All 3 judges scores , round by round for JJ v Gus

Actually pretty good job by all judges.
Judging has been so poor that i was sure that atleast one of them would have scored the 1st round to Jones.

I thought Gus won but it was very close fight and maybe because Jones didnt dominate I was leaning toward Gus.

I gave first 3 to Gus. Great fight anyway

He was watching a fight where rounds 2 and 3 were close. The other scorecards suggest as much. Fightmetric suggests as much. I'm sure you could find several other scorecards (from media and others) that suggest as much. That scorecard really isn't that bad. It's certainly controversial, but I've seen far worse. Just look at some of the silly scores for Condit-Diaz (look at the 49-46 scorecards... pay attention to the rounds) or Watts' scorecard for Machida-Davis (he gave the third to Davis?).

Makes sense. The other two judges disagreed on 2 and 3. Whereas Lee just went the same way on both. I can't quite put my finger on what feels so wrong about it though. Maybe it's that my personal view is that those rounds were a bit too close for me to call with any real conviction, so I kind of stopped considering them myself, and would be satisfied with those two rounds resulting together in a wash with either combination being OK. Glad it's not my job.

And ya there are worse examples for sure.

All three judges scored the fight differently - puts it into perspective.

But they all agree that gus won round 1 and jones won 4 and 5.

Rounds 2-3 were close. Nobody can seem to agree as to who won them, so it's best just to consider those a 10-10 rounds.

As I see it the best Gus could argue for would be a draw. Because if round 2 or 3 are an example of a 10-9 round for gus, than you have to give jones a 10-8 for round 4.

Gus won the first 3 rounds.

Even if I was being lenient, it would be a draw (round 2 scored 10-10).

I thought the same thing after the fight, and watching it again only reinforced how I scored it. Gus should have won that fight on the scorecards, period.

The only round that gus won was rd 1. 2-3 were a toss up and he go this ass kicked in the last two rounds.

Ultimately whatever you think of the decision, you have to admit that it's never satisfying when the guy who's taken control of the fight at the end (jones) loses. I'm glad it didn't go that way.

But they all agree that gus won round 1 and jones won 4 and 5.

Rounds 2-3 were close. Nobody can seem to agree as to who won them, so it's best just to consider those a 10-10 rounds.

IMO if you're going to give gus 10-9 for round 2 or 3, than you have to give jones a 10-8 for round 4. Because if rounds 2 and 3 were "definitive" for Gus, than round 4 was a complete blowout for jones.

Kind of my thinking (after getting some clarity from this discussion). Also, I think a 10-8 for Jones in the 4th could be reasonable regardless. Gus was pretty much saved by the bell. I'm curious what others think of a 10-8 there.

The only round that gus won was rd 1. 2-3 were a toss up and he go this ass kicked in the last two rounds.

Ultimately whatever you think of the decision, you have to admit that it's never satisfying when the guy who's taken control of the fight at the end (jones) loses. I'm glad it didn't go that way.

Gustafsson did not get his ass kicked in round 4.

Kind of my thinking (after getting some clarity from this discussion). Also, I think a 10-8 for Jones in the 4th could be reasonable regardless. Gus was pretty much saved by the bell. I'm curious what others think of a 10-8 there.

10-8 for an elbow in round 4?

This should spell out how close of a fight it was for people, it could have went to Gus.

Imagine the scenario where the last two judges saw the same things that favored Gus (switch up their respective opinions of Round 2 and 3), and we'd have a new LHW champion.

This fight was fucking close, and it's all the more reason the rematch should be made. Shogun got granted one. Sonnen got granted one. And Gus should, because not only did Jones look unbeatable and untouchable going into the fight, Gus was a severely disrespected underdog. That man earned his shot as much as Shogun or Sonnen.

No way Jon won 4 rounds. Gus definitely won 1 & 3.

No way Jon won 4 rounds. Gus definitely won 1 & 3.

it's fascinating to me that 4 different people can, being 100% geniune, say:

1) Gus won 1-3, no question about it
2) Gus won 1&3, no question about it
3) Jones won round 4, no question about it
4) Gus won round 4, no question about it

it's as if there is question about it, or sumthin.....it's like people who say right in the middle of a debate "there is no debate....", eh?

Bertrand's score was the right one, IMO. That Round 4 was tricky as Gus was lighting Jones up with punches for 4 minutes, then Jones lands the spinning elbow and almost finishes Gus in the last minute.

If Jones wouldn't have landed that elbow, Gus would have won the 4th clearly, and that would have given him the fight on 2 of the judges' cards.

Yup. I was scared shitless in that 4th round until Jones landed that elbow. It was the craziest round in the fight

I'm still flabbergasted that nobody sees round 5 for Gus. Outstruck Jones, the takedown was nothing and Gus was never controlled.

But whatever, the fight was insanely close and honestly it yet again was a fight where I say "Nobody lost this fight."

I want some of whatever Chris Lee was smoking prior to the fight

There was no 'almost finish' in round 4, Jones stuns him and goes into desperation mode because he feels he's losing the fight.

He then get's hit back, stuffed twice and tossed to the ground like it's nothing. Get your shit together people.

I don't understand how someone could think Round 2 was for Gus who didn't think Round 3 was for Gus. While both rounds were close it was quite clear Gus did better in the third round than in the second. Otherwise the scorecards all made sense even the 49-46 one though I find it kind of difficult to give round 3 to Jones while Round 2 is quite easy.

There was no 'almost finish' in round 4, Jones stuns him and goes into desperation mode because he feels he's losing the fight.

He then get's hit back, stuffed twice and tossed to the ground like it's nothing. Get your shit together people.

Re-watched round 4, and I see what you mean. Maybe he wasn't all that close to being out (memory is a slippery beast, and I was pretty worked up at that point). But do you really think 4 should have gone to Gus? That kinda just seems disingenuous.

Re-watched round 4, and I see what you mean. Maybe he wasn't all that close to being out (memory is a slippery beast, and I was pretty worked up at that point). But do you really think 4 should have gone to Gus? That kinda just seems disingenuous.

Why should it go to Jones for one elbow, a blocked high kick, two stuffed attempts and a knee that got caught, then Jones wound up on his back.

Please, explain how scoring that for Gus is disingenuous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back