are ignorant:

"he is HUGE for his weight class" - so what, completely irrelevant.
"have missed weight before" - one missed weight cut negates GOAT status?
"Never went up a weight class" OK, but still does not negate GOAT status if deserving in all other aspects
"both aren’t as complete martial artists as GSP" But arguably much better in certain aspects of MMA
"the only knock on him are his antics in his personal life" He tested positive for PEDS...multiple times

Then why post the thread if it’s no debating? You must have been bored. Kinda like me watching GSP fights

Look guy I haven’t logged in in years, I don’t know the rules anymore, you fuckers still say shit like “use the search function asshole”?
It was there before, and still is. But thankfully you started yet another GOAT thread anyway, with the added bonus of "NO DEBATE", lol.

I have to argue it's Fedor.

But GSP is a solid pick.

Fedor lacked the skill on bottom against Big Foot Silva, his TDD wasn't the greatest(Needed to cheat and grab the rope to avoid being TD by an old MW in Lindland).

As amazing as Fedor was, there were holes in his game, I don't see how he even makes top 5 realistically.

Let's make the case DC.

If we take away his loses to Jones, he would have gone down as the GOAT.

In the first fight Jones had not only had test levels of a 9 year old girl, but some how miraculously rebounded to normal levels a few weeks later, in a amazing science defying feat.

He later popped for the same illegal drug used for PCT to rebound your Test levels.

In the 2nd fight, Jones cheated so much, that he is still testing positive years later from that fight.

Had Jones not cheated, he would've lost(why else would he cheat).

Imagine DC's unbeaten record with Jones on it? Plus a 2 division champion.

I just can’t take GOAT talk seriously when the man tapped to strikes against a 5’4 journeyman.

That would be like Michael Jordan losing an NBA Finals against a team led by Rick Fox.

It is cute when folks try to end a debate by proclaiming "there is no debate".

By definition, you're wrong.

Why fucking bother anyway? He's top 4 in 95% of people's rankings. Isn't that good enough for ya?

And most likely, any difference of opinion on where exactly he lands within that top 4 can be attributed to differences in how one defines GOAT. Which few (including this OP) talk about but is actually the most important detail.

Last edited:
It's almost as if sports can have unexpected outcomes....
<TheWire1>

Tapping to a 5'4 journeyman was quite unexpected.

And that's the problem if you call him an undebatable GOAT.

GSP literally has the weakest setback out of all possible GOATS, but like I said, there is no GOAT in MMA...yet.

There is no Michael Jordan or Tom Brady or Wayne Gretzky.

Tapping to a 5'4 journeyman was quite unexpected.

And that's the problem if you call him an undebatable GOAT.

GSP literally has the weakest setback out of all possible GOATS, but like I said, there is no GOAT in MMA...yet.

There is no Michael Jordan or Tom Brady or Wayne Gretzky.
I'm with you. There's no GOAT and there never will be. I have no problem with tapping to strikes though. Even if it's a little guy like Serra that just cracked your head, there's no dishonor in saying,"FUCK THIS" after you've been wobbled.

I'm with you. There's no GOAT and there never will be. I have no problem with tapping to strikes though. Even if it's a little guy like Serra that just cracked your head, there's no dishonor in saying,"FUCK THIS" after you've been wobbled.

I feel you.

Of course it's easy to make fun of GSP for it, but he was young and avenged the loss.

I agree. He had a amazing career and continues to be one of the most prestigious Ambassadors for MMA. Pure class all the way.

Anderson SIlva was WW Champ in 2001, defeating Hayato Sakurai, #1 WW and #1 P4P at the time.

EC7cQNBWsAE-k4J

For the record, Anderson is not my #1 GOAT but his career at WW can not be overlooked.

Sure, I agree. As long as Anderson Silva fans don't then try to have it both ways.

Anderson beat Saku in 2001 and Newton in 2003 and then lost to Takase in 2003, Chonan in 2004, and Okami in 2006.

Many Anderson fans argue for his big WW wins to count in his GOAT considerations and then his MW run while saying those losses should not count against him as that was not in his Prime and GOAT is about his Prime run.

Well then the WW fights don't count. Or they do, and the losses count too.

Can't believe how low Anderson Silva is on this poll. To me he was the only goat with moments that he looked like a goat. His highlights and creativity redefined MMA. The next closest is Jones. So I got Silva>Jones>GSP>Fedor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back