• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Alex Pereira Fires At Islam/Grappling Critics: "Not My Fault Some Guys Take Longer" - "Gotta Accept I'm DIFFERENT"

Id take Jones, DC, Gus, Rumble,Rashad, Machida, Shogun and Glover at their peaks to beat Alex more times than not. Better , more well rounded fighters. Alex arguably lost to 41 year old Jan. I can't believe I have to explain all these guys are better than 41 year old Jan.

I also think there were guys who could surprise Alex too like LHW Anderson, Chuck,Hendo, Randy, Wand, Tito, young Overeem. All these guys had the skills to beat Alex and I'd argue these guys at their peak were also better than 41 year old Jan.
Perieria probably beats all those guys except Roid Jones, DC,and maybe Randy if he can get him down. And he still could find a way to beat them too.

Being more well rounded dont mean dick if you cant stop the guy from knocking you out.

Alex gets taken down, defends well, and (with his massive size and frame, and total training TO get up) ... gets up and KOs them all, because none of them has a chance striking with him.
izzy a c level wrestler took him down
also kod him

I think your opinion is based on a dislike of Poatan, seriously most of the fighters you named would not be able to beat him:

Gus - Thats laughable, zero ground game and his standup is nowhere near as good, also chin was suspect even in his prime
DC - Looking back at his record I guess he was a LHW 10 years ago, so yes I will agree with this one, his wrestling and pressure would have likely been too much for Poatan
Rumble - No, just no...heavy hitter but that was about it, super entertaining though - RIP
Rashad - Ha fuck no, too small and not strong enough to implement his wrestling and even if he did Shad was never great at submissions or cardio so any success he had in wrestling would be limited
Machida - Too small, it would have been a fun fight but as great as Machida's standup was his chin was never solid and Alex would have eventually hit him (however it is possible Machida could have evaded like he did so many times in his career and won a decision)
Glover - 50/50 and that's only if Glover decided to wrestle, which he only started to do late in his career.
Jones - Would beat Alex 100%

Wand, Tito, Chuck > WTF...honestly? As much as a loved that area of LHW's they would stand zero chance of beating Alex even in their prime.

As for all of the above being better than 41 yr old Jan...fuck off lol, Jan has been at his best over the last 2-4 years.
i say rashad beats him

i dont think poatan will perform at his best in striking
if he knows hes fighting a wrestler
theres a big pressure when fighting a wrestler

izzy a c level wrestler took him down
also kod him

Izzy was never able to take Alex down.

Alex tried to take Izzy down, and Izzy did a slick reversal. Every time Izzy tried on his own, he failed to take Pereira down.

Finally, Izzy was getting his ass handed to him in that second MMA fight — but did a terrific job countering off the ropes.

Izzy is also the second-highest-level striker in the division: he absolutely has outclassed everyone he's faced — except Pereira, and now, Strickland.

I think that Strickland fight was more of a lack of balls than anything else.

15 years ago the LHW champion was Machida who also has a McDojo black belt.

And would be left in a body bag if he had to fight Pereira.
The stupidity of your posts continues. Lol at a 2009 account calling Walter Broca a McDojo.

Id take Jones, DC, Gus, Rumble,Rashad, Machida, Shogun and Glover at their peaks to beat Alex more times than not. Better , more well rounded fighters. Alex arguably lost to 41 year old Jan. I can't believe I have to explain all these guys are better than 41 year old Jan.

I also think there were guys who could surprise Alex too like LHW Anderson, Chuck,Hendo, Randy, Wand, Tito, young Overeem. All these guys had the skills to beat Alex and I'd argue these guys at their peak were also better than 41 year old Jan.
I like that your entire argument against Pereira is that he had a close fight with Jan that he won precisely because Jan faded in a 3 round fight while Pereira didn't and so took over in rounds 2-3.

You do know that championship fights are 5 rounds right? How exactly do you think that fight ends if it had been 5 rounds like all of Alex's championship fights are?

Perieria probably beats all those guys except Roid Jones, DC,and maybe Randy if he can get him down. And he still could find a way to beat them too.

Being more well rounded dont mean dick if you cant stop the guy from knocking you out.

Sorry buddy but 41 year old journey man Jan isnt better than prime Machida, prime Shogun, prime Glover, prime Rumble, prime Rashad , prime Rampage, prime Wand, prime Randy , prime Hendo, prime LHW Anderson etc..

Id pick all of these guys to beat Poatan more times than not.

I'd also give a very good chance to guys like prime Bader, Phil Davis, Corey Anderson, Tito, Young Overeem, Lil Nog to give Poatan all he could handle.

Poatan fanboys are so out of control that they think he'd beat anyone ever besides Jones and DC even though he arguably lost to 41 year old journey man Jan and looked lost on the ground against purple belt Izzy. Insane.

Alex is following the trajectory of everyone else who gets a couple KOs against favorable match ups and suddenly "nobody but prime Jones and DC could ever beat him."

Classic, delusional fanboy cycle which will be corrected soon and a new cope cycle will begin.

The stupidity of your posts continues. Lol at a 2009 account calling Walter Broca a McDojo.
So your position is that we can't call Machida a McDojo black belt because he got his from Walter Broca, who's a great grappler, but we can call Alex a McDojo black belt despite getting his from Glover Texeira who's also a great grappler?

200w.gif

Sorry buddy but 41 year old journey man Jan isnt better than prime Machida, prime Shogun, prime Glover, prime Rumble, prime Rashad , prime Rampage, prime Wand, prime Randy , prime Hendo, prime LHW Anderson etc..

I'd also give a very good chance to guys like prime Bader, Phil Davis, Corey Anderson, Tito, Young Overeem, Lil Nog to give Poatan all he could handle.

Poatan fanboys are so out of control that they think he'd beat anyone ever besides Joned and DC even though he arguably lost to 41 year old journey man Jan and looked lost on the ground against purple belt Izzy.

Alex is following the trajectory of everyone else who gets a couple KOs against favorable match ups and suddenly nobody but prime Jones and DC could ever beat him.

Classic delusional fanboy cycle which will be corrected soon and a new cope cycle will begin.
TL/DR
Chama/Oss

So your position is that we can't call Machida a McDojo black belt because he got his from Walter Broca, who's a great grappler, but we can call Alex a McDojo black belt despite getting his from Glover Texeira who's also a great grappler?

200w.gif

Besides getting his black belt from a multi time mundials gold medalist who doesn't give out black belts Machida competed in tournaments as a black belt and held his own against ex world champions. I've seen him roll with Rickson Gracie black belt Kevin Casey at Blackhouse- a guy who won a gold medal at the worlds as a brown belt and Machida was competitive with him. Just admit you're a chump who doesn't have any life experience so you spew nonsense on the internet to get a rise out of strangers. Biggest 🐀 on this forum.

Poatan fanboys are so out of control that they think he'd beat anyone ever besides Jones and DC even though he arguably lost to 41 year old journey man Jan and looked lost on the ground against purple belt Izzy. Insane.

Alex is following the trajectory of everyone else who gets a couple KOs against favorable match ups and suddenly "nobody but prime Jones and DC could ever beat him."

Classic, delusional fanboy cycle which will be corrected soon and a new cope cycle will begin.
41 year old Jan was coming off a draw with Ank. Who I'm sure you think would beat Pereira.

1719594206877.png

What a shitty fighter

Besides getting his black belt from a multi time mundials gold medalist who doesn't give out black belts Machida competed in tournaments as a black belt and held his own against ex world champions. I've seen him roll with Rickson Gracie black belt Kevin Casey at Blackhouse- a guy who won a gold medal at the worlds as a brown belt and Machida was competitive with him. Just admit you're a chump who doesn't have any life experience so you spew nonsense on the internet to get a rise out of strangers. Biggest 🐀 on this forum.
Machida has been outgrappled a hell of a lot more times, and far worse, than Pereira has.

VqjQ53.gif

Me thinks you're the one who needs to admit you just have some weird hate boner for Pereira. Which of your favourite fighters did he beat?

I think your opinion is based on a dislike of Poatan, seriously most of the fighters you named would not be able to beat him:

Gus - Thats laughable, zero ground game and his standup is nowhere near as good, also chin was suspect even in his prime
DC - Looking back at his record I guess he was a LHW 10 years ago, so yes I will agree with this one, his wrestling and pressure would have likely been too much for Poatan
Rumble - No, just no...heavy hitter but that was about it, super entertaining though - RIP
Rashad - Ha fuck no, too small and not strong enough to implement his wrestling and even if he did Shad was never great at submissions or cardio so any success he had in wrestling would be limited
Machida - Too small, it would have been a fun fight but as great as Machida's standup was his chin was never solid and Alex would have eventually hit him (however it is possible Machida could have evaded like he did so many times in his career and won a decision)
Glover - 50/50 and that's only if Glover decided to wrestle, which he only started to do late in his career.
Jones - Would beat Alex 100%

Wand, Tito, Chuck > WTF...honestly? As much as a loved that area of LHW's they would stand zero chance of beating Alex even in their prime.

As for all of the above being better than 41 yr old Jan...fuck off lol, Jan has been at his best over the last 2-4 years.

What you are is a noob and delusional fanboy.

Gus has no ground game? Gus took down both prime Jones and prime DC and would have been the best wrestler Poatan ever fought. Gus out classed Jan on the ground too who LnP Poatan with ease.

Rashad went 5 rounds with peak juiced up Jones and beat Rampage, Liddell, Forrest and Phil Davis. Prime Rashad was better than 41 year old Journey man Jan. Can't believe this has to be explained.

Machida too small? Lol Machida would ragdoll Alex to the ground with ease and run a train on Alex sorry ass ground game which was getting exposed by Izzy of all people.

Prime Glover would do the same. So would Randy. So would Hendo.

You're a noob and a delusional fanboy. Sit quietly while the adults talk.

Last edited:
Machida has been outgrappled a hell of a lot more times, and far worse, than Pereira has.

VqjQ53.gif

Me thinks you're the one who needs to admit you just have some weird hate boner for Pereira. Which of your favourite fighters did he beat?

Yea Machida getting submitted by a juiced up prime Jon Jones means he's a "macdojo black belt" according to Mark the 🐀 from the internet with zero real life experience.

I kid you not you're the most garbage ass poster on sherdog. Straight up chump

🐀🤡

I'm still waiting for him to be challenged by a well-rounded fighter or a grappling-oriented fighter. We have no idea what his skills are like.

We saw him get LnPd by 41 yead old Jan and look lost against Izzy on the ground. That tells me all I need to know about his chances against the top dogs of the previous era who knew how to mix it up.

Yea Machida getting submitted by a juiced up prime Jon Jones means he's a "macdojo black belt" according to Mark the 🐀 from the internet with zero real life experience.

I kid you not you're the most garbage ass poster on sherdog. Straight up chump

🐀🤡
I can pull up him getting triangled by past prime Tito of all people if you want.

You're also missing the actual point which is that you're holding Pereira to standards you don't hold plenty of other fighters to. Cause you just hate Pereira for some reason.

We saw him get LnPd by 41 yead old Jan and look lost against Izzy on the ground. That tells me all I need to know about his chances against the top dogs of the previous era who knew how to mix it up.

You keep bringing up Jan, but I don't think you remember that fight very well if you're claiming lay n pray. Jan took almost 2 mins to get a TD cause Alex was defending well, and when he did, he actually had back control on Alex and was working for a choke in the entire grappling sequence. Alex was just defending the choke during the grappling, he wasn't lay n prayed. Alex showed good sub defense in the grappling and wasn't letting Jan advance.

To use this example isn't very good. There are many good grapplers that get caught in that position. I mean Edwards had Usman in a deeper position working for a choke, doesn't mean Usman is a shit grappler. While Alex is not close to Usman in grappling, the point stands that it's not really something that you should jump on a guy for.

Going back to LHW, guys like Davis and Bader are nightmares for Alex, even a Corey Anderson is a tough fight, they're heavy grappling focused fighters. Jones and DC would beat him if they decide to grapple. But guys like Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Hendo, Gus, all pretty even fight vs Alex.

Back