• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

All of a sudden Izzy is ready?

The guy had a tittie on his right peck
Yoel did?
{<huh}
giphy.gif

Izzy has always said he wanted to fight Jones on International Fight Week in 2021 at Allegiant Stadium. Now he's potentially one more fight away from setting that up, yet you morons still think he's "ducking"? Is 8 months away really that long? How long ago was Jones last fight again?

Jon would be the favorite going into this fight, but thinking Izzy doesn't have a shot is naïve. Bones just hasn't been the same since he got off the juice, not nearly as dominant.

He cancels out most of Izzy's advantages (reach) as he's not necessarily an elite striker but he's good enough to stand and trade with Izzy in the kicking department. He's not nearly as strong (his lifting videos might show otherwise) but in fights we know these things don't necessarily translate

I also have Jon winning but not nearly as convincingly. Maybe a UD

I think Israel is a fighter that can make Jon's look really good because as you said Jon can contend with Israel standing wise, however, grappling wrestler will substantially favor Jon who out wrestled Daniel Cormier. Its not just the strength advantage that Jon will have in terms of grappling, but also this in combination with his grappling skills and IQ that will take Israel in to situations I think he will not be able to deal with very well. Israel has a shot if he can remain competitive grappling with Jon for the duration of the match and I don't see that happening. I see him getting worn down, in the clinch, against the cage and when he gets taken down to the ground. Looking forward to the fight though.

well, he had business, Paolo Costa, now that he beat him he can move up... its not like Jones retired yesterday and Izzy challenged Jan the next day... wtf for a thread is this?

Izzy is the Champ. Why should they fight on Rob's clock?

Rob being non-commital about fighting Izzy next is why the Jan fight is in the works in the first place. Rob beat Cannonier and instead of aggressively calling out Izzy for a rematch was busy talking about how he wants to spend time with his family (I respect that)

But understand the UFC train moves fast and waits for no one
It's not just the Reaper, Glover and Santos are fighting what this weekend? That for all intensive purposes is a number one contender fight, now should Jan/Adesanya happen in March and as I said previously either fighter takes any damage the next title fight in either division is what July/August at the absolute earliest. If Adesanya wins and becomes double champ is he obliged to face the MW contender first or the LHW contender?

Canonier was his last defense. Honestly what else is there for him at MW? He's cleared out enough for the moment.

Izzy has always said he wanted to fight Jones on International Fight Week in 2021 at Allegiant Stadium. Now he's potentially one more fight away from setting that up, yet you morons still think he's "ducking"? Is 8 months away really that long? How long ago was Jones last fight again?
Crackheads really. Sherbros think it's a bar fight and you must fight the minute you call someone out. He even gave a date. And had the Costa fight lined up for September. How was he to know Jon was going to drop his belt?

Since Jones has dropped his belt why should Izzy pass on the chance to fight for it?

It's not just the Reaper, Glover and Santos are fighting what this weekend? That for all intensive purposes is a number one contender fight, now should Jan/Adesanya happen in March and as I said previously either fighter takes any damage the next title fight in either division is what July/August at the absolute earliest. If Adesanya wins and becomes double champ is he obliged to face the MW contender first or the LHW contender?
Dude I'm pretty sure Jan would prefer the PPV money that an Izzy fight would bring than facing Grandpa Glover or Thiago Santos.

You heard Dana. If Rob is not chomping at the bits to fight Izzy then what other fight is really there to be made in that division right now? Rob is first in line so if he's willing to wait who do you rush to face Izzy? They wouldn't do the numbers a Izzy vs Jan Champ Champ bout would do

I think Israel is a fighter that can make Jon's look really good because as you said Jon can contend with Israel standing wise, however, grappling wrestler will substantially favor Jon who out wrestled Daniel Cormier. Its not just the strength advantage that Jon will have in terms of grappling, but also this in combination with his grappling skills and IQ that will take Israel in to situations I think he will not be able to deal with very well. Israel has a shot if he can remain competitive grappling with Jon for the duration of the match and I don't see that happening. I see him getting worn down, in the clinch, against the cage and when he gets taken down to the ground. Looking forward to the fight though.
Again nothing from Jon's last two fights suggest he is that same guy wrestling wise that can take Izzy down and keep him there. There's been a significant dropoff of Jon from the DC fights to now. He's a lot slower and not as explosive. And if he keeps shooting and missing it could hurt his gas tank late in fights (not that Jones has ever had a gas tank problem tbf)

Izzy has the speed to stay out of harm's way. He's quicker than anybody Jon's ever fought. I still think the standing and kicking abilities of Jon is still his best route to victory. The teep kicks, the oblique kicks. Those are his best weapons in neutralizing and weakening Izzy just due to his sheer size.

he said he still has business at MW

he did have business at MW called paula costa and now that business of complete so he’s moving up. He told us exactly what he was going to do and now he’s doing exactly what he said he would do... problem?

How does fighting the guy who KTFOed the guy that most people think beat John means you are ducking John?

Dude I'm pretty sure Jan would prefer the PPV money that an Izzy fight would bring than facing Grandpa Glover or Thiago Santos.

You heard Dana. If Rob is not chomping at the bits to fight Izzy then what other fight is really there to be made in that division right now? Rob is first in line so if he's willing to wait who do you rush to face Izzy? They wouldn't do the numbers a Izzy vs Jan Champ Champ bout would do
Think you're overestimating Jan's drawing power a bit here, the numbers would be closer than you think imo. Whittaker has clearly said he only wants the Adesanya fight next, he's simply not going to be ready before March given the upcoming birth of his child. As usual you should remember the golden rule concerning Dana;
9R_Y5t8s3lfLXuyKOfsS3yzkLI1xkKIzQTdnDRuyvAM.jpg

No you just don't listen. Israel said exactly when he would fight Jon.

Besides Jon is/was a GOAT. Jan B isn't but he is the champ. Israel does not need Jon. Jon needs Israel because he is afraid of heavyweight.
this idiot... smh

Bc Jan is champ now and Jones is retired atm dummy?
Jones would have not retired if Izzy was willing to move up, but you dont have the ability to think critically and are doomed to stick to your conviction.

Shut up dummy. Go read all my posts before you butt in. I said he was undersized fighting heavyweights already.
I don't need to read your obtuse posts. I just want to know what your dumbass was thinking to even broach the subject of him debuting at 205.

You mean like how Jones talked about moving up to heavyweight only after Cormier officially retired?
Don't condone that either. Point is if you not man enough to take the CURRENT champ in the higher Weight class , STFU.

Shut up dummy. Go read all my posts before you butt in. I said he was undersized fighting heavyweights already.
I don't need to read your obtuse posts. I just want to know what your dumbass was thinking to even broach the subject of him debuting at 205.

Back