All the talk about Conor's Godly power

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yet he hits Holloway at will but Max takes his best punches. He got beaten but not broken. Holloway has a hell of a chin but Conor does not have LHW power like his coach says.

He broke Holloway in the first exchange. It was sad to watch. I love Holloway, but felt bad for him. He was broke the first time he felt that power.

Also, Conor broke Max's foot on a check and embarrassed him with a tone ACL.

He also broke Poirier. Brandoa quit too. McGregor's power is for real. What does he have, 14 KO's on 16 wins? Keep trying.

Yet he hits Holloway at will but Max takes his best punches. He got beaten but not broken. Holloway has a hell of a chin but Conor does not have LHW power like his coach says.

You understand that Conor was concentrated on volume more than finding that one big punch in their fight, right? Holloway had the second highest workrate in the UFC, next to Cain, and McGregor outpaced him in that fight. Add to that his torn ACL, torn MCL and sprained Meniscus that he sustained in the fight (we don't know exactly when he tore his MCL and sprained his Meniscus but we know when he tore his ACL) and it isn't shocking that he wasn't able to finish him. And yes, Max has an excellent chin, which isn't surprising given that he's Hawaiian.

Only on Sherdog can a guy completely blow out his knee and work his volume in the only fight of his career that he wasn't able to finish, with all but a few in the very 1st round, be criticized for having overrated power. :rolleyes:

Yeah, let's discredit someones punching by pointing out that this one time he didn't finish someone...

McGregor's power comes from his speed. He moves like he is in the matrix or something. Watching his highlights in real time, is crazy, if you blink, you miss it.

I actually thin the Holloway fight was the best demonstration of Conor's power. Max is game as hell and he straight up quit once he tasted it.

Max is a tough dude but he wss running the whole time and Conor was just waiting for him to make a mistake and he would have put him away

but hen he blew his knee

That fight kinda reminded me of the Conor v Buchingar fight

Conor was just having fun , always in control and he was just waiting on Max to do something silly and he would have finished the fight

Conor won't starch anybody. People get starched from punches they don't see coming. Conor can't starch people because they don't fight back. They feel the power and run. They don't want to exchange.

He broke Holloway in the first exchange. It was sad to watch. I love Holloway, but felt bad for him. He was broke the first time he felt that power.

Also, Conor broke Max's foot on a check and embarrassed him with a tone ACL.

Holloway's foot was badly broken too...was swollen to hell.

So I'm not sure how you could say that Holloway was broken mentally to be able to finish the fight with that...he may knew he probably wasn't going to win and didn't want to get KO'd but that's not the same as being broken imo...he hobbled around the ring with that foot to finish the fight. Broken would have been pulling a Brian Bowles and quitting on his stool.

So I'm not sure how you could say that Holloway was broken mentally to be able to finish the fight with that...he may knew he probably wasn't going to win and didn't want to get KO'd but that's not the same as being broken imo...he hobbled around the ring with that foot to finish the fight. Broken would have been pulling a Brian Bowles and quitting on his stool.

Max's foot was not badly broken, it was broken. If you want to see a bad break then look at Aldo's foot against KZ.

max holloway is one of the better guys in the division and he was rendered pretty much useless in that fight by a superior striker

no mcgregor does not have instant kill punching but that does not take away from his observable finishing ability. not destroying every opponent you've ever landed on does not mean you're not a powerful striker

TS, you're taking his coach's words literally when he's clearly just trying to hype his student's power by comparing it to a Light Heavyweight's. Though it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Conor hits as hard as some Welterweights. I'd say Lightweights but Conor is already naturally a Lightweight.

flamingtext_com_MDYwNTI5MTQ4NzU0.jpg

Finish the fight? Dude, Max was absolutely bored when he felt that power. He was wincing from feints. It was sad. Also, Conor broke his foot. Watch that first round again. McGregor checked almost all those leg kicks, broke Max's foot and counterpunched his ass into oblivion. It's one of the most one sided fights I've seen. I actually thought Conor felt sorry for him.

Finish the fight? Dude, Max was absolutely bored when he felt that power. He was wincing from feints. It was sad. Also, Conor broke his foot. Watch that first round again. McGregor checked almost all those leg kicks, broke Max's foot and counterpunched his ass into oblivion. It's one of the most one sided fights I've seen. I actually thought Conor felt sorry for him.

Lol.'i can't edit. Max was broken.

I also think Max will become a huge force at that weight. The UFC fucked him by putting him in the cage with an elite fighter at that young of age.

I've said it before and another poster just did as well. Conor was showing off in that fight a lot and having fun as one poster put it. He was not just throwing hook kicks to his legs but spinning hook kicks. That isn't trying to finish the fight by any means, it's showing off. If you compare the Conor that fought Holloway to the one that fought Brandao and Poirier it's easy to see the difference in workrate/pace. Against Brandao and Poirier he looked to put them away right away where against Holloway he wanted to beat him up and put on a show before doing that. The difference in volume between the Holloway fight (to match and exceed Holloway's own high workrate) and Conor's other fights in the UFC is staggering.

I seriously think Holloway was the only opponent Conor actually liked and respected. He could have finished that fight multiple times, but treated it like a sparring session.

I seriously think Holloway was the only opponent Conor actually liked and respected. He could have finished that fight multiple times, but treated it like a sparring session.

I don't blame him for doing this though. His previous fight, his UFC debut, only lasted just over a minute so he wanted to show off more of his game. He said that several times prior to fighting Holloway. I'd love to see a rematch only this time I doubt McGregor will let him off the hook, let alone multiple times.

Back