Ali vs Tyson Fury

How is Fury not the best heavyweight of his generation? If not Fury then who is the best of his generation how have they proven to be better than Fury?

It's way too early to be calling anyone the greatest of this current HW generation.

It's way too early to be calling anyone the greatest of this current HW generation.

This. There's been one fight involving the 3 current top dogs, and it resulted in a draw. It's no rocket science : we just don't know who the best is yet.

I think the bigger question should be: would Ali be a different beast if he was training in this generation. Or would Fury be any less of a fighter if he was fighting 45years ago.
Given all the advancements and knowledge in training, dieting, accessing high level coaches and trainers, i think that the past generations would have been much better

Of course ali would have access to modern 'supplementation' and techniques.

FFS guys, use your eyes and watch Ali actually fight.

Even when he was post exile he could let his hands fly and he was tough. Oh but was he tough. The guy also could punch every minute of every round for 15 rounds.

Even with the size differential, I can't for the life of me see Fury win.

If it was Lewis v Ali? Then that is a debate I would be interested in.

You can only rate a fighter on their own era and what they have achieved.

Ali is light years ahead of Fury and if you watch his fights you will see that.

Ali doesn't have Wilder power, and for the majority of that fight Fury was schooling Wilder, let Ali get hit with that punch and see if he gets up.

Fury would beat Ali lol.

Ali would most certainly get up, as he had a heart like no other.

Go watch the Fight of the Century, when Frazier smashes Ali with a left hand in the final round. Ali gets up at the count of 3 and barley blinks

The dude was a fucking Animal!

Wow people are comparing current generation bums to one of the greatest boxers of all time? This generation is getting really pathetic.

Tyson is slightly above bums but is no where near the legends so chill the fuck out.

Maybe true but we might have to lean Fury at 1 as of now. I say AJ is 3 at the moment until they stop sheltering him.

Ali in his prime was about 210lbs and not a heavy hitter like Wilder. So you would have a:

6-3 210lbs/ 78in reach
6-9 250lbs/ 86in reach

Fury has 6 inches, 40lbs, 8in reach

That is too much size for someone who isn't a power puncher like Ali. BUT Fury would have to increase his output or he will lose the decision. Ali lands a few more punches per round throughout his career which would have to change for Fury to get the nod.

Everyone saying Ali would toy with a 6’9 260 pound man is out of touch with reality.

A 212lb man with about 10% of Ali’s skill put Fury down twice and never got Hurt by Fury .....

And this is exactly the typical nostalgic horse crap that I always point out, mostly coming from misinformed individuals who think that Jake Lamotta would defeat Canelo and Golovkin on the same night.

Let me point out some things: Ali wouldn't get to Fury with his Pre fight talk, Fury is too good at that himself.

Ali had trouble when someone had a backfoot and counter-punching game, and made him come instead of follow him (Jimmy Young).

Fury on the other side hasnt really boxed anyone so far who can actually move with him. That itself would make the fight difficult for him, though he would still enjoy a size advantage. Especially when you consider that Ali was a head hunter.

I'd say Fury by decision or Ali by late stoppage.

Madness. You clearly DKSAB.

Lolwut? Couldn't have picked a worse analogy.

Ali (Floyd) hits the slower, stronger, less polished boxer Fury (Canelo) at will, dominating from start to finish, and finish he would due to his power. He could turn it on and take Fury out whenever he wanted after beating his eyes shut over the first half of the bout. I wish for your sake you were trollin', but I think you're just clueless.

Ali (Floyd) hits the slower, stronger, less polished boxer Fury (Canelo) at will, dominating from start to finish, and finish he would due to his power. He could turn it on and take Fury out whenever he wanted after beating his eyes shut over the first half of the bout. I wish for your sake you were trollin', but I think you're just clueless.
But Canelo is 100x skillful than Fury.
The diference skill wise between Ali and Fury is way bigger than Floyd and Canelo during that ages, and we all know how that turn out for Canelo.

But Canelo is 100x skillful than Fury.
The diference skill wise between Ali and Fury is way bigger than Floyd and Canelo during that ages, and we all know how that turn out for Canelo.

Canelo has had a handful of close fights, Fury really hasn't.

Fury will have 6 inches, 40 lbs, and 8 inches of reach to his advantage.

Fury has fought two good fighters and one of them gave him a very close fight.

You must think boxing is a no-talent athlete sport like MMA.

According to you Nikolai Valuev is the greatest boxer would beat any boxer ever, and no way he lost fights with way smaller fighters.{<jordan}

You must think boxing is a no-talent athlete sport like MMA.

According to you Nikolai Valuev is the greatest boxer would beat any boxer ever, and no way he lost fights with way smaller fighters.{<jordan}
Who is Valuev? What are you talking about?

Back