All 3 judges scores , round by round for JJ v Gus

What fight was Lee watching?

He was watching a fight where rounds 2 and 3 were close. The other scorecards suggest as much. Fightmetric suggests as much. I'm sure you could find several other scorecards (from media and others) that suggest as much. That scorecard really isn't that bad. It's certainly controversial, but I've seen far worse. Just look at some of the silly scores for Condit-Diaz (look at the 49-46 scorecards... pay attention to the rounds) or Watts' scorecard for Machida-Davis (he gave the third to Davis?).

2 of 5 rounds == 20% of the entire fight. It's a big index of incompatibility relatively speaking.

Rounds 1 and 5 everyone seems to agree on. It's those pesky rounds in between where all the controversy bubbled up ; ))

Its actually 40 percent.

If you disagree with Lee you must also disagree with Crosby or Bertrand.

This isn't basketball where more points mean more of a blow out.

I'm curious what your logic is about having to disagree with the other judges too. I was simply naming a gut feeling I had that Lee might have been a little bit starstruck.

(and regarding your basketball dig -- duh. Not at all my thinking, not biting)

5 close ass rounds, 3 judges...that's 15 opportunities for a 10-10, but not a single one was given. Judges hate 10-10 rounds more than anything in the world.

no; commissions hate 10-10 rounds.

judges are just doing their job.

it's very important to keep that straight.

2 of 5 rounds == 40% of the entire fight. It's a big index of incompatibility relatively speaking.

Rounds 1 and 5 everyone seems to agree on. It's those pesky rounds in between where all the controversy bubbled up ; ))

yep :)

i've said before and i'll say it again - boxing is exponentially easier to judge than mma, and boxing judges get rounds wrong all the time. mma fans should keep that in mind.

3 close rounds, 3 judges, 3 different results. seems quite un-outlandish to me, albeit maddening. waddyagonnado.

Bertrand knew what he was doing

The other two, not so much

yep :)

i've said before and i'll say it again - boxing is exponentially easier to judge than mma, and boxing judges get rounds wrong all the time. mma fans should keep that in mind.

3 close rounds, 3 judges, 3 different results. seems quite un-outlandish to me, albeit maddening. waddyagonnado.

Given the weight of a knock down, I agree about boxing. Let alone having to factor in grappling.

Even still, complicated as it is, I think MMA judging is about as bad as it gets. I feel like the last year has produced a dozen or more controversial decisions anywhere from prelims to main events on PPV.

It's shocking that scoring isn't getting better as the years go by.

If you disagree with Lee you must also disagree with Crosby or Bertrand.

This isn't basketball where more points mean more of a blow out.

Why do you keep talking like you're an authority figure on this subject?
You sit on your couch and watch UFC and munch on Cheetos.

I had it like Bertrand. But these scores show what most of us agreed on Gus won rd 1 and Jones 4 and 5 for sure with the middle 2 & 3 being the swing rounds.

No idea how anyone could give round 3 to Jones, and yet two professional judges did.

Gus won the first 3 rounds.

Even if I was being lenient, it would be a draw (round 2 scored 10-10).

I thought the same thing after the fight, and watching it again only reinforced how I scored it. Gus should have won that fight on the scorecards, period.

The realist in me says Betrand got it right. When I first watched the fight I had Gus 3-2 over Jones.

After re-watching the fight 4-1 Jones is stupidity and 3-2 Jones is reasonable. I still think Gus should have won.

Back