Alexander Gustafsson vs JDS

Gustaffson by better all round stand up. May get a few sneaky takedowns in there as well. JDS has more power but Alex has more diverse stand up. Don't forget JDS slows down big time so the longer the fight, the more alex wins this.

Lol you'll never let up. You're just a natural born hater.

why do people keep trying to feed lhw's to jds?
jds can pretty much DESTROY the entire hw division.
the only man to match jds is cain.

but you need to understand that NO lhw has a
chance against JDS.

Punch variety, Gus has dropped people with an uppercut,left hook, right hook, jab, and a straight. What more variety do you need lol.

And how do you expect him to beat JDS please ?
Aside from a decision he certainly won't KO him, I've always thought Gus's power was WAY overrated and the Jones fight proved that.
Vera, Griffin etc. can hype their training partner power all they want but the fact are that he lacks one shot KO power, he couldn't even KO Thiago Silva who isn't exactly known for his granite chin, and didn't even drop Jon Jones while he tagged him countless times.
He also relies way too rarely on longer combos ( bad thing because it put Jones on the backfoot every time he did)
The speed difference wouldn't be big if any and Gus has horrible boxing defense ( like JDS imo ) , and defense for that matter..
He gets tagged way too much but only goes away with it because of his very good chin, which in my opinion certainly wouldn't hold against JDS overhand.
Jones went full Travis Browne with his high kicks and until the later part of the fight was landing most of them, not to mention the spinning elbows which he also attempted many times before landing it.

I don't think a fight with Dos Santos would end well for Gus

I really don't understand why people even ask themselves this question..
JDS is a man , Gustaffson is a little kid .

Do you really think Gustaffson could eat a right hand from JDS ? it would send him flying across the octagon literally.
Please quit being delusional.

So many dumbasses on this board these days. If they fought at a catch weight (weighed the same) JDS would only have a slight power advantage and Gus's boxing is cleaner with better defende. It would be an awesome war that any striking fan should be stoked to see. I'd pick JDS but it would not be surprising for Gus to take it.

Yup so many dumbasses is right you included. Even if it's at a catchweight. Look at the physical difference between the 2. Just because they meet at a weight doesn't mean they will have the same build. JDS would kill GUS and it wouldn't even last probably 2 minutes!

Last edited:
Gus has faster hands, is more technical and a very good counter puncher and moves well. JDS has never fought a boxer like Gus at HW and there are no fighters at HW with Gus's boxing, counters and handspeed.

I think JDS has good power to put Gus on his ass but I think the fight would be competitive and Gus has better movement than JDS, faster hands than JDS and has a very good chin.

JDS can do what he does at HW in terms of striking because he is faster than everyone else but in this fight he would be the man with the slower hands and movement but power.

I think the fight would be competitive and if JDS cant knock out Gus, I see Gus winning by decision. HW has never been anything special but slow strikers and slow fighters with power. I dont think JDS does as well with his striking at LHW with the faster strikers and fighters. If CroCop can touch up JDS with straight left hands in their fight, Gus will find a home.

Yes and gsp should fight vitor Belfort and it would be a good striking match. UMM no

The thread topic is a bit strange and unfair since weightclasses is there for a reason. In a couple of years thou when Gus has grown even more in to his frame i think this matchup could be a possibility and be very competitive. With this said...
I don't think a fight with Dos Santos would end well for Gus

You also gave Gus absolutely no chance to even be competitive against Jones. Or against Shogun. Plus you claim he "ducked" against Mousasi... LOL.

GTFO,

Footwork:Gustafsson
Hand-Speed:Gustafsson
Boxing skills-Gustafsson
Chin- Draw,and I'm being generous to JDS since he got dropped by Cain
Power: Easily JDS
Strength: Draw maybe.

Dude footwork hand speed boxing skills and all that doesn't matter when you are physically incapable of taking damage from your opponent and physical incapable of hurting him. Its like man vs a child it doesn't matter the heart, technique, skill its called physics. JDS destroys gus and any lhw in the division

JDS is light on his feet, but his footwork is nothing great.
Gus on the other hand is getting better and better at using angles.
I'd pick JDS to win without a blink, but Gus has a chance.

Every fight your in your going to get hit its fighting. Jones spinning elbow probably has a third the power of one of jds punches. There is a reason weight classes were made. JDS kills any lhw in the ufc

The thread topic is a bit strange and unfair since weightclasses is there for a reason. In a couple of years thou when Gus has grown even more in to his frame i think this matchup could be a possibility and be very competitive. With this said...

You also gave Gus absolutely no chance to even be competitive against Jones. Or against Shogun. Plus you claim he "ducked" against Mousasi... LOL.

Picking against someone because of skills is one thing. Yes Gus overcame that and did great vs jones. Picking against someone based on physics is different. In order for one fighter to beat another fighter he has to have the physics to use his skills in the first place. JDS would slaughter GUS

What's scary is, despite Gustafsson being in a division with faster guys, JDS may not be at a hand speed disadvantage here.

It's crazy how one fight will mess people minds up so much.

Gustafsson does not have better 'mma boxing' than JDS. Simple as that.

After some serious use of steroids and bulking... who could know. But I think JDS for this one, however Gus is really fast and may outstrike him

LOL. JDS would knock him out of MMA.

Just being realistic.

Gustaffson by better all round stand up. May get a few sneaky takedowns in there as well. JDS has more power but Alex has more diverse stand up. Don't forget JDS slows down big time so the longer the fight, the more alex wins this.

JDS slows down big time? Yeah, because Gus didn't looked fatigued at all in the 4th and 5th round against Jones.

Back