• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Alex Pereira tells story about his losses during amateur career

concession accepted

Also lucky the ref and horn were there to stop him from getting KOd early

Israel_Adesanya_Vs_Alex_Pereira_FULL_FIGHT_HIGHLIGHTS_UFC_28.gif
You are the butthurt salty Izzy fan of my dreams. Your suffering amuses me. your boy got slept

Adesanya should've won the first fight though

Periera getting lucky the next two with late KOs when losing both fights on the scorecards.

Lucky??!! You're a fool..

Adesanya and AP have their strengths, weaknesses and approaches.. they are both very aware of what they are doing..

They take these things into the fight with eachother, and AP won the game..

Patience and consistency won AP the second.

Strategicly placed leg kicks won AP in the third.

Edit: read your other posts in this thread, you're a can.

This doesn't make sense.... Either he got his amateur record wrong or doesn't realize he lost to a legit guy....

Alex has an amateur kickboxing loss recorded against Sergej Maslobojev who's a LHW.... Who's one of the best in the world, current GLORY champ, hasn't lost her in GLORY and hasn't lost in years in pros and his only loss in the last 6 years was by MD

If his amateur record is 25-3.... Wouldn't that mean he lost to Sergej 3 times? And if so Sergej is a world class talent not some mechanic lol.... So either he doesn't realize how good Sergej is now which seems unlikely as he still follows kickboxing or he doesn't have 3 losses in amateurs to same guy

i'm digging his brutal honesty in these interviews. seems like a really humble guy too. starting to become a fan.

What's this loser mentality, about accepting you're "always going to lose to a bad stylistic match-up"?

Izzy shouldn't "Accept he'll never beat Pereira", that is how a mentally weak person who gives up thinks.

Pereira has uncharacteristically shown a rare achilles heel in his mental armour here.

Look what Trump achieved in 2016, everything was stacked against him and he still achieved an amazing feat, he certainly didn't do that by letting anybody else dictate how he felt about his own capabilities and his chances of winning.
If Trump lost 3 elections in a row, you think he’d still run?

If Trump lost 3 elections in a row, you think he’d still run?

Yes, because he's not a quitter.

If his dream was to be President and he'd lost 3 times, a positive mentality would be that he found 3 ways that didn't work, not that he lost 3 times so he can't win ever.

The guy who started KFC I believe failed at like 5+ businesses before starting one (KFC) that became a success.

Alex had the humility to admit he can't beat someone and they just had his number but Izzy doesn't want to admit it.
Just cool to see him say that, he even said he thinks that same guy would win. It's not a weakness in his mind, but, a humility of his own personal fear that drives him. He is driven by the idea that he is a human being that needs the path of knowing losing is right around the corner so to win you must do your best to be the best version of yourself...Conor lost that a long time ago.

Fighting is like treading water in the middle of the ocean, you shred water, you eventually get engulfed by the water till you sink....I guess I never put this out here but I saw that In Jon Jones when his last fight with Reyes was close. Jon was sinking...GSP was sinking after Hendricks....you have to figure so many people are observing your skill set...eventually you get figured out until you become normal and the swamp gets bigger....this happens to all the greats...fighting is like that.

Back