All 3 judges scores , round by round for JJ v Gus

Round 1 Gus
Round 2 Jones
Round 3 Gus
Round 4 Draw
Round 5 Jones

DRAW.

That was my scoring although I am not a judge.

I thought Gustafsson won the first three rounds, Jones won the fourth round, and the fifth round was close, but I could have seen it going to Jones. I think Gustafsson should get an immediate rematch.

Someone please tell me how the hell Jones won round 2? Honestly I can't see it.

5 close ass rounds, 3 judges...that's 15 opportunities for a 10-10, but not a single one was given. Judges hate 10-10 rounds more than anything in the world.

The other two judges split rounds 2-3. The only definitive rounds were 1 for GUS and 4 and 5 for Jones. Which I think is an accurate take on the fight. 2 and 3 were really close.

I wouldn't call round 4 definitive for Jones. He landed an elbow.

Wonder what Chris Lee was doing during the fight

Yeah I had it the same as Bertrand.

Gus
Jones
Gus
Jones
Jones

Dat spinning elbow.

To be close to finish should be the most important factor, not number of punches

After watching the fight again I think all these scores are feasible. 2 and 3 were razor close and Jon really poured it on at the end of the round making it super difficult to score.

All three judges scored the fight differently - puts it into perspective.

well, to be specific, all judges scored 2 rounds differently. and all 3 scored 3 rounds exactly alike.

99% of sherdoggers seem to agree with 2 of those 3 rounds (1&5).

Wonder what Chris Lee was doing during the fight
playing with his new toy

10000149.jpg

Gus had his chances to win. He gassed and couldn't win the last 2 rounds

well, to be specific, all judges scored 2 rounds differently. and all 3 scored 3 rounds exactly alike.

99% of sherdoggers seem to agree with 2 of those 3 rounds (1&5).

2 of 5 rounds == 40% of the entire fight. It's a big index of incompatibility relatively speaking.

Rounds 1 and 5 everyone seems to agree on. It's those pesky rounds in between where all the controversy bubbled up ; ))

Last edited:
So what qualifications do these judges need to have to do this job and how much MMA experience do they need to watch in order to judge accurately.

3 judges, all scored differently and only Bertrand scored it right?

Summary:

R1 Gus
R2 ???
R3 ???
R4 Jones
R5 Jones

The judges agreed on that.

Need more 10-10 and 10-8's out of judges.

It still annoys me all three judges scored R1 Lesnar / Carwin 10-9 for Carwin, WTF.

Back