Ali vs Tyson Fury

many many mediocre HW in history have had amazing KO% because of consistently fighting bums much like Wilder. I dont think his power is anything special, and it cant be considering his awful technique and being skinny. amazing how so many boxing fans get on bandwagons so easily.
I'm not on a Wilder bandwaggon, I just think he's a very hard puncher.

That is my point, any guy who do boxing, or used to do boxing can tell that this guys don´t have tecnhique to generate power, i can tell by the way they throws punches its not nearly as hard as a guy like Foreman.

I hear you, but punch power is hard to quantify. With Foreman we are talking about a HW near the top of the tree, no one would argue he'd be high in a top ten list. Wilder with his drowning dog technique, is still banging people out, it's his power rather than his boxing ability that has got him this far. So whilst Wilder may not hit as hard as Foreman, he'd still right up there power wise imo, without it he'd never have got anywhere.

Hes banging out BUMS. Look at his record mostly no name american club fighters.

Yea I know, Sonny Liston hit 5x as hard as Joshua, and Earnie Shavers hit about 12x as hard.

Dat nostalgic superpower... Always consider dat nostalgic superpower.

Shavers devastated people.

• Larry Holmes: "Earnie hit me harder than any other fighter, including Mike Tyson. He hit me and I was face down on the canvas hearing saxophonist Jimmy Tillis."
  • Muhammad Ali: "Earnie hit me so hard, he shook my kinfolk back in Africa"
  • Ron Lyle: "Hey man, that's the hardest I've ever been hit in my life. And George Foreman could punch, but none of them could hit like Earnie Shavers did. When he hit you, the lights went out. I can laugh about it now, but at the time, it wasn't funny."
  • ·Ron Lyle: "Hardest he's ever been hit: Earnie Shavers. The ground came up and met me. That's all I remember."
  • ·James Tillis: "Shavers hit so hard he turned horse piss into gasoline! He hit me so hard he brought back tomorrow. When he hit me… I was seeing pink rats and cats and animals smoking cigarettes. I was in the land of make-believe."
  • ·James Tillis: "The baddest motherfucker I fought was Earnie Shavers. That motherfucker can make July into June and made me jump over the motherfuckin' moon. That motherfucker hit so hard, he'll bring back tomorrow. He hit me so hard, I thought I was on the corner smoking cigarette and eating a spam sandwich. That's how hard that motherfucker hit.

Hes banging out BUMS. Look at his record mostly no name american club fighters.
I'm well aware of his record, I've been slating it for years. Fact is, regardless of who he's beat, he has demonstrated power, anyone who gets touched by him is in trouble. We all know he's not a good boxer, but his power is exceptional.

• Larry Holmes: "Earnie hit me harder than any other fighter, including Mike Tyson. He hit me and I was face down on the canvas hearing saxophonist Jimmy Tillis."
  • Ron Lyle: "Hey man, that's the hardest I've ever been hit in my life. And George Foreman could punch, but none of them could hit like Earnie Shavers did. When he hit you, the lights went out. I can laugh about it now, but at the time, it wasn't funny."
  • ·Ron Lyle: "Hardest he's ever been hit: Earnie Shavers. The ground came up and met me. That's all I remember."
  • ·James Tillis: "Shavers hit so hard he turned horse piss into gasoline! He hit me so hard he brought back tomorrow. When he hit me… I was seeing pink rats and cats and animals smoking cigarettes. I was in the land of make-believe."
  • ·James Tillis: "The baddest motherfucker I fought was Earnie Shavers. That motherfucker can make July into June and made me jump over the motherfuckin' moon. That motherfucker hit so hard, he'll bring back tomorrow. He hit me so hard, I thought I was on the corner smoking cigarette and eating a spam sandwich. That's how hard that motherfucker hit.

Crazy power, mad to think he ended up as a bouncer at a pub in Liverpool. No one gonna fuck about in that place.

That guy can throw hands for sure!

Crazy power, mad to think he ended up as a bouncer at a pub in Liverpool. No one gonna fuck about in that place.

I doubt he ever used his fists... Considering that his hands are registered as deadly weapons and that he competed as a heavyweight at the highest level, plus his notorious reputation as a puncher... A judge wouldn't be pleased if he decked a 18-year-old kid.

I doubt he ever used his fists... Considering that his hands are registered as deadly weapons and that he competed as a heavyweight at the highest level, plus his notorious reputation as a puncher... A judge wouldn't be pleased if he decked a 18-year-old kid.
I suspect his rep ensured the gaff ran like a library to be fair.

I suspect his rep ensured the gaff ran like a library to be fair.

Folks can get pretty sassy in an intoxicated state.

Come to think: 19 year old Mike Tyson vs Earnie Shavers? I'd roll with Mike by decision.

Folks can get pretty sassy in an intoxicated state.

Come to think: 19 year old Mike Tyson vs Earnie Shavers? I'd roll with Mike by decision.

Can’t see that fight going the distance. I think Tyson stops him- he was harder to hit back then. Certainly a fight where you best not blink!

I don't know why you're so pre-occupied with weight when Fury just went life and death with a guy who weighed 209 pounds.
Ali doesn't have Wilder power, and for the majority of that fight Fury was schooling Wilder, let Ali get hit with that punch and see if he gets up.

Fury would beat Ali lol.

Ali doesn't have Wilder power, and for the majority of that fight Fury was schooling Wilder, let Ali get hit with that punch and see if he gets up.

Fury would beat Ali lol.

Are you being serious, or joking?

Ali never gets hit with that punch (or any punches from Wilder, really) and beats Wilder mercilessly for a few rounds until he stops him, so not the best argument, IMO.

He also beats Fury easily, via the same. Not getting hit and hitting Fury at will. Though Fury likely survives longer than Wilder by several rounds, he too gets stopped by Ali. 100/100 times.

Lmfaaaaoooo

Fuck off guys, please.

Bout Ali vs fury.
Ali would be put in prison for all sorts of crimes if this bout took place a week before he died, let alone both in their primes.

Everyone saying Ali would toy with a 6’9 260 pound man is out of touch with reality.

fury got flatlined with one punch by a guy that weighs 215 lb

A contender for GOAT vs not a contender for GOAT. I think I know the answer.

You're telling me that Ali would beat a man who is 7 inches taller, with a 8 inch reach advantage and 60 pounds weight advantage?
again Ali fought the scariest fighter ever in Boxing history ...... a in Prime George Foreman. For had a big size an power advantage an youth as Ali was already on the slide. Ali won n kod the beast .

Yet Fury fucking beats prine Ali when put of Pri.e Ali still beat greats. But the Gypsy king is just better than Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Liston etc ...... some ya'll just dumb

To be honest Fury in the shape he is looking to be in now destroys Ali

Fury is a good fighter but In historical terms

a guy who is not even the best heavyweight of his generation against a boxer regarded by the majority of experts as the greatest.... and you think Fury would beat a prime Ali? He really wouldn’t. Get a grip folks.
How is Fury not the best heavyweight of his generation? If not Fury then who is the best of his generation how have they proven to be better than Fury?

Back