• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Alex Pereira Fires At Islam/Grappling Critics: "Not My Fault Some Guys Take Longer" - "Gotta Accept I'm DIFFERENT"

Jan won the belt. He is not a journeyman.

When you win the belt you cant be called that anymore.

His record shows he is not a journeyman.

Sit down Ludwig.

he won the belt in the shittiest LHW division in 20 years and never defended it.

He'll always be a journeyman man.

he won the belt in the shittiest LHW division in 20 years and never defended it.

He'll always be a journeyman man.
You dont even know what you are talking about.

He beat the guy who beat Jon Jones for that belt.

"oh i dont count him as being a champ cos i didnt like the div back then"

<3><3><3><3><3>

You dont even know what you are talking about.

He beat the guy who beat Jon Jones for that belt.

"oh i dont count him as being a champ cos i didnt like the div back then"

<3><3><3><3><3>

He never beat anyone who beat Jon Jones.

What's he supposed to say, "Yeah, Islam is right, this guy is going to grapple fuck me?", lol.

At the end of the day, Pereira has ducked no one, taking on everyone they've offered him, on short notice multiple times no less.

He's supremely confident in his skills and believes he'll win. It's part of why he's a double champ in two sports. Ankalaev may beat him, maybe not. Ankalaev should fight more often to secure a title shot considering he quit the last time a decision didn't go his way. Islam championing the wrestling of someone he knows is a non story in my eyes.
IMO this is just the perfect response.
Every wrestler will look to wrestlefuck Alex. He knows that!

And it is documented that he has been working very hard with a great guy in Glover Teixeira, that has good grappling, and you can see how much he improved already.
Is it enough? That we will only know when they fight.

Ankalaev as champ would kill the decision. He never fights, and when he does it's either extremely boring or bizarre. Hopefully he never gets another shot.

Delusional fanboy lol

Alex is less evolved than every LHW champion from the last 18 years
What <lmao>????
Hill, Jan, Jiri, Forrest Griffin,Rampage,... already come to mind lol. And he would probably beat the living crap out of a washed up Shogun (post pride and knee surgery one) who was just plodding forward and had no ground threat. Glover, Jones and Dc are the only ones i see giving him real trouble. Even Machida and Evans might be a in trouble vs him since they're so much smaller.

Last edited:
No doubt Alex could knock Islam…out but….Islam could probably take Alex down and do whatever he wants to him from that point. Islam’s grappling is that good.

IMO this is just the perfect response.
Every wrestler will look to wrestlefuck Alex. He knows that!

And it is documented that he has been working very hard with a great guy in Glover Teixeira, that has good grappling, and you can see how much he improved already.
Is it enough? That we will only know when they fight.
It reminds me a lot of the Anderson Silva talk. "As soon as he faces a wrestler he'll lose" And like Alex with Glover, Anderson had Nogueira. When the wrestlers did get Anderson down, they got submitted.

Love Alex, to be fair though, if he came to LHW most of the last decade DC or Jon Jones was champ..

Alex Pereira would more than likely never have become champion

You don't know this for a fact and are talking out of your ass

Ankalaev as champ would kill the decision. He never fights, and when he does it's either extremely boring or bizarre. Hopefully he never gets another shot.
Honeslty, that would be a really stupid decision by the UFC. Why make the most exciting guy they have right now who knocks people out, saves cards, fights all the time, fight a dude who would lay on him for 25min and then fight every 3 yrs while doing it in broing fashion. Keep Ankalaev away from Alex, we want exciting and loads of title fights and Alex only has a couple more good years left.

Honeslty, that would be a really stupid decision by the UFC. Why make the most exciting guy they have right now who knocks people out, saves cards, fights all the time, fight a dude who would lay on him for 25min
Tough shit. If he cant stop that from happening, then he dont deserve to be the champion anymore.

Honeslty, that would be a really stupid decision by the UFC. Why make the most exciting guy they have right now who knocks people out, saves cards, fights all the time, fight a dude who would lay on him for 25min and then fight every 3 yrs while doing it in broing fashion. Keep Ankalaev away from Alex, we want exciting and loads of title fights and Alex only has a couple more good years left.
Not saying Ankalaev will beat Alex, but what you are calling for is basically WWE style management. It is basically as close to rigging a division as you can get without paying someone to take the fall.

Alex looked lost on the ground against Izzy. His game is very defensive. He's a survivalist when it comes to BJJ. This works against guys like Izzy, Jiri and Jan but the elite LHWs from 10-15 years ago would run a train on his ground game and violate heem.
I'm still waiting for him to be challenged by a well-rounded fighter or a grappling-oriented fighter. We have no idea what his skills are like.

Islam’s salty that Alex already has already amassed a greater legacy than him in fraction of the time.
How many top ten opponents has Islam fought now? One? Two? Is he still saying he wants to move to another division because he cleared this one out? Islam isn't doing himself any favours in this regard.

Id take Jones, DC, Gus, Rumble,Rashad, Machida, Shogun and Glover at their peaks to beat Alex more times than not. Better , more well rounded fighters. Alex arguably lost to 41 year old Jan. I can't believe I have to explain all these guys are better than 41 year old Jan.

I also think there were guys who could surprise Alex too like LHW Anderson, Chuck,Hendo, Randy, Wand, Tito, young Overeem. All these guys had the skills to beat Alex and I'd argue these guys at their peak were also better than 41 year old Jan.
I think your opinion is based on a dislike of Poatan, seriously most of the fighters you named would not be able to beat him:

Gus - Thats laughable, zero ground game and his standup is nowhere near as good, also chin was suspect even in his prime
DC - Looking back at his record I guess he was a LHW 10 years ago, so yes I will agree with this one, his wrestling and pressure would have likely been too much for Poatan
Rumble - No, just no...heavy hitter but that was about it, super entertaining though - RIP
Rashad - Ha fuck no, too small and not strong enough to implement his wrestling and even if he did Shad was never great at submissions or cardio so any success he had in wrestling would be limited
Machida - Too small, it would have been a fun fight but as great as Machida's standup was his chin was never solid and Alex would have eventually hit him (however it is possible Machida could have evaded like he did so many times in his career and won a decision)
Glover - 50/50 and that's only if Glover decided to wrestle, which he only started to do late in his career.
Jones - Would beat Alex 100%

Wand, Tito, Chuck > WTF...honestly? As much as a loved that area of LHW's they would stand zero chance of beating Alex even in their prime.

As for all of the above being better than 41 yr old Jan...fuck off lol, Jan has been at his best over the last 2-4 years.

Back