All 3 judges scores , round by round for JJ v Gus

I gave Alex the first 3 rounds. The 4th was his most dominant round, until Jones landed that brutal elbow at the end of it.

Gus won the 4th. Jones hurt him but was not closed to finishing him. jones failed a TD and got tossed to the ground after hitting gus with a few elbows. That is about it. Not enough to win the round lol.

Round 1 - Gus
Round 2 - Tie
Round 3 - Gus
Round 4 - Gus
Round 5 - Gus

gus won the 4th. Jones hurt him but was not closed to finishing him. Jones failed a td and got tossed to the ground after hitting gus with a few elbows. That is about it. Not enough to win the round lol.

lol. Not close to finishing him?

Good night folks.

Bertrand must be the one with the eyes and brain that work.

Judge Chris Lee's score card made no sense, the other two judge's scores make sense, I'm a bit surprise there was no draw in either round 2 or 3 though.

Why should it go to Jones for one elbow, a blocked high kick, two stuffed attempts and a knee that got caught, then Jones wound up on his back.

Please, explain how scoring that for Gus is disingenuous.

I'm referring less to your opinion I suppose, than to your overall tone. You're presenting no uncertainty, and seem to be looking to start a pissing contest.

My scorecard was the same as Judge Richard Bertrand's.

absolutely what I expected

2 and 3 were really close rounds.

I really wish fights under the unified rules would be properly scored though, fight as a whole Pride style or at least putting emphasis on ending it strong, especially when one fighter would likely finish the fight without the time limit.

Right now fighters get the same value for one round that could just as well be draw and one round that is as close to domination as it can get without being 10-8. How is that not complete bullshit? Not talking about this fight specifically although I think the 10 point must system definitely adds to why people feel Gus was "robbed" They are used to stupid scoring criteria...

especially obvious when takedowns are involved...

u can argue any of the rounds for either guy. u really can.

and for those saying 10-8 round 4. u can not be serious in the slightest bit. i am extremely glad ur not an mma judge. thats absurd, guys were really killed in the cage and got a 9 for their round. gusto deserved the win, gatorade solidified it for jones.

Gus would have been the clear winner of rd4 if not for the hail mary spinning elbow actually landing.

u can argue any of the rounds for either guy. u really can.

and for those saying 10-8 round 4. u can not be serious in the slightest bit. i am extremely glad ur not an mma judge. thats absurd, guys were really killed in the cage and got a 9 for their round. gusto deserved the win, gatorade solidified it for jones.

I think a very serious case could be made for Gus winning round 4. He was in complete control that round for four minutes. Jones lands a big shot that obviously hurts Gus but the isn't able to follow-up with a whole lot of damage.

Looking at is from a judge's perspective, if you scored the first two rounds for Gus, they were razor thin, as was the third, so if you're scoring the fight your instinct is likely not to score the third also for Gus, because that puts him up 3-0 in a fight that is SO close, it realistically should be 2-1 either way. I can understand that.

Why should it go to Jones for one elbow, a blocked high kick, two stuffed attempts and a knee that got caught, then Jones wound up on his back.

Please, explain how scoring that for Gus is disingenuous.

Because Jones hurt him so badly he was still stumbling round in the next round. Admit it, if Jones was hurt that badly you'd be calling for it to be a 10-8.

Back