All of a sudden Izzy is ready?

Shut up dummy. Go read all my posts before you butt in. I said he was undersized fighting heavyweights already.
I don't need to read your obtuse posts. I just want to know what your dumbass was thinking to even broach the subject of him debuting at 205.

Yup, GSP was as cowardly, take on an inferior champ? Where is the honor in that?
What is this inferior Champ bullcrap. Jan was supposed to fight Jones, Jones vacated the belt without a HW bout agreed, no opponent. Then Jan KOd the man most people believe beat Jones.

Why do you fight fans go out of your way to be disrespectful

I think Israel is a fighter that can make Jon's look really good because as you said Jon can contend with Israel standing wise, however, grappling wrestler will substantially favor Jon who out wrestled Daniel Cormier. Its not just the strength advantage that Jon will have in terms of grappling, but also this in combination with his grappling skills and IQ that will take Israel in to situations I think he will not be able to deal with very well. Israel has a shot if he can remain competitive grappling with Jon for the duration of the match and I don't see that happening. I see him getting worn down, in the clinch, against the cage and when he gets taken down to the ground. Looking forward to the fight though.

I’m not debating about the obvious wrestling advantage that Jon will have in this fight. It remains to be seen if he’s still capable of dominating a fight from a grappling perspective cause that hasn’t been the case for some time now. That being said, I’ll still give you that.

Howver it’s a bit insulting to Izzy to think that Jon could contend on the feet. Jon’s never faced anyone the caliber of Izzy in striking. To think so is to severely underrate Izzy striking and overrate Jons striking.

Jon should still be the favorite no question...but he going to sleep if he tries to play this game of “beating the opponent at what he does best”. This isn’t Tiago or Reyes. Jon is crazy to think he can stand and being the high iq fighter he is, I’m sure he knows better.

What is this inferior Champ bullcrap. Jan was supposed to fight Jones, Jones vacated the belt without a HW bout agreed, no opponent. Then Jan KOd the man most people believe beat Jones.

Why do you fight fans go out of your way to be disrespectful
Disrespectful? Why don't u get simple logic ?
JONES WOULD HAVE NOT VACATED IF THERE WAS A DEAL IN THE MAKING WITH IZZY.

Everything else played out because that deal didn't happen.

Think you're overestimating Jan's drawing power a bit here, the numbers would be closer than you think imo. Whittaker has clearly said he only wants the Adesanya fight next, he's simply not going to be ready before March given the upcoming birth of his child. As usual you should remember the golden rule concerning Dana;
9R_Y5t8s3lfLXuyKOfsS3yzkLI1xkKIzQTdnDRuyvAM.jpg
Well people want to see Izzy and I don't see how this fight doesn't do much better numbers than a Whittaker rematch. You would struggle to convince me otherwise.

It's cute that Rob wants to prepare for his child but how in God's name do you even sell that fight to the casuals?

It makes zero sense for Izzy to wait on Whittaker with a chance for the LHW. If you were his advisers you wouldn't tell him to wait on Whittaker

Well people want to see Izzy and I don't see how this fight doesn't do much better numbers than a Whittaker rematch. You would struggle to convince me otherwise.

It's cute that Rob wants to prepare for his child but how in God's name do you even sell that fight to the casuals?

It makes zero sense for Izzy to wait on Whittaker with a chance for the LHW. If you were his advisers you wouldn't tell him to wait on Whittaker
How do you sell the LHW division as a whole knowing full well should Jones come back he'd be the unbeaten champ? Again you're overselling Jan as a draw, he's an unknown amongst casuals beyond the fact he's the guy holding Jones belt.

Disrespectful? Why don't u get simple logic ?
JONES WOULD HAVE NOT VACATED IF THERE WAS A DEAL IN THE MAKING WITH IZZY.

Everything else played out because that deal didn't happen.
The man gave you a date and time, he had a fight lined up. You don't expect deals to be made on the next fight when the other fight hasn't been concluded yet. It's not done anywhere.

He vacated a full month before Izzy even fought Costa. Why the fuq did he do that? What if Izzy lost, does that fight still get made.

Does Jones jump to HW make any fuckin sense to you right now? As it stands he has no fights lined up, If Ngannou claps Stipe there's reason to believe people want to see a trilogy so where does that leave Jon? Will he fight a Derrick Lewis or Curtis Blaydes? He had no reason vacating the belt with no concrete plan or fights lined up at HW. That's not on Izzy

How do you sell the LHW division as a whole knowing full well should Jones come back he'd be the unbeaten champ? Again you're overselling Jan as a draw, he's an unknown amongst casuals beyond the fact he's the guy holding Jones belt.
This is why we all need Izzy to beat Jan. If he does Jones has no reason to not come back if only to take care of Izzy and regain his belt and he could either vacate again or take it to HW and try to be a Champ.

Jones is not getting any title shot yet barring an injury to Stipe or Francis

The fight will do numbers off the back of Izzy alone. It's not rocket science

Last edited:
i don't know how people can hate Adesanya so much. he's one of the most exciting fighters to come along, and he's actually a legitimate champion level fighter, unlike a lot of the newer guys.

he's not ducking Jones, Jones is a GOAT and is a completely different fighter from Jan. Jan's style plays more into Izzy's strengths, for Jones however he'd need to tweak and apply a specific strategy and tactics for him.

Jon Jones talked shit about Stipe months ago and i don't see anywhere where he's booked to move to HW vs ANYONE let alone Stipe. Jones left LHW to duck the guy Jan just destroyed, and now Izzy wants to fight Jan. it only makes Izzy look stronger if he beats Jan. it adds even more hype for the Jones fight because now there's a clear narrative of how Izzy beat the man who beat the man who forced Jon Jones to run away from the division.

BTW, when I say weak ass or cowardly , obviously its not about being scared of the ass kicking so much as it is about losing and the legacy.

Most of these guys want to move up to capture two belts to cement their legacy, so they do it carefully to ensure they get the W. WHICH is fine but at least admit it , don't go around acting all tough, provoking a guy that you know can really humiliate you.

He did still have business at MW. Would have been fucked up if he jumped ship before Costa got his shot.

Frankly all anyone does is complain about guys winning belts and immediately jumping up, him defending it for a few times before moving up isnt a problem.

Jones is the one who gave the belt up, if Jones were still champ I'm sure they'd be fighting next.

The ENTIRE division? Now beating Costa is beating "the entire division"? Ah, yeah, sure...
<YeahOKJen>

I want to live to see this kind of delusion happening...
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Jones doesn't need Israel, Israel is the one who needs Jones. He called out Jones first. He makes a move if he REALLY wants to fight Jones, not the opposite - once Jones is bulking to HW to make history there and he already made history at LHW, not making any sense to go back just to fight Israel.

But, of course, knowing that Jones will never come back after bulking an HW body and fighting and beating the best there - Ngannou or Stipe -, IF Israel beat Jan he will capitalize on that and call out Jones just to be a troll - the famous dog barking with a dog collar. "Is normal".

Jones vs Israel at LHW will only happen IF Jones loses at HW. Mark my words. Because if he wins, he will stay there 100%.
What is he bulking for? This man walks around at 220 or 230? He's 6'5 and hugeee. Izzy is moving up to LHW with little to no fanfare, we saw OSP and Gustafsson do it.

Why does Jones need 6 months to bulk up? When he's arguably the biggest LHW in the history of the division

There is no guarantee Jones beats either Stipe or Ngannou and if he does good luck to him. I don't like his odds vs either of them but that's argument for another day.

Jones had no reason to vacate the LHW title with no fight at HW lined up for him. He is not willing to fight anyone who doesn't have the belt knowing fully well Ngannou gets the shot first so what was the point of moving up if not bad decision making by Jones as usual?

He literally said for 2 years he would move up 2021.

He and Jones had an argument last month and Izzy said he was moving up in 2021

Pay attention or don't make threads
I sometimes wonder if there are any fans on sherdog as none of them keep up with news

Yup, GSP was as cowardly, take on an inferior champ? Where is the honor in that?

It's still a harder fight then anyone at MW let's be real.

Whittaker 2? I love Whittaker but I can't pretend that fight was close

Costa? Romero? Gastelum?

Till needs a big win to get a shot , same as cannoneir now, so I think it's the right move

GSP though, retiring and unretiring is a bit ..

In case you didn't notice the post you quoted of mine was about Yoel
{<BJPeen}

Huh? Since when has the sog ever had a tittie? Use your head alittle unless youve been under a rock and havnt seen the last izzy fight

So what. GSP woke up when Bisping was champ. Moving up still a challenge even if it is not a GOAT holding the belt. Jan packs power and has a solid chin. Izzy has the skills, size wise in LHW range so if he can pack on some mass should not be outsized. JBJ would be harder likewise with DC but Jan still more of a challenge than anyone at MW. Glad they r doing it.

Back