All of a sudden Izzy is ready?

GSP level of opportunism

Get ready for another 'two division champion'
Jan is no Michael Bisping. Jan worked his way up to the top and beat everyone in front of him and Jan called out Jones as soon as he beat Rockhold. So GSP waiting for 4 years for a Michael Bisping who won the belt as a short notice substitute for Romero is way more opportunistic and weak looking. Especially when he vacated The belt immediately which I think Izzy will try and defend.

Huh? Since when has the sog ever had a tittie? Use your head alittle unless youve been under a rock and havnt seen the last izzy fight

Ah I don't know why but I thought it was about Yoel, no idea why.. sorry my bad.

I sometimes wonder if there are any fans on sherdog as none of them keep up with news
There are 12 months in the year, I wonder if people on sherdog have any analytical reasoning skills.

Again nothing from Jon's last two fights suggest he is that same guy wrestling wise that can take Izzy down and keep him there. There's been a significant dropoff of Jon from the DC fights to now. He's a lot slower and not as explosive. And if he keeps shooting and missing it could hurt his gas tank late in fights (not that Jones has ever had a gas tank problem tbf)

Izzy has the speed to stay out of harm's way. He's quicker than anybody Jon's ever fought. I still think the standing and kicking abilities of Jon is still his best route to victory. The teep kicks, the oblique kicks. Those are his best weapons in neutralizing and weakening Izzy just due to his sheer size.
I agree with Jones' wrestling game also diminishing. Everyone points out that he's slower, but they mostly look at his striking, it isn't just his striking, it's his wrestling as well. Like you said, he isn't as explosive anymore and his takedowns are easier to defend now. We saw it against a one legged Santos and against Reyes for the most part, yes he got him down, but that was a fatigued Reyes who has never been in a 5 round fight, and he was taken down in the 4th, but popped right back up. Izzy has better cardio, manages distance better, and uses his hips real well to avoid takedowns.

Last edited:
I agree with Jones' wrestling game also diminishing. Everyone points out that he's slower, but they mostly look at his striking, it isn't just his striking, it's his wrestling as well. Like you said, he isn't as explosive anymore and his takedowns are easier to defend now. We saw it against a one legged Santos and against Reyes for the most part, yes he got him down, but that was a fatigued Reyes who has never been in a 5 round fight, and he was taken down in the 4th, but popped right back up. Izzy has better cardio, manages distance better, and uses his hips real well to avoid takedowns.

This.

It’s indisputable to state that Jon hasn’t lost more then a step. You can attribute that to whatever you want, age, competition catching up, trying to preserve record/fighting cautiously, lack of Peds or whatever...Bottom line is Jon isn’t the same guy that was blitzing through the LHW division anymore.

Like you said, it’s the wrestling/grappling where I’ve seen the biggest drop. He isn’t dynamic anymore with his takedowns/shoots.

Jan is no Michael Bisping. Jan worked his way up to the top and beat everyone in front of him and Jan called out Jones as soon as he beat Rockhold. So GSP waiting for 4 years for a Michael Bisping who won the belt as a short notice substitute for Romero is way more opportunistic and weak looking. Especially when he vacated The belt immediately which I think Izzy will try and defend.
Thats true. There really is no comparison and I don't think we will ever see anything like GSP Bisping again.
UFC desperately wanted to have GSP headline again so they let bisping get away with unbelievable amounts of ducking because they knew that was the only name GSP would fight.
Jan is more legitimate in every way. Let's not forget there was a fucking interim MW champion (who everyone considered to be the real, even bisping threw his belt down at Rob as a wink and a nod) at the time bisping and gsp were finally ready to fight.

Thats true. There really is no comparison and I don't think we will ever see anything like GSP Bisping again.
UFC desperately wanted to have GSP headline again so they let bisping get away with unbelievable amounts of ducking because they knew that was the only name GSP would fight.
Jan is more legitimate in every way. Let's not forget there was a fucking interim MW champion (who everyone considered to be the real, even bisping threw his belt down at Rob as a wink and a nod) at the time bisping and gsp were finally ready to fight.
. The last part you mentioned is one of the biggest bullshit things about it. There is a legitimate, healthy and ready to fight interim champion Robert Whittaker but UFC $$$ wants to wait for GSP and GSP agrees to defend the belt if he wins...

A big fuck you to Romero, Whittaker, Jacare, Mousasi, Rockhold, Weidman etc...

Bs. After all the smack talk he needs jones, fighting jan makes him look like a scared bitch and I like Izzy.
lol I love when sherdoggers refer to an undefeated champ as looking like a scared bitch~ never change sherdog

Back