• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aldo willing to throw next fight to quickly finish UFC contract.

Maybe if they made the fight in Brazil it would bring some money. If UFC really believed that they would have forced Conor to defend the belt.
It's too much risk for Mcgregor and his belt. UFC want Conor as champion so badly that they are allowing him to keep his belt and fight at other weight classes

Maybe if they made the fight in Brazil it would bring some money. If UFC really believed that they would have forced Conor to defend the belt.
Why would they?
If Connie loses the only belt he owns for the only remarkable fight he has,he gets no claim to fight for the LW belt whitout grinding out against the top 5.

That's why the UFC is not making the rematch.
Nothing more nothing less.

He's 100% right. Everyone has their limit and Aldo reached his. UFC treated him like shit for far too long. The best featherweight fighter of all time, it was an honor to watch his fights

UFC treated him like shit? They only made him a millionaire despite him holding the UFC record for most fights pulled out of.

Lol, he just says dumber and dumber stuff. All this will lead to is athletic commissions not licensing him because he gave them good reason to believe he won't be involved in a fair contest, meaning he still won't finish out his contract. Sad!

I dont see how Aldo would actually throw a fight. I think his pride would keep him from throwing it. I could see maybe not trainin g or something, but doubt he would ever throw a fight.

Aldo vs Mcgregor II would be massive. Possibly the biggest fight in MMA history. Conor is just afraid that he will lose, he knows he got lucky the first time so he's gonna keep running away in fear
Definitely wouldn't be bigger than 196 or 202. Aldo doesn't have many fans outside of some hardcore MMA fans and Brazilians. Conor already has the title and we've already seen Jose's life knocked out of him after being bullied for a year. No reason for casual fans to watch a rematch or expect a different outcome.

Dana mentally broke him with broken promises. He wants the real FW belt and the champion is now taking his third fight in a row outside of the division.

Khabib was treated in a similar way and is reacting similarly, so clearly the Conor loss is not what is causing this as Khabib hasn't lost to anyone yet. And Khabib has less of a case as he has not yet created a legacy anywhere near Aldo, who was in GOAT discussions for many years. Not that it matters anyway because MMA fans can throw all of that out the window in a matter of hours.

Close this fucking thread.

I know it's a strange concept now a days but some men actually have honor and integrity and value those things above all else.

The UFC put Aldo through a circus in the lead up to the Conor fight, disrespecting him at every turn.

He then suffered the worst lose of his career and after seeing far less deserving champions ( and challengers... Lawler) given immediate re-matchs, including the guy who lost his belt in the co-main he felt he deserved the same treatment those two and more importantly long reigning champion Anderson Silva received.

The UFC also sent a camera crew into his locker room right after the lose and put the footage of him at his lowest moment all over the internet. They then decided to further humiliate him and make him look like a coward by telling the media he refused to accept a rematch on 10 days notice 1 week after coming off a medical suspension when there was no reason to make that public. (I realize his tweet made this worse but it's irrelevant)

He looked past all this against his better judgement and accept the Edgar fight for the interm belt on the promise that a win would grant him the rematch he desperately wanted only to put on the performance of his career and then get fucked again.

Some people believe when you break your word and prove you have zero respect you are not worth being associated with. Unfortunately this is an old school way of thinking and loyalty is a trait that is sadly lacking in today's world.

I would love to see Aldo fight again but I can't blame him for doing what he's doing, I would do the same thing.

there's literally nothing in that article that suggests he wants to fight in another promotion. Are you a fucking buffoon or what?
So why does he need the contract terminated for these projects? If he is going to retire, then his contract is means nothing. But if he is gonna try and pull a Wanderlei, he will find himself in court fighting the UFC, whether he wants to or not, thanks to the fact that HE signed the contract. Let's just hope his case lasts more than 13 seconds. Try reading between the lines before you make yourself look like, well, a buffoon.

RMK: My "conspiracy theory" is that Aldo knows he will never be the same post-USADA/IV-ban so this is his way/excuse of retiring "as champ". Also, I think Aldo must have realized that he would most likely get KTFO again by McGregor, just like Barao was (by TJ).

As long as you acknowledge there is zero evidence for these ideas. First off Aldo just fought Edgar and won easily. Second fighting McG and holding champ belt was his #1 goal. How the hell does it make sense to say he quit cause he "knows" he cant beat McG. That's silly dude.

I doubt he will throw a fight, but he's just sick of not getting that title rematch. Lets assume Conor loses to Eddie at 205. What fight is more likely to happen after that? A rematch with Eddie and Conor or a fight between Aldo and McGregor? Aldo is just trying to make a stance.

He should have gotten a rematch right away.

As long as you acknowledge there is zero evidence for these ideas. First off Aldo just fought Edgar and won easily. Second fighting McG and holding champ belt was his #1 goal. How the hell does it make sense to say he quit cause he "knows" he cant beat McG. That's silly dude.

Noticed I made the effort to quote "My Conspiracy Theory"... There it is... My opinion, not fact.

But you know, I see a lot of people saying that Aldo had one of best performances against Frankie and dominated...
I must go back and re-watch that fight because to me Aldo looked very rusty and tentative... He seemed very hesitant throughout the whole fight.

Not to mention, he got tagged a lot and Frankie is not known for being a power puncher... Conor only needs one punch to put anyone on FW division away.
Sad but true, as much as I would love to see Aldo school McGregor... I just can't see it though :(

Noticed I made the effort to quote "My Conspiracy Theory"... There it is... My opinion, not fact.

But you know, I see a lot of people saying that Aldo had one of best performances against Frankie and dominated...
I must go back and re-watch that fight because to me Aldo looked very rusty and tentative... He seemed very hesitant throughout the whole fight.

Not to mention, he got tagged a lot and Frankie is not known for being a power puncher... Conor only needs one punch to put anyone on FW division away.
Sad but true, as much as I would love to see Aldo school McGregor... I just can't see it though :(

About Aldo vs Edgar: Aldo made a point to NOT throw kicks and beat Edgar with boxing alone. You make it sound like Edgar is a chump. The way he fought Edgar is basically the way anybody should fight him, especially if you want to save your body to fight McG soon. As Aldo said, that was his number 1 goal in the UFC, so he merely punched Edgar out and avoided his wrestling. Edgar can take almost anybody down below 170 BUT Aldo.

If it was true that Conor only needs 1 punch why did he spend 100 or so punches on each guy before Aldo? Obviously just because 1 punch lands flush doesn't mean Aldo will go down. It just did at that particular time. Aldo's focused boxing is actually really good for MMA standards.

Sometimes someone need to take a stand, no matter how much of a pussy it makes you look to plebs.

About Aldo vs Edgar: Aldo made a point to NOT throw kicks and beat Edgar with boxing alone. You make it sound like Edgar is a chump. The way he fought Edgar is basically the way anybody should fight him, especially if you want to save your body to fight McG soon. As Aldo said, that was his number 1 goal in the UFC, so he merely punched Edgar out and avoided his wrestling. Edgar can take almost anybody down below 170 BUT Aldo.

If it was true that Conor only needs 1 punch why did he spend 100 or so punches on each guy before Aldo? Obviously just because 1 punch lands flush doesn't mean Aldo will go down. It just did at that particular time. Aldo's focused boxing is actually really good for MMA standards.

You must have missed my last sentence.

Back