Ali vs Tyson Fury

You cant get in furys head
He will trash talk with Ali
"Look at this guy, look at 'em, you're nothin' but an overrated dossah with a preachers complex, ya bum ya" "Ya can' make ooop ya mind soh ya switch religions, we'll here I yam, Im your religion ya dossah , get onya knees an pray tuh me., I'll give ya a new name when Im dun wit yeah"

Would be an epic lead up to the fight!

Tyson Fury definitely beats Muhammad Ali.

Fact is, people on this forum look at Ali as an invincible god.

Ali was 6'2 with a 77.9 inch reach and in the 60's was 193 pounds, vs Foreman in 1974 he was 216 pounds.

Now Fury is 6'9 with a 85 inch reach, and is around 250 pounds in his prime.

You're telling me that Ali would beat a man who is 7 inches taller, with a 8 inch reach advantage and 60 pounds weight advantage?

Not to mention Tyson's boxing skill, speed, and awkwardness.

I'm sorry - Tyson Fury beats Muhammad Ali, whether its the one that shown up against Klitschko or the one again Wilder.

I don't know why you're so pre-occupied with weight when Fury just went life and death with a guy who weighed 209 pounds.

WTF is this crap? Fury is good, for today's heavyweights... but just look at today's heavyweights. Nobody can box worth crap, just some big guys with some big power.

Tyson Fury is much more of a challenge than Mitch Green, who could probably also be champ these days simple due to his speed and movement.
They don´t even have power, put Foreman, Liston, or another big puncher in there and they would get killed. Would be the same fashion as Max Baer vs Carnera, or even worse.

I think the bigger question should be: would Ali be a different beast if he was training in this generation. Or would Fury be any less of a fighter if he was fighting 45years ago.
Given all the advancements and knowledge in training, dieting, accessing high level coaches and trainers, i think that the past generations would have been much better

I don't know why you're so pre-occupied with weight when Fury just went life and death with a guy who weighed 209 pounds.

Life and death? That isnt the narrative of the fight. Don't lie.

They don´t even have power, put Foreman, Liston, or another big puncher in there and they would get killed. Would be the same fashion as Max Baer vs Carnera, or even worse.

Wilder and Joshua don't have power? Lol, ok.
Wladimir was one of the hardest punchers in History according to severel sources.

Last edited:
Ali wins.
Faster and smarter.
Fury would be looking foolish trying to hit him.

Fury is a good fighter but In historical terms

a guy who is not even the best heavyweight of his generation against a boxer regarded by the majority of experts as the greatest.... and you think Fury would beat a prime Ali? He really wouldn’t. Get a grip folks.

He would absolutely destroy Ali. You’re the one who needs to get a grip.

Jesus Wept.

Life and death? That isnt the narrative of the fight. Don't lie.

lol at "don't lie." It was a very close fight where he had to get off the canvas twice (one of those two times included him actually getting knocked cold). "Life and death" is a perfect characterization of that fight from Fury's point of view. Wilder weighed right around what Ali did in his prime. Is Deontay Wilder a class better than Muhammad Ali now?

lol at "don't lie." It was a very close fight where he had to get off the canvas twice (one of those two times included him actually getting knocked cold). "Life and death" is a perfect characterization of that fight from Fury's point of view. Wilder weighed right around what Ali did in his prime. Is Deontay Wilder a class better than Muhammad Ali now?

That's not even 20 seconds of the fight. What about the rest? Fury was fairly easy controlling the fight, after 3 years layoff, a big weight loss and overall deterioration compared to the Fury against Klitschko.

Even the rounds where he got knocked down, he controlled the rest of the round. The gap in skill was clearly visible, and I couldn't think of a worse example for "Life and death" fight. No reason to pretend that this was Gatti vs. Ward or Lewis vs. Vitali.

That's not even 20 seconds of the fight. What about the rest? Fury was fairly easy controlling the fight, after 3 years layoff, a big weight loss and overall deterioration compared to the Fury against Klitschko.

Even the rounds where he got knocked down, he controlled the rest of the round. The gap in skill was clearly visible, and I couldn't think of a worse example for "Life and death" fight. No reason to pretend that this was Gatti vs. Ward or Lewis vs. Vitali.

He was in a fight that was very close and was (reasonably) ruled a draw. He was floored twice and almost KO'd one of those times. That's life and death.

Before the layoff, Ali likely clowns him to a UD or a late TKO. After the layoff, it's probably very competitive, but I see Ali edging it.

He would absolutely destroy Ali. You’re the one who needs to get a grip.

Jesus Wept.
Based on what? A win over an over the hill Klitschko? A draw with windmill Wilder? The HW division was stacked in Ali’s day and it’s been dire for some time now.

Wilder and Joshua don't have power? Lol, ok.

Wladimir was one of the hardest punchers in History according to severel sources.

Some fellas are really embarassing themselves here. It's like 20 years ago,... "Klitschko couldn't lace Jerry Quarry's boots".
None of them are even on top 10 hardest hitters of all time.
And Ali faced three and won all of them{<jordan}

And Ali faced three and won all of them

Yea I know, Sonny Liston hit 5x as hard as Joshua, and Earnie Shavers hit about 12x as hard.

Dat nostalgic superpower... Always consider dat nostalgic superpower.

Without gettig drawn on a mythical match up, I have to say Wilder would be in my top ten hardest hitting HWs. He has ridiculous power, thrown with poor technique, that just switches peoples' brains off. I honestly struggle to think of nine guys with more power. Just a glancing blow of him, has guys chicken walking all the way to A and E.

Without gettig drawn on a mythical match up, I have to say Wilder would be in my top ten hardest hitting HWs. He has ridiculous power, thrown with poor technique, that just switches peoples' brains off. I honestly struggle to think of nine guys with more power. Just a glancing blow of him, has guys chicken walking all the way to A and E.

many many mediocre HW in history have had amazing KO% because of consistently fighting bums much like Wilder. I dont think his power is anything special, and it cant be considering his awful technique and being skinny. amazing how so many boxing fans get on bandwagons so easily.

I'd like to report @Seano for having two accounts...

giphy.gif

That is my point, any guy who do boxing, or used to do boxing can tell that this guys don´t have tecnhique to generate power, i can tell by the way they throws punches its not nearly as hard as a guy like Foreman.

Back