• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aldo willing to throw next fight to quickly finish UFC contract.

Throwing a fight is the biggest middle finger to yourself. His name will get dragged through mud and he'll get dragged through court.

not really, especially as he said he's willing to take this matter to court. don't tell me you don't want to see how ufc would respond after aldo pulls a stunt of not fighting during a fight forced on him.. . .

Even if he tried, he would have trouble losing faster than he did when Conor absolutely embarrassed him.
True...cuz beating a flash fluke KO is near impossible

And Conor probably knows he won't beat him again, which is probably the reason we haven't and won't ever see that rematch

I don't like Jose as a person anymore. Respect as fighter but you know how many people hate thier contracts? Almost everyone. Even Conor cried about media with all his millions until Dana smacked him down until he fulfilled it like every man has to. Throwing fights is some bitch ass shit.

Some of you say but he was lied to or disrespected. I get that POV but at same time how many times, and how much money did Jose cost UFC for fights he pulled out of. Was UFC lied to? Did they recoup those loses? Naw. They let him do his thing. Now is the time to cut UFC some slack for all the slack they gave Jose. Called paying it back.

Last edited:
holy fuck conor really mentally destroyed him. From koing him, belittling him, and making him wait for a second ts.

Never seen a fighter fall apart mentally like this especially not a goat candidate

More like DW's lies and UFC's bullshit made Aldo want to leave.

not really, especially as he said he's willing to take this matter to court. don't tell me you don't want to see how ufc would respond after aldo pulls a stunt of not fighting during a fight forced on him.. . .

Oh hell yeah, I'd love to see them duke it out in court. Question is does Aldo have the balls to challenge the UFC like that?

Jose wont go near a court house. He has to know it's futile and wastes all the millions UFC gave him which he's extremely ungrateful for.

Was he trying to throw the conor fight also to quickly finish out the ufc contract?

if the ufc and its management had any class. they would say thank you for everything you done for us and you been a great champion and go different paths. I know people will say its business and they dont want him to go to competition. But we are dealings with human beings and just some respect is needed. This reminds me of Peter cech signing for Arsenal. He became second choice at Chelsea and said to Roman he wants to leave and doesnt want to move his family. Chelsea could have been bitches and said you cant go to Arsenal. But Roman said you been a legend for us and deserve all the respect and sold him to rival. I really dont think its good look one of the greatest fighters ever go to court with the ufc and have this ugly spat. Dana is piece of shit, so I dont expect anything from him. But hompefully people above him get involved

well, in football some humanity still exists, maybe because it's a sport with a real tradition.
i am an Inter FC supporter and i remember dozens of class\humanitarian acts by our president Moratti, stuff that Dana and his sychopants cannot even imagine.

He's on record saying he will throw the fight, and he has never tapped like that before. So, the athletic commission would ban him, the UFC would sue the fuck out of him, and no other promotion would touch a fighter that is willing to throw fights because he suddenly doesn't like his contract. He would be completely fucked. I would like to see him do it actually, just to see his life destroyed in further by his own stupidity.
Wow what a disgusting human being you are. Your mum must be proud

UFC has slowly killed my interest in mma.....i can see why Aldo is doing this.....what a circus mma have become.

I liked Aldo (just because I am brazilian) but I lost all respect for him when he said "Anytime, Anywhere" and then when he was offered the rematch (after RDA pulled out) he came out with some excuse... Plus I could not stand all his butthurt remarks.

I get it that he has a reason to be pissed off, as Dana did say McGregor had to give up FW belt to fight for LW belt, but shit happens...

I do not agree with what he wants to do, but at the same time, I know that he is not quitting UFC to fight in another promotion... That's for sure!

RMK: My "conspiracy theory" is that Aldo knows he will never be the same post-USADA/IV-ban so this is his way/excuse of retiring "as champ". Also, I think Aldo must have realized that he would most likely get KTFO again by McGregor, just like Barao was (by TJ).

holy fuck conor really mentally destroyed him. From koing him, belittling him, and making him wait for a second ts.

Never seen a fighter fall apart mentally like this especially not a goat candidate
Nah they treat him like shit when he has accomplished more than Conor ever will.

"If they release me, that would be great, but if not, what can we do? I have other projects and that depends on this meeting we're having with them. If I want to retire, no contract can stop me. I can go there and say (I'm retired) and they can't force me to fight. A lawyer already looked at the contract, but I don't want to fight (the UFC in court). I don't want anything. Ah, you want me to fight MMA again? So I'll get in there and tap right away, and the fight is over. I'd do it quickly. What I really want is other things for my life."

Seems like he is trying to jump ship to a rival promotion during a contract dispute ala Wanderlei. I'm sure he has had legal advice and they advised him not to fight the UFC in court, since he really doesn't have a case other than throwing him a b*tch fit for not getting what he wants. If he really does want other things for his life, he should consider that before signing the contract. He should just settle down and fight. Aldo vs Pettis, anyone?

Back