All Time GOAT poll

Both guys are in their mid 40's still competing with young hungrier lions. Fedor in mma, Anderson not only in mma but in boxing as well. THey never took safe fights. They never said no regardless of the risk based on name of the opponent. They didnt wait 4 years to cherry pick a 40 year old guy with one eye and a foot out the door. They have given us courageous performances and in Fedors case, amazing wins against big names.

Anderson just went into boxing and handily beat a guy 12 years younger than him who was a former world champ.

Bones is the greatest talent but his story is complicated with peds and out of the cage bs. He may be the greatest of them all when its all said and done, but right now I just dont see how anyone would choose Aldo, Cejudo or a guy like gsp who fought the weakest competition out of any long term champ, never finished a fight and ducked two divisions while retiring at 29.

if you dont respect Anderson and Fedor there is something seriously wrong with you. I would love to see what some of you will be doing at 46 years old. These guys are fighting killers and winning.

One loses to MW's and HW journeymen the other is a PED abuser

The GOAT is GSP and don't get it twisted

There are plenty of fighters in lighter weightclass with elite TDD and striking skills clearly superior than the very basic boxing of GSP yet I dont see you around throwing that stupid, simpleton theory that you use to discredit Anderson. Let alone Fedor and the skils in the HW division compared to Flyweight.
It's just stupid as fuck, cowardly biased to discredit a single fighter, and just all around embarrassing to spit such a theory in a forum. There is a reason why you have never heard nor you will ever hear any fellow fighter/coach saying such a simpleton, stupid take.
  • I think it is a mistake to underrate GSP's striking just based on the fact that it's incredibly simple in principle, as he used striking and wrestling intertwined in a super methodic way. That said, who knows, maybe you are right that there are guys who'd beat a prime Georges St-Pierre who was their size? It's not like i wouldn't be able to admit that, it is just that i am not sure of it, maybe just not yet.
  • With Fedor it depends to a great lot on which version of him we're talking about, i think you, like most others who have watched him, are aware, that he wasn't nearly as good as he used to be, once he started head hunting, instead of mixing striking and grappling up so well. Age and wear and tear, is - of course - a factor too.
  • Like i said, i didn't mean to discredit Silva, but i will admit that i knew that this initial post of mine would be seen as provocative. Personally i have thus far used "greatest of all time" and "best of all time" synonymously and this is alway pound-for-pound for me too, which is why i just disagree with putting Anderson Silva as high on the GOAT-list as you might do and i don't see what is supposed to be wrong with it, as just because i don't rate Silva as highly as you do on this list, it doesn't mean that i don't have a ton of respect for him.
  • For me, the best fighter is one who'd be able to deal well with any kind of match up, which is why unless someone like Aldo comes around and is even better on the feet, a striker is unlikely to fit my criteria for being the best fighter/greatest fighter of all time under my current criteria. IIRC, you once said Silva deserves to be higher on the GOAT-list than GSP, because Silva is the more lethal finisher and finishing is what fighting is about, is that correct? If it is and i adapt similar (not the *exact* same !) criteria, than i don't see why a wrestler (let's say Khabib) who's able to take anyone down and smash him to bits and/or submit him, should not be placed higher, provided he is as dominant against equal or better opponents, as i'd favor that wrestler to beat a guy that is basically a clone of prime Silva.
  • Last but not least: you won't hear many hot takes from coaches and fighters, because of the fact that we're all victims of nostalgia biases and tend to not want the "new guys" to be better than the "old guys". The more popular and in the public a person is, the more extreme this phenomenon gets, in my opinion. In football (soccer), modern non-pro-teams would steamroll the world's best teams from let's say 1960, but you won't hear anyone publicly proclaiming this, because a) nostalgia bias is a thing and b) if you always hear about the legends from back in the day, it will inevitably feel disrespectful and wrong to you to compare a modern non-pro-team to them.
Hope this helps man.

Can a mod do TS a favor and update his username?

Then again in another couple years.

All that discussion wasn't helpful in 2009. But he's got it figured out now.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder why Fedor's admirers could never come up with a coherent argument. It's always either pure emotion or just blatant lies.
That's ironic, considering the drivel you just blabbed lmao.

Fedor critics are legitimately too stupid to put a coherent thought together that isn't easy to blow apart.

Demetrious Johnson probably has a better case than either of these guys as well, in my opinion.

DJ's competition is laughable compared to Fedor AND Anderoids.

Jones is the one true GOAT.

GSP tapped to strikes and lost in his Prime.

GOATS DON’T TAP TO STRIKES

Fedor didn’t fight the best half the time and there was no testing in Pride…so he should automatically be disqualified if you’re going on past pops and drug records

This might be the stupidest fucking post of all time LOL.

So let me get this right- Jones is the GOAT, despite being one of the dirtiest PED cheats ever.

Fedor is not....while never failing a test, and fighting on an even playing field his entire career, something Jones the cheater has never done?

I hope you never attended a higher institution, because its credentials should be revoked from failing to instill basic critical thinking and logic in your head.

DJ's competition is laughable compared to Fedor AND Anderoids.
Henry Cejudo, who DJ TKOed once and actually should have been given the W against in their second fight > than *anyone* on the resume of Fedor and Silva.

Also, even aside from Cejudo, that claim is BS.

Anyone who unironically is saying that DJ fought laughable competiton and/or worse competition than Anderson Silva and Fedor, is horrendously blinded by nostalgia and marketing.

Henry Cejudo, who DJ TKOed once and actually should have been given the W against in their second fight > than *anyone* on the resume of Fedor and Silva.

Also, even aside from Cejudo, that claim is BS.

Anyone who unironically is saying that DJ fought laughable competiton and/or worse competition than Anderson Silva and Fedor, is horrendously blinded by nostalgia and marketing.

LOl Cejudo is one of the most oevvrated fighters of ALL time.
Noguiera is a far, far more proven fighter and ATG. Hell, Anderson and Fedor have beaten dozens of fighters who actually have more than like 3-4 top 10 wins, like that overrated midget.

Two midget class belts <<<<< fighting as a small HW and Anderoid having top 10 wins in multiple weight categories too.

Typical new fan delusions, overrating some manlet with one of the weakest resumes of all time.

The only point you made that makes sense is yes, DJ should have beaten Cejudo twice....which just further exposes Cejudo's resume as weak as hell.

Khabib is more GOAT worthy than DJ and Cejudo.

When talking about goats it depends if we’re talking about absolutely primes or longevity.
Right now for example volkanovski has a goatish prime 5 fight run.
Mendes - good win
Aldo - great win
Holloway 1 - goatish win
Holloway 2 - great win but close
Ortega - great win

khabibs got:
Barboza - good win
Ragin’ Al - decent win
Conor - great win
Poitier - excellent win
Gaethje - great win

Cejudo ended his career with:
Sergio Pettis - decent win
Might mouse - goatish win (but close)
EPO Dillashaw - excellent win
Moraos - good win
Cruz - excellent win

but Anderson and Fedor were so dominant for so long that they do have some less than deserving fighters mixed in with the best wins.
Still Fedor x2 dominant wins over prime Big Nog is about as impressive as any 2 wins ever.

If there is "Zero Discussion"

Why bring it up on a public forum so people can debate it?

Cool fanboy. But it's your idol who gave credit to BJ as the best fighter he ever met. So grown up and show respect.

And yes, he is a FW moron. Fact
lol the projection in this post. Calling me names like a 12 year old, then saying I need to grow up. These posters are hilarious. Notice I stick to talking about fighters in my post, I have no need to make adolescent personal attacks; that's for the immature and insecure.

You don't need to bother with another infantile response, because you will be on my ignore list with all the other children, and I won't see it.

lol the projection in this post. Calling me names like a 12 year old, then saying I need to grow up. These posters are hilarious. Notice I stick to talking about fighters in my post, I have no need to make adolescent personal attacks; that's for the immature and insecure.

You don't need to bother with another infantile response, because you will be on my ignore list with all the other children, and I won't see it.

A wall of text to say nothing the moron fanboy

The GOAT status is shared between 4 guys, until someone else does enough to join this elite club. Can you just accept this once and for all.

Back