Alexander Hernandez is a star in the making

Watching the press conference right now and he really knows how to talk and sell a fight. Add the fact that he is good looking, has finishes, has an exciting fighting style and is super young and you have a star in your hands.

I think he's going to destroy Cowboy and from then on the hype train will leave the station.
Cowboy kills him unless the weight cut has him slow

I guess only foreigners and Conor McGregor are the only fighters that can trash talk without anyone saying they're trying to hard smh.

I don't think he was forcing anything, and he was pretty right in his assessment about Cowboy, he IS 39 fights to late to try to make his career about winning the Championship.

Put a tampon in it Sherbros, not everyone is gonna have Conor's level of delivery, that doesn't mean their Trash Talk is forced, some of ya'll hate Conor so much anyway, so why make him the gold standard? Because it suits your narrative?

Cerrones a slow starter and gets caught often early, Alex on the other hand, comes out guns a blazin’

Cerrone would have to survive the onslaught and catch this kid with a kick from nowhere or a sub from nowhere, both which he can hit.

Honestly sounded like he had been rehearsing those lines all night long lol. Buddy didn't skip a beat in that trash-talk. Was hitting deep too you know Cerrone was getting pissed when he says "oh we're on the same floor in the hotel if you wanna say something else come knock on my door"

Cowboy looked horrible
He also looked pissed
Didn’t disagree with what Hernandez said
Cowboy is looking for a mcgregor pay day than ride off into the sunset
Hernandez wants to finish him

I thought he did a decent job sandwiching some humorous trash talk between respectful bookends.

Honestly sounded like he had been rehearsing those lines all night long lol. Buddy didn't skip a beat in that trash-talk. Was hitting deep too you know Cerrone was getting pissed when he says "oh we're on the same floor in the hotel if you wanna say something else come knock on my door"
Yeah. Cowboy sounded peeved when he was calling him a motherfucker. haha

Always liked Cerrone, but think an older fighter going down a division is the kiss of death. Hernandez is a beast, already had a bet on him but hearing Cerrone talk about how bad the weight cut is might make me lay some more.
Cerrone isnt exactly going down a division in that sense, he was a 155er for a long time who moved up to 170 and is going back down to 155, i wouldnt be surprised if Cowboy subs him like he did to Mike Perry, who was younger and bigger than him.

if he can produce more KOs like this, it won't matter (as much) what he says. but to be safe he needs to rack up IG followers

giphy.gif
Chin up, hands up, flat footed, no head movement. Could that target be an easier to hit?

Cerrone isnt exactly going down a division in that sense, he was a 155er for a long time who moved up to 170 and is going back down to 155, i wouldnt be surprised if Cowboy subs him like he did to Mike Perry, who was younger and bigger than him.

I realize he use to fight 155 when he was younger. That is what makes it worse to me. The fact he had to move up in weight when he was younger tells me he had issues then. So going down now older should be that much harder. Don't see this fight going good for Cowboy, picturing a TIll type performance.

It’s the best way to promote yourself. Watch when he mauls Donald people will be calling for him to fight Khabib

Watching the press conference right now and he really knows how to talk and sell a fight. Add the fact that he is good looking, has finishes, has an exciting fighting style and is super young and you have a star in your hands.

I think he's going to destroy Cowboy and from then on the hype train will leave the station.
lol. you can't force someone to like you. Just fight.

He is a douche, but that doesn't hurt his chances of becoming a star. I think this was a terrible fight for Cowboy to take. It's Leon Edwards all over again, except this time he's gonna get knocked out.

I couldn't agree more. He is incredibly articulate. I strive to be that articulate when I have time to write something, let alone having cameras in my face and insane nerves in my belly (I'm assuming). That was his first real big moment, and he hit a home run.

He's a prick, too, which goes well with a strong vocabulary. I actually hope he wins because I want to see him at more press conferences.

He looked like a 12 year old about to run home from school and post shit on Sherdog for 6 hours.

Dude is straight Alpha... fighting is the perfect profession for him.

Back