Alexander Gustafsson vs JDS

Its a toss up to be honest. Theres not as much difference between HW and LHW as you think, especially one of the biggest LHW's and a decent sized HW. Its not a huge difference, like say a LW fighting a MW

lol

JDS would drop him in the 2nd and get a TKO.

i think Gus speed will be a bit too much for JDS and i don't think JDS will do any takedown.
it's going to be a stand up boxing match.
i could see Gus jabbing JDS face to bloody mess while JDS just pull back and miss, rinse repeat.
JDS is slower than Gus.
Gus would probably weigh about 230 pounds while JDS weigh about 239, i don't think there's much of a difference there.

JDS last fight Cain, he got whoop so bad and got outstruck by Cain lol.
funny how Kongo rock Cain badly all 3 rounds lol.
then Kongo got punch and choke out by Mir so easily. then again, Vera destroy Mir at HW and Jones destroy Vera.
yeah MMAth again, but because stupid people think weight win everything meaning MMAth is working for them.

hey Cormier couldn't even take Mir down, couldn't even finished Mir and so tire against Mir.
hey Vera finished Mir in the 2nd round, Vera is better than Cormier.
hey Jones finished Vera in the 1st round.
Jones=Gus > Vera > Mir=<Cormier =<Cain > JDS > rest of HW division

i think Gus speed will be a bit too much for JDS and i don't think JDS will do any takedown.
i could see Gus jabbing JDS face to bloody mess while JDS just pull back and miss, rinse repeat.
JDS is slower than Gus.
Gus would probably weigh about 230 pounds while JDS weigh about 239, i don't think there's much of a difference there.

JDS last fight Cain, he got whoop so bad and got outstruck by Cain lol.
funny how Kongo rock Cain badly all 3 rounds lol.
then Kongo got punch and choke out by Mir so easily. then again, Vera destroy Mir at HW and Jones destroy Vera.
yeah MMAth again, but because stupid people think weight win everything meaning MMAth is working for them.

hey Cormier couldn't even take Mir down, couldn't even finished Mir and so tire against Mir.
hey Vera finished Mir in the 2nd round, Vera is better than Cormier.
hey Jones finished Vera in the 1st round.
Jones=Gus > Vera > Mir=<Cormier =<Cain > JDS > rest of HW division

Not only your english is terrible, you're super annoying and dumb too.

I think it's a pretty even matchup, but JDS would definitely be the favourite.

JDS has a heavier base, more power and a great chin, but he fades in later rounds, sometimes big.

Gustafsson has better footwork and angles, but less power and and is lighter. It's hard to say that JDS has a better chin, because Gustafsson has taken bombs and not gotten dropped.

Gustafsson is better with trips and in the clinch, but again, he is not as heavy and probably not as strong as JDS.

I see a hard fought decision win for JDS if he fights from the outside. If he takes it to Gustafsson and can walk him down, he might get the stoppage. That is hard if Gustafsson uses his footwork and fights like he did in the Jones fight though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gus should be fighting in his natural weight class of hw, hes damn near 6'6"

Would be a fun fight.

But JDS is used to fight much more powerfull guys. Gus is not used to get punched that hard, JDS is used to getting punches much harder.

JDS's power and speed will win him this fight IMO.

I think it's a pretty even matchup, but JDS would definitely be the favourite.

JDS has a heavier base, more power and a great chin, but he fades in later rounds, sometimes big.

Gustafsson has better footwork and angles, but less power and and is lighter. It's hard to say that JDS has a better chin, because Gustafsson has taken bombs and not gotten dropped.

Gustafsson is better with trips and in the clinch, but again, he is not as heavy and probably not as strong as JDS.

I see a hard fought decision win for JDS if he fights from the outside. If he takes it to Gustafsson and can walk him down, he might get the stoppage. That is hard if Gustafsson uses his footwork and fights like he did in the Jones fight though.
Good post.
It's not often you actually see posters breaking stuff down reasonably and objectively.

Makes a nice change from the constant idiotic hyperbole

Why would you want Gus in a coma?

The catchweight would have to be like 230. Either way, I see JDS beating Gus on this one.

I don't think Gus can really stick and move on JDS. I see JDS eventually catching him and Gus tumbling down.

Every time a fighter enjoys great success in one division, I know I can head over to Sherdog and read about how he should fight a similarly-successful fighter one weight class up.

Without fail.

Gus would give him trouble with his footwork.

This matchup is not as outlandish as some might think.
Its a toss up to be honest. Theres not as much difference between HW and LHW as you think, especially one of the biggest LHW's and a decent sized HW. Its not a huge difference, like say a LW fighting a MW

+30 more batshit stupid replies.
Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif

Im seriously close to leaving this forum.

Back