Ali vs Tyson Fury

Another one of those misinformed "Ali beats everyone" nostalgic nuthuggers.

Ali also lost to Frazier, and Norton, and enjoyed a size advantage over most of opposition in the 60s.
And u are another one of those that think the older greats couldn't possibly be better than the ones now.

Prime Foreman was likely the most scary HW ever in boxing dude a straight killer. And Ali out thought him an knocked out the beast. Ali had one of the highest in ring Iqs as well.

LOL Ali against the guy who hit his own face.
<36>

Speed and faints would basically give Ali the decision.
Neither guy is finishing one another.
Both have conditioning.
Ali would go in and out and steal majority of rounds due to volume.
To me, Fury is awesome but I can't figure out a way he'll win.

I think Fury would have to throw more punches than he did against wilder and if he kept his output up he would be too big.

Fury wins a razor thin UD via Ali being dead. Fury vs a prime Ail ends up dead.

Fury destroys him, far too big and skilled for any version of Ali, come on now.

Shit thread

The pre 3 year 7 month out of the ring Clay/Ali makes Fury look lumbering and slow as molasses. Plus, he'd verbally and mentally destroy Fury before they ever got in the ring.

The pre 3 year 7 month out of the ring Clay/Ali makes Fury look lumbering and slow as molasses. Plus, he'd verbally and mentally destroy Fury before they ever got in the ring.
You cant get in furys head
He will trash talk with Ali

Fury is a minor league trash talker. Ali would have crushed him

Wilder had reasonable success jabbing with Fury through the middle rounds, and most people are convinced that Wilder has no boxing ability. Fury isn't an easy matchup for anyone, but it's not hard to see how Ali's speed, footwork, boxing ability, and volume gets him a decision here.

cant believe this is even a debate. Fury in the greater scheme of things is slightly above bum level.

Tyson Fury definitely beats Muhammad Ali.

Fact is, people on this forum look at Ali as an invincible god.

Ali was 6'2 with a 77.9 inch reach and in the 60's was 193 pounds, vs Foreman in 1974 he was 216 pounds.

Now Fury is 6'9 with a 85 inch reach, and is around 250 pounds in his prime.

You're telling me that Ali would beat a man who is 7 inches taller, with a 8 inch reach advantage and 60 pounds weight advantage?

Not to mention Tyson's boxing skill, speed, and awkwardness.

I'm sorry - Tyson Fury beats Muhammad Ali, whether its the one that shown up against Klitschko or the one again Wilder.

Hey McFly, I have your car towed all the way to your house and all you have for me is light beer?

Welcome

Nice that you quote that specifically and not read the facts I presented, nice!

I read the post. Didn’t want to quote the whole thing to condense. Apologies for doing so

I Really just wanted to say welcome to the board, noting your just joined a few days ago.

I disagree with your opinion,I I think the pre Vietnam fiasco Ali would have made fury look slow and oafish, despite the size and reach difference.

Boxing and mma are full of examples of large men being felled by smaller. Fury’s size (and the size of this eras heavyweights) is certainly a factor, but Chris Byrd did ok. I know what happened with Klitschko but I think that era Ali was faster, slicker, had more power than Byrd, and bounced.

How often do you think fury would swing at air- and how does that impact his stamina?

Anyhow- winless argument. Appreciate the discussion.

I read the post. Didn’t want to quote the whole thing to condense. Apologies for doing so

I Really just wanted to say welcome to the board, noting your just joined a few days ago.

I disagree with your opinion,I I think the pre Vietnam fiasco Ali would have made fury look slow and oafish, despite the size and reach difference.

Boxing and mma are full of examples of large men being felled by smaller. Fury’s size (and the size of this eras heavyweights) is certainly a factor, but Chris Byrd did ok. I know what happened with Klitschko but I think that era Ali was faster, slicker, had more power than Byrd, and bounced.

How often do you think fury would swing at air- and how does that impact his stamina?

Anyhow- winless argument. Appreciate the discussion.
MMA and boxing can't be compared due to MMA there is leg kicks that bigger guys cant take aswell as the big guys, big guys are smaller than smaller.

However this isn't the case for Fury, he is fast, and incredibly fast for a man of his size.

I don't believe Fury would swing at air, yes he wouldn't be as accurate as usual but it's not like he wouldn't be able to touch Ali, he'd control with the jab, and I believe Fury would have good stamina throughout the whole fight.

And this is exactly the typical nostalgic horse crap that I always point out, mostly coming from misinformed individuals who think that Jake Lamotta would defeat Canelo and Golovkin on the same night.

Let me point out some things: Ali wouldn't get to Fury with his Pre fight talk, Fury is too good at that himself.

Ali had trouble when someone had a backfoot and counter-punching game, and made him come instead of follow him (Jimmy Young).

Fury on the other side hasnt really boxed anyone so far who can actually move with him. That itself would make the fight difficult for him, though he would still enjoy a size advantage. Especially when you consider that Ali was a head hunter.

I'd say Fury by decision or Ali by late stoppage.
Fury is a good fighter but In historical terms
Fury embarrasses Ali
Fury has great footwork and is bigger
Fury wins
a guy who is not even the best heavyweight of his generation against a boxer regarded by the majority of experts as the greatest.... and you think Fury would beat a prime Ali? He really wouldn’t. Get a grip folks.

Ali was 6'2 with a 77.9 inch reach and in the 60's was 193 pounds, vs Foreman in 1974 he was 216 pounds.

Now Fury is 6'9 with a 85 inch reach, and is around 250 pounds in his prime.

You're telling me that Ali would beat a man who is 7 inches taller, with a 8 inch reach advantage and 60 pounds weight advantage?

Not to mention Tyson's boxing skill, speed, and awkwardness.

I'm sorry - Tyson Fury beats Muhammad Ali, whether its the one that shown up against Klitschko or the one again Wilder.
By this logic the bigger man always wins, yet history tells us much different. Ever heard of Mike Tyson? Jack Dempsey? Joe Louis?

WTF is this crap? Fury is good, for today's heavyweights... but just look at today's heavyweights. Nobody can box worth crap, just some big guys with some big power.

Tyson Fury is much more of a challenge than Mitch Green, who could probably also be champ these days simple due to his speed and movement.

Back