All the talk about Conor's Godly power

I don't blame him for doing this though. His previous fight, his UFC debut, only lasted just over a minute so he wanted to show off more of his game. He said that several times prior to fighting Holloway. I'd love to see a rematch only this time I doubt McGregor will let him off the hook, let alone multiple times.

McGregor will never fight Holloway again. I love Conor, but you're taking fanboy to a whole new level.

McGregor will never fight Holloway again. I love Conor, but you're taking fanboy to a whole new level.

Why not? Plenty of people would be interested in a potential rematch down the line. I'm taking fanboy to a new level for wanting to see a rematch? He's the only guy that's ever survived Conor's power, regardless of why or how that may've happened.

Yet he hits Holloway at will but Max takes his best punches. He got beaten but not broken. Holloway has a hell of a chin but Conor does not have LHW power like his coach says.

The thing is,Holloway didnt get paid to go down like Brandao and Poirier.

Last edited:
So you're saying he doesn't have ungodly ko power when his acl is torn? If I'm not mistaken power comes from the legs on up (and I'm not mistaken)

You understand that Conor was concentrated on volume more than finding that one big punch in their fight, right? Holloway had the second highest workrate in the UFC, next to Cain, and McGregor outpaced him in that fight. Add to that his torn ACL, torn MCL and sprained Meniscus that he sustained in the fight (we don't know exactly when he tore his MCL and sprained his Meniscus but we know when he tore his ACL) and it isn't shocking that he wasn't able to finish him. And yes, Max has an excellent chin, which isn't surprising given that he's Hawaiian.

Only on Sherdog can a guy completely blow out his knee and work his volume in the only fight of his career that he wasn't able to finish, with all but a few in the very 1st round, be criticized for having overrated power. :rolleyes:

wow, didnt you know

hendricks and lawler didnt finish all their fights, they got shit power too

oh, dont you forget about hendo, mark hunt and manhoef, they have overrated power too

wow, didnt you know

hendricks and lawler didnt finish all their fights, they got shit power too

oh, dont you forget about hendo, mark hunt and manhoef, they have overrated power too

LOL. No doubt. They're such 'pillow-handed' punchers.

So you're saying he doesn't have ungodly ko power when his acl is torn? If I'm not mistaken power comes from the legs on up (and I'm not mistaken)

Yep, power comes from the ground through the legs first, wraps at the waist and up through the core. Having a blown out knee would definitely affect punching power. His ACL was torn and his MCL was also torn along with a sprained Meniscus. The ACL tear happened mid-second round but we don't know when he tore his MCL and sprained his Meniscus, though it's likely he did all of this at the same time that he tore his ACL. It could've been earlier than this though.

Power to spare. Dude puts everybodys lights out.

Remember that one time he didnt get the ko but tore his knee in half? Pfft...what power?

Back