All 3 judges scores , round by round for JJ v Gus

Because Jones hurt him so badly he was still stumbling round in the next round. Admit it, if Jones was hurt that badly you'd be calling for it to be a 10-8.

No, I really wouldn't be.

Gus red lined near the midway point of round 5, he had absolutely nothing left in the tank. That elbow didn't 'hurt him all the way into the next round'

Looking at is from a judge's perspective, if you scored the first two rounds for Gus, they were razor thin, as was the third, so if you're scoring the fight your instinct is likely not to score the third also for Gus, because that puts him up 3-0 in a fight that is SO close, it realistically should be 2-1 either way. I can understand that.

exactly the problem with the current scoring system. Fights need to be scored as a whole.

this fight was clearly very close but the judge giving rd 1 to Gus rest to Jones did not score the fight wrong, the first 3 rounds were close enough without the takedown in the 1st all 3 could have been a draw.

Gus becoming champ by winning 3 very close rounds and Jones clearly winning 4 and 5 would have been a REAL controversy and the wrong decision.

How was he almost finished? hurt, yes. alnost finished??? no

He was stumbling around, barely able to defend himself. If I were to pause the fight the moment he was hurt and ask you to bet that he survives, I doubt you would have taken the bet.

Round 4 wasn't close to a 10-8 for Jones, it was also not close to one-sided for Gus up until the elbow imo.

Judge Chris Lee's score card made no sense, the other two judge's scores make sense, I'm a bit surprise there was no draw in either round 2 or 3 though.

This makes no sense.

What rounds did gus win? If uyou think that 2 and 3 could go either way then you agree with Lee. Lets think now people.

I suggest you get your eyes checked.

All of Jones' offense in round 4 can be shown in a ten second gif which consisted of an elbow and some brief and ineffective followup. Gus may have been hurt initially but he successfully defended two take downs and didn't let Jones mount any offense after that. The idea that this ten second flurry negates 4+ minutes of Gus winning is laughable.

Chris Lee was obviously smoking crack before the fight.

Gus won the 4th. Jones hurt him but was not closed to finishing him.
Have you watched a fight before. If a guy is that stunned after taking a shot (elbow in this case)...he can be put away with one more shot quite easily. Happens ALL THE TIME.

So he was very close to finisning Gus who was staggaring around like a drunken sailor for a bit there. Yes he gathered his wits to run and stop a takedown...but he was on the verge.

Nuthuggers are amazing. :p

All of Jones' offense in round 4 can be shown in a ten second gif which consisted of an elbow and some brief and ineffective followup. Gus may have been hurt initially but he successfully defended two take downs and didn't let Jones mount any offense after that. The idea that this ten second flurry negates 4+ minutes of Gus winning is laughable.

It was really about a minute of pure on slaught compared to four minutes of peppering.

Obviously the one minute should win.

All three judges scored the fight differently - puts it into perspective.

I think that this is more telling than anything. All three have a completely different account of how the fight went down.

I actually think all three are acceptable. I can see the first three being for Gus as well too.

I had 1-3 for Gus and the last two for Jones. Round 2 was close but I thought that GUs controlled more of the round. Jones done a good job of trying to still the rounds by being really aggressive at the end of the rounds.

Have you watched a fight before. If a guy is that stunned after taking a shot (elbow in this case)...he can be put away with one more shot quite easily.
Strange how Jones couldn't manage it then, huh? Seems like he connected at least one or two more times before being tossed off like a child when he attempted a takedown.

This makes no sense.

What rounds did gus win?

1296235343997.gif

Okay, so I just wanted to post that gif. 5 was a tossup, and I can see how the judges could forget about the first four minutes of Round 4 and get distracted by Jones's one moment of glory. 1-3 were pretty much all Gus. The majority of Jones's strikes in the first three rounds were ineffectual leg kicks. Leg kicks have a strategic value. But they shouldn't count as damaging unless they... do damage. His did not slow down or impede Gus significantly as the fight carried on.

How is the 3rd a Jones round on 2 cards? That's my only concern with these scores

Have you watched a fight before. If a guy is that stunned after taking a shot (elbow in this case)...he can be put away with one more shot quite easily. Happens ALL THE TIME.

So he was very close to finisning Gus who was staggaring around like a drunken sailor for a bit there. Yes he gathered his wits to run and stop a takedown...but he was on the verge.

Nuthuggers are amazing. :p

But that DID NOT happen. Gus did not get dropped, defended and takedown, defended well and tossed jones to the ground at the end of the round. Someone who is about to get finished is probably not going to be able to do that. If gus would have fallen down and stopped moving then there would be a case for "almost finished", but all he did was get stunned and backed up.

People are blowing this elbow way out of proportion. It was the best strike landed in the fight yes, but it should not be an instant factor in winning a round.

I scored rd 2 for jones. IMO if you scored rd 2 for Gus then rd 3 goes to him as well. I thought Gus was more dominant in rd 3

Back