• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aldo willing to throw next fight to quickly finish UFC contract.

If he retires? No. But if he tries to fight somewhere else? yes.

No I mean, now that he has said he is willing to throw the fight, to just tap right after the fight starts.
Probably a strange question, but considering the bullshit you can sue people for in the USA...

McGregor is a factor in this.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/interi...-terminated-after-alvarez-vs-mcgregor-booking

“After all of this, I see I can’t trust a single word from president Dana White and that the person in charge of the event now is Conor McGregor,” Aldo said. “Since I’m not here to be McGregor’s employee, I ask for my contract with the UFC to be terminated."

Yea I see your point but that still doesn't mean mcgregor mentally ruined him it means Dana white got mentally ruined by mcgregor to allow him to run the company

No I mean, now that he has said he is willing to throw the fight, to just tap right after the fight starts.
Probably a strange question, but considering the bullshit you can sue people for in the USA...

I'm hoping that his emotions just got the best of him, but that would be a remarkably bad decision on his part. It would be very hard for him to get licensed to fight in almost every major promotion after that. I don't know what recourse the UFC would have at that point. You ask a good question.

Nonsense. the UFC operates within constraints, even if it is not as constrained as you or I might like it to be. The outcry that would have erupted if they had stripped McGregor of the belt immediately after he KOed Aldo would have made it a stupid thing for the UFC to do.

I never said to strip the belt immediately after his KO of Aldo. The 1st Diaz fight was acceptable because it was a late replacement but the 2nd was unnecessary and a "favor" to Conor by the UFC. Even the UFC itself said they would strip the LW title if he didn't defend after Diaz2 and now look where we are at. Was the UFC concerned about the outcry when they pulled Conor from ufc 200?
Please, the UFC has no constraints, whatever will bring more profits dominates what they do. Where was the constraint in signing CM Punk or giving a retired #13 ranked Hendo a TS?

I never said to strip the belt immediately after his KO of Aldo. The 1st Diaz fight was acceptable because it was a late replacement but the 2nd was unnecessary and a "favor" to Conor by the UFC. Even the UFC itself said they would strip the LW title if he didn't defend after Diaz2 and now look where we are at. Was the UFC concerned about the outcry when they pulled Conor from ufc 200?
Please, the UFC has no constraints, whatever will bring more profits dominates what they do. Where was the constraint in signing CM Punk or giving a retired #13 ranked Hendo a TS?

You said the UFC should have forced him to give Aldo an immediate rematch. The only leverage they have to do that is to threaten to strip the belt. What else would they do, talk to him sternly? They can't even force him to fight at a given weight class. What are they going to do, slap the bangers and mash out of his mouth to force him to diet? (Maybe they should, Irish and British food is awful.)

This move makes no sense for him. Really all he has to do is probably exercise some patience. Conor's fight with Eddie is just around the corner. If he loses which a lot of people seem to think he will, well now Jose is in a great spot. The only fight really Conor could have that would sell big-time would be that rematch. If he fights Nate again, then he loses his belt for sure. He's not fighting another light weight if he loses this fight. Now if he wins the fight then Jose must fight someone else and win impressively. He can continue on as the champion of that division while Conor fights at lightweight. Or he could even go up to lightweight and chase him down there. Lots of options here for him. But quitting. Walking away. Hurts his legacy immeasurably.

I think none of those scenarios gives Aldo back his honor. He is the greatest Featherweight in history. I think in his mind, it is a disgrace to him. If Conor wins the 155 belt and throws the 145 belt away, Aldo would then be sporting the sloppy seconds of the guy that disrespected him, publicly humiliated him all over the world, and then slept him in the 1st round, the guy he still believes he can destroy. Then that same guy tosses the FW belt in the trash for Jose to dig out and defend. Metaphorically, of course. I think Aldo just can't stand any of his options, so he just wants to quit.

Let's face it, McGregor's insane antics have changed the face of the UFC, and he has profoundly affected the behavior of many fighters. Aldo is one of them, in his own way.

uD5X1kA.png

Mentally Broken.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...cision-to-turn-down-conor-mcgregor-rematch-at

Powerful looking juxtaposition however some things get lost in translation and obviously Aldo didn't write all that on his page. What Aldo meant by anytime anywhere is a MATCH set up between the two in this context, obviously. He didn't mean he'd meet him in the alley for the match lol.
Short notice calls can't cover that.

And quit with the mentally broken bullcrap. Nobody who is mentally broken decides a fight of that magnitude that they lost is in the past and he is ready to win it back again. That's confidence.

holy fuck conor really mentally destroyed him. From koing him, belittling him, and making him wait for a second ts.

Never seen a fighter fall apart mentally like this especially not a goat candidate

To be honest it wasn't really Connor, it was Dana. I've never really been a fan of aldo, but more than anyone, I think he deserved a rematch, right away, let along begging for it later.

Aldo did deserve a rematch with Conor and I wished it would have happened by now. I hate the 2 belt stuff when you haven't even defended 1 belt.

However, I'm so tired of Aldo crying about everything. Just release him so he can go do whatever he wants to do.

Oh were you being sarcastic about Aldo being mentally broken after losing to Conor?
He's furious with the UFC for the way they are treating him after all the championship fights he put in for the company

Pulled out of almost as many as he put in.

He should just do this move all night

giphy.gif

And never ever fight in the US again because you fixed a fight, dumbass

He could actually open himself to major problems now if something like that occurs, as MMA gambling is legal in Nevada and by throwing a fight her can be charged by the federal govt.

that would be the biggest middle finger statement vs UFC that aldo can do if the org insists on the contract. a must see.

Throwing a fight is the biggest middle finger to yourself. His name will get dragged through mud and he'll get dragged through court.

"If I ever do come back, I want it to be in the UFC, because it’s where I came from and where I deserve to be"

You are retired or not, decide Jose

holy fuck conor really mentally destroyed him. From koing him, belittling him, and making him wait for a second ts.

Never seen a fighter fall apart mentally like this especially not a goat candidate

Well Aldo may have been right about Conor being the Joker cause he mindfucked the shit out of him.

Back