Alexander Gustafsson vs JDS

Whatever man, ill give you the chins, still no debate with the other 3.

What world do you live in where fighting a former UFC champion with a pile of skulls for a resume AND giving up power, strength, 20 pounds, experience etc isn't a problem?

Gus has a few attributes which have never been tested against HWs (but your opinion is that he is better in those areas) and you think that means fuck all against a monster like JDS?

JDS KO round 1.

No I don't. Gus is LHW, JDS is HW, and there's a reason for that. Thus, let's quit being dummies and let's try to make MMA a real sport, not sports entertaintment

Everything Gus is good at , JDS is even better..
Not to mention his superior chin, power and strength..
Not even sure Gus would have a speed advantage so..

JDS is light on his feet, but his footwork is nothing great.
Gus on the other hand is getting better and better at using angles.
I'd pick JDS to win without a blink, but Gus has a chance.

Have to give it to JDS he has the speed of a LHW with the size and power of a HW

I don't get it, you think Junior Dos Santos has faster hands,better footwork, and better boxing skills?

JDS has way better punch variety than Gus.
Gus could be better in the pocket, but even if you're more skilled, you don't want to be there with JDS.
I wouldn't be so sure about handspeed, when JDS throws hard his hands go at lightspeed.

JDS has way better punch variety than Gus.
Gus could be better in the pocket, but even if you're more skilled, you don't want to be there with JDS.
I wouldn't be so sure about handspeed, when JDS throws hard his hands go at lightspeed.

Punch variety, Gus has dropped people with an uppercut,left hook, right hook, jab, and a straight. What more variety do you need lol.

Like Gus more, but only way I see this ending is with Gus getting KOd. They have weight classes for a reason.

Punch variety, Gus has dropped people with an uppercut,left hook, right hook, jab, and a straight. What more variety do you need lol.

Of course they both know the basic punches, JDS is just better at using them, while Gus is better in the pocket and using combos, JDS closes distance and snipes you with a single shot that's well timed and well chosen (the guy leads with a fucking uppercut a great deal and gets away with it because of good decisions and perfect execution).

I was going to comment, but then I saw your av...

Of course they both know the basic punches, JDS is just better at using them, while Gus is better in the pocket and using combos, JDS closes distance and snipes you with a single shot that's well timed and well chosen (the guy leads with a fucking uppercut a great deal and gets away with it because of good decisions and perfect execution).

Yeah, Junior Dos Santos is a fucking monster no doubt in my heart, but he's not a better boxer than Gustafsson.

Gustaffson by better all round stand up. May get a few sneaky takedowns in there as well. JDS has more power but Alex has more diverse stand up. Don't forget JDS slows down big time so the longer the fight, the more alex wins this.

JDS has a lot of power in his hands but Gus has footwork. I think to make it fair Gus would have to improve his wrestling to implement and GNP to be competitive. JDS is tough.

no way gus is wrestling jds to the ground or even trip him. jds's balance is too good. gus may land a few but jds would either ko the f out or batter him a barrage before tko'ing him on the ground.

Yeah, Junior Dos Santos is a fucking monster no doubt in my heart, but he's not a better boxer than Gustafsson.

They have a different game. Gus has better speed and footwork, and generally better technique - Dos Santos knows the rules but he breaks them on purpose. If you land with obscene power when you throw, and you are a guy that tends to land... you can throw how you like.

Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson may as well have chins carved of granite but one Dos Santos punch sent both of those men cartwheeling backwards to the canvas. When Dos Santos hits guys it looks like a cartoon.

Back