All Time GOAT poll

Were his early decision wins vs. Arona and Babalu exciting? Serious question, not a snide remark. I've only watched a little of the Arona fight and none of the Babalu fight. I know Fedor's win vs. Arona has been hotly contested. I also realize Fedor was just starting out and his style evolved a bit.

Babalu fight was exciting but one sided. Babalu talked about him years later:

Look, I’ve fought many people from around the world, so I’ve seen many strong fighters. But like him, never.

Fedor Arona was prolly his most competitive fight when he was near or at his prime. Not the most exciting but not as dull as other Arona fights

e83f21f18c6ee3f33b7bcb4941208f75.gif

images
images

tumblr_n4ovcvOF4Z1qaa8d1o10_250.gifv

MlDG.gif

UFC172-JonesXTeixeira-R5b-SpinElbow-400-sg.gif

images

you may not like him as a person, but this man talent is unrealistic he made Glover a true monster looks like a helpless baby against him.

<JonesLaugh><JonesLaugh>

e83f21f18c6ee3f33b7bcb4941208f75.gif

images
images

tumblr_n4ovcvOF4Z1qaa8d1o10_250.gifv

MlDG.gif

UFC172-JonesXTeixeira-R5b-SpinElbow-400-sg.gif

images

you may not like him as a person, but this man talent is unrealistic he made Glover a true monster looks like a helpless baby against him.

<JonesLaugh><JonesLaugh>
Glover clearly got better as he was also losing to fighters like Phil Davis and many other people right after that.

If Jones fans are desperate to use this as a criteria then they already lost.

Not even mention Glover recently finished the guy (Santos) that Jones couldn't finish, Jones only won via SPLIT decision against Santos.

Glover definitely performed far better than Jones against Santos.

Last edited:
He came into the UFC as Liddell's training partner, to get revenge against Quinton. And then he was the hope of the world against Jones, but he was a small LHW with no reach. Could Forrest beat him? Maybe he can pick him apart, but he can't KO him. Glover's been KO'd a lot but he's still got a good chin and won't lose to someone with pillow hands

I'm going with Fedor. 31-1 at one point with the 1 being as suspect as they come. This was against mixed competition, but dominance against all comers- top to bottom- must be valued and respected. Especially in a division where one clean shot is likely to end your night.

Voted for Silva. Jones, Fedor, and GSP were all comparably dominant, but Silva would literally clown his competition and make them look like scrubs until the Weidman fight. He even moved up weight classes and wrecked.

I still think GSP lost to Hendricks and Jones lost to Gustafson.

Voted for Silva. Jones, Fedor, and GSP were all comparably dominant, but Silva would literally clown his competition and make them look like scrubs until the Weidman fight. He even moved up weight classes and wrecked.

I still think GSP lost to Hendricks and Jones lost to Gustafson.
Anderson is a proven juice monster though.

Let's do another GOAT poll and see if we can topple GSP from the number 1 spot.

Another make believe thread.

The MMA GOAT can only be a HW champ.

This is not boxing. Boxing takes more skill so it makes sense to compare skills between weight classes.

This is fighting fighting.

The GOAT is 100% Fedor. And after Fedor it's not GSP or Anderson, it's someone like Big Nog, or Werdum or Cain.

GSP is the WW GOAT without a question. MM is the flyweight GOAT, Aldo is the FW GOAT, LW, MW and LHW are up for grabs, although DC is probably the LHW GOAT, and a strong contender at HW too.

Anderson and Jones just the GOAT cheaters, and that's not a cute nickname, they are the actual GOAT cheaters. Anderson is only second to Jones, and Jones is second to none.
"Can only be a hw champ."...wtf? Here's someone who fought against all weights before weight classes were a thing...Royce Gracie. He's done as much as any of these guys ever did and more than some of them... people tend to overlook champions from the past unfortunately. Another champion that could be possibly considered is Dan the beast Severn. ....

I'll repeat myself:

GSP is the GOAT,

26-2 in MMA, 20-2 in the UFC,
Avenged both loses,
Holds record for the most UFC title wins (13),
Tied first for the most UFC title fights (15),
Tied second for the most UFC wins (20),
Tied third for the most consecutive UFC title defenses (9),
Most UFC title defenses in Welter Weight history (9),
Two division champion,
Did not lose a round between 2007 (Matt Serra) and 2011 (Jake Shields),
Second for the most consecutive rounds won (33),
Won first belt in 2006, last belt in 2018, on top for 12 years,
Never failed a drug test.
Retired on top.

Want more?

Most wins by 50-45 decisions in UFC history (12)
Most takedowns landed in UFC History (90)
Most strikes landed in UFC history (2591)
Most sig. strikes landed in UFC WW History (1254)
3rd highest Sig. Strikes defense in UFC history (73.1%)
3rd highest TD accuracy in UFC History (73.8%) - 1st among wrestlers since the two in front of him are strikers (Robbie and Taleb)

Anyone who disagrees with GSP being the GOAT, disagrees with facts.
I love how every stat you claim is "in UFC history"? Newsflash, half of those stats weren't even tracked when the ufc originated 25+ years ago. That meaning any fighters back then stats weren't taken into account therefore none of these are legitimately "in ufc history" sorry to burst your bubble....

Mods, there is a typo in the poll !

It's Tim Sylvia not Tim Silva. And that shit must be broke because he is not 1st

I can only see GSP as winning again. Usman and Khabib steal votes from Fedor Silva and Jones.

Usman doesnt steal nothing from nobody in the p4p GOAT convo.
GSP would win a sherdog poll again of course, but not like sherbros are such a great sample lol

Reactions: DS7
1-Jon Jones
2-Anderson Silva
3-Demetrious Johnson
4-Georges St-Pierre
5-Fedor Emelianenko
6-José Aldo
7-Khabib Nurmagomedov
8-Daniel Cormier
9-BJ Penn
10-I guess Dan Henderson or Dominick Cruz idk.

1-Jon Jones
2-Anderson Silva
3-Demetrious Johnson
4-Georges St-Pierre
5-Fedor Emelianenko
6-José Aldo
7-Khabib Nurmagomedov
8-Daniel Cormier
9-BJ Penn
10-I guess Dan Henderson or Dominick Cruz idk.
Lolz at having mighty mouse above gsp and Fedor. And I'm a MM fan.

Just no.

Back