All Time GOAT poll

He’s never been in a boring fight ever. Always comes to fight, and always looks to finish if he can. He doesn’t give a fuck how old he is, how bad his chin is, how big his opponent is…. None of that shot matters. He shows up, comes forays and swings fucking hammers.

As a Fedor fan I think I'd go with the Semmy fight if I had to pick one. Still a great win though, giving up so much size against a kickboxing GOAT. Was great evolution though to watch Fedor at the beginning of Pride. Sweet TDs all around but you could see his GNP game grow from good to GOAT level between Schilt, then Herring, then Nog.

Were his early decision wins vs. Arona and Babalu exciting? Serious question, not a snide remark. I've only watched a little of the Arona fight and none of the Babalu fight. I know Fedor's win vs. Arona has been hotly contested. I also realize Fedor was just starting out and his style evolved a bit.

Last edited:
That's a part of what makes his win streak so impressive. He goes for the kill, at HW no less, and has rarely if ever fought for a decision win. His throw-caution-to-the-wind style should have gotten him beat a lot earlier than it did. But it didn't, because he was just that damn good.

Anderson could've been in this category if he went for the kill in the Cote, Leites and Maia fights. Depending on your taste, the clowning he did in those fights may have been entertaining...but he should've gone into matrix mode by the 2nd round. I have no doubt he could've finished all of those guys if he could finish Hendo, Chael, Franklin, Forrest Griffin, etc. Still, he has a very high "exciting fight" ratio. I haven't seen all of his early fights, but I'd consider all his fights between Lee Murray and Bonnar (and even some later ones) exciting except for those 3. So that's like 85% of his fights in that period.

There are plenty of fighters in lighter weightclass with elite TDD and striking skills clearly superior than the very basic boxing of GSP yet I dont see you around throwing that stupid, simpleton theory that you use to discredit Anderson. Let alone Fedor and the skils in the HW division compared to Flyweight.
It's just stupid as fuck, cowardly biased to discredit a single fighter, and just all around embarrassing to spit such a theory in a forum. There is a reason why you have never heard nor you will ever hear any fellow fighter/coach saying such a simpleton, stupid take.
I will answer you in detail later, but one thing i can already tell you: i'm more critical of St-Pierre than you might think and i can also promise you that i did *not* make that initial point to shit on Anderson at all, as unlikely as that might seem to you (and possibly others who read that post as well).

Thanks for proving my point. Any unbiased fan with a brain got it. Thanks

Huh? Just because you say Penn was a FW doesn't make it true. He was never outsized at LW and he never won at FW.

Oh and are you scared to mention how you scored the fight for GSP vs Penn 1?

St Pierre. Cleaned out his division several times... Then moved up and beat a guy with the most UFC wins to be 185 champ... Champ-Champ... GOAT... #Hespect
GSP is the most accomplished. But other fighters took bigger risks during the course of their career plus had a finishing mentality so those fighters will be looked at greater by people. Just like Ali, he had losses but is still considered the GOAT. Bur records and accomplishments yes GSP is at the top and his accomplishments are going to be hard to beat. Jones is currently attempting to do it, we'll see how that plays out.

I'll repeat myself:

GSP is the GOAT,

26-2 in MMA, 20-2 in the UFC,
Avenged both loses,
Holds record for the most UFC title wins (13),
Tied first for the most UFC title fights (15),
Tied second for the most UFC wins (20),
Tied third for the most consecutive UFC title defenses (9),
Most UFC title defenses in Welter Weight history (9),
Two division champion,
Did not lose a round between 2007 (Matt Serra) and 2011 (Jake Shields),
Second for the most consecutive rounds won (33),
Won first belt in 2006, last belt in 2018, on top for 12 years,
Never failed a drug test.
Retired on top.

Want more?

Most wins by 50-45 decisions in UFC history (12)
Most takedowns landed in UFC History (90)
Most strikes landed in UFC history (2591)
Most sig. strikes landed in UFC WW History (1254)
3rd highest Sig. Strikes defense in UFC history (73.1%)
3rd highest TD accuracy in UFC History (73.8%) - 1st among wrestlers since the two in front of him are strikers (Robbie and Taleb)

Anyone who disagrees with GSP being the GOAT, disagrees with facts.
Couldn't finish Dan Hardy

If there's no discussion......why did you start a thread to discuss it?

Back