All Time GOAT poll

I kind of soured a little bit on GSP when he went after Bisping
Just seems like he took the easiest path, and I always thought he was cute concerned about his legacy which meant he ended up almost picking fights he knew he could win or playing it safe
Picking the champion a weightclass above The easiest path ?

I don't know how Aldo is up for discussion . A pound for pound greatest doesn't get slept by a once punch knockout in the first 20 seconds of a fight .

On paper he looks great but GSP was the most boring champ in ufc history.

To each is own. I enjoyed his fights except for the ones where he clearly is alpha male but doesn't get the finish.

Another make believe thread.

The MMA GOAT can only be a HW champ.

This is not boxing. Boxing takes more skill so it makes sense to compare skills between weight classes.

This is fighting fighting.

The GOAT is 100% Fedor. And after Fedor it's not GSP or Anderson, it's someone like Big Nog, or Werdum or Cain.

GSP is the WW GOAT without a question. MM is the flyweight GOAT, Aldo is the FW GOAT, LW, MW and LHW are up for grabs, although DC is probably the LHW GOAT, and a strong contender at HW too.

Anderson and Jones just the GOAT cheaters, and that's not a cute nickname, they are the actual GOAT cheaters. Anderson is only second to Jones, and Jones is second to none.

Boxing take more skill???

No they are very skilled boxers in this one area of fighting.

MMA in it's totality actually requires more skills.

Goat is a stupid and hard to quantify but I believe you can nominate goats in their perpsective weight classes.

For sure Fedor in his prime was just a freaking destroyer.

Gsp for welterweight. And no it's not Usman yet.

Middle weight is easy. Anderson Silva.

LIghtweigth. Khabib.

I will stop there.

I see it like this : Both Silva and GSP moved up in weight but atleast
Georges got a belt. Silva never fought the LHW champion.

I see it like this : Both Silva and GSP moved up in weight but atleast
Georges got a belt. Silva never fought the LHW champion.

GSP beat a MW champion who didnt even make it to a tittle shot during Silva's championship run in the same division, despite 3 tittle eliminators in the weightclass.

Silva didnt move up once but twice. He firstly became WW champion beating Sakurai in Shooto, who went to challenge Hughes for the UFC WW tittle right after.
Silva also fought at WW the same year he became UFC MW champion finishing Franklin.

So before GSP beat one-eyed Bisping, your "view" was that Silva > GSP?

GSP beat a MW champion who didnt even make it to a tittle shot during Silva's championship run in the same division, despite 3 tittle eliminators in the weightclass.

Silva didnt move up once but twice. He firstly became WW champion beating Sakurai in Shooto, who went to challenge Hughes for the UFC WW tittle right after.
Silva also fought at WW the same year he became UFC MW champion finishing Franklin.

So before GSP beat one-eyed Bisping, your "view" was that Silva > GSP?

1. Silva stopped starving himself and finally went to his natural weight class. I don't consider that moving up.
2. That WW division was 175 lbs.
3. Bisping beat Silva. Live with it.

Khabib is the goat
never dropped, never bled, undefeated, dominant with most 10-8 rounds, no PEDs no cheating, retired with his brain cell intact.

He didn't need to fight more. Those who continue fighting can't afford to retire.
Noone is doing it for the sport only. They are all in it for the money.

The only person that can overtake Khabib as the GOAT is Khamzat due to being undefeated and running through his opponent or maybe another undefeated fighter.

Sorry if it hurts your feeling but your favourite fighters will never be considered GOAT due to having losses and ped use.
UFC_khabibnurmagomedov_2224_1_medium.png

I agree with Khabib is great but GOAT can not leave with this many defenses. Georges is the greatest to do it inside the UFC.

Weak lw division.won boring decision vs a not top 10 to win the belt.got tookdown vs tibau and outstruck and somehow hes the winner.almost got finished by dustin.took 4 rounds to beat a drunk conor who was actually outstriking.other than dustin justin and conor who else has he beat thats a world beater?

Khabib is the goat
never dropped, never bled, undefeated, dominant with most 10-8 rounds, no PEDs no cheating, retired with his brain cell intact.

He didn't need to fight more. Those who continue fighting can't afford to retire.
Noone is doing it for the sport only. They are all in it for the money.

The only person that can overtake Khabib as the GOAT is Khamzat due to being undefeated and running through his opponent or maybe another undefeated fighter.

Sorry if it hurts your feeling but your favourite fighters will never be considered GOAT due to having losses and ped use.
UFC_khabibnurmagomedov_2224_1_medium.png

respectfully of course, no.

Back