• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aldo willing to throw next fight to quickly finish UFC contract.

holy fuck conor really mentally destroyed him. From koing him, belittling him, and making him wait for a second ts.

Never seen a fighter fall apart mentally like this especially not a goat candidate

Former GOAT candidate. GOATS don't cry about title shots and contemplate throwing fights and quitting the sport. GOATS destroy all comers, belts be damned.

He didn't take the rematch because its wasn't for the belt, was at a weight class he hasn't touched in over a decade and he had just got off medical suspension.

It was an offer made to be refused.

No, it wasn't. It was an offer made to be accepted. It was what happens when guys pull out of fights at the last minute with injuries. When you aren't on top, you need to jump on those opportunities. Aldo didn't, and now he's complaining that no one is giving him opportunities.

He had also just a week or so before publicly written that a rematch with McGregor didn't need to be for the belt.

Just do it Aldo! Drag your name through mud, Conor bless!

The guy he fights should try to tap out faster.

The look on Aldo's face! Oh man!

Damn hate to say it, but Conor literally made Aldo run away from the sport.

If you're already in the cage, just give whoever a flying Cub Swanson kick to the face and take your paycheck. Don't go out like a bitch

This is true, so why doesn't he just do it and go play soccer or whatever. Obviously he can't just "retire" from the UFC and just stroll into Bellator, but he is free to leave the sport whenever he wants.

I'd be willing to guess his UFC contract would prevent him from being able to sign a contract in other sports.

Damn it Aldo... why ??

This move makes no sense for him. Really all he has to do is probably exercise some patience. Conor's fight with Eddie is just around the corner. If he loses which a lot of people seem to think he will, well now Jose is in a great spot. The only fight really Conor could have that would sell big-time would be that rematch. If he fights Nate again, then he loses his belt for sure. He's not fighting another light weight if he loses this fight. Now if he wins the fight then Jose must fight someone else and win impressively. He can continue on as the champion of that division while Conor fights at lightweight. Or he could even go up to lightweight and chase him down there. Lots of options here for him. But quitting. Walking away. Hurts his legacy immeasurably.

I don't understand. He said he wants out of his contract and also doesn't want to fight anymore... aka retirement. Why does he need the UFC to release him? I didn't realize your contract had to be up for you to stop fighting... right? They can't force him to fight.

I think what he wants is to be out of the UFC. I don't think getting a shot at Conor would change that. Him and his team have been talking about him retiring since before the first Conor fight.
I hadn't heard about that. If he was set up to fight Conor in UFC 205, I definitely doubt that he had tried to end his link with the UFC.

Damn hate to say it, but Conor literally made Aldo run away from the sport.

That's not what literally means. The only fighter that literally ran away after a loss was Forrest Griffin.

Aldo just outclassed the former lightweight champ. This isn't about him losing to Conor. It's about the way he has been treated by the UFC who shit on him in the past and fucked with him after the loss.

This move makes no sense for him. Really all he has to do is probably exercise some patience. Conor's fight with Eddie is just around the corner. If he loses which a lot of people seem to think he will, well now Jose is in a great spot. The only fight really Conor could have that would sell big-time would be that rematch. If he fights Nate again, then he loses his belt for sure. He's not fighting another light weight if he loses this fight. Now if he wins the fight then Jose must fight someone else and win impressively. He can continue on as the champion of that division while Conor fights at lightweight. Or he could even go up to lightweight and chase him down there. Lots of options here for him. But quitting. Walking away. Hurts his legacy immeasurably.
Totally agreed.

I hadn't heard about that. If he was set up to fight Conor in UFC 205, I definitely doubt that he had tried to end his link with the UFC.

Yeah, I'm just saying that I don't think it's all about this one instance; I think that this was just the straw that broke the camels back.

that would be the biggest middle finger statement vs UFC that aldo can do if the org insists on the contract. a must see.

Back