Aldo, Werdum, RDA, Rockhold and Lawler lost their belts in the first round by KO. Fluke or not?

" 0 similarities " ..... of course there are similarities ..... Werdum got knocked out cold in both instances ..... he didn't protect his chin .... smart Werdum = GOAT.

Have you tried reading past the first few words of my post?

No .... it's 4 am where i am

I'll help you:

There is literally 0 similarities between the two gifs other than Werdum getting knocked out. Werdum was the aggressor in the Stipe gif, while JDS came in with that crushing uppercut. Werdum was reacting, albeit poorly, but reacting nonetheless to JDS coming in, even trying to throw a counter, and hesitating, before ducking right into that uppercut. Against Stipe he's charging in trying to land and apply pressure, but Stipe clips him while moving backwards(not an easy thing to do) and puts his light out.

Werdum could have kept his left up against Stipe, but that wouldn't have made a difference where JDS was concerned, seeing as the uppercut would have split his guard anyway.

Just admit you were wrong and we can move on.

" 0 similarities " ..... of course there are similarities ..... Werdum got knocked out cold in both instances ..... he didn't protect his chin .... smart Werdum = GOAT.

I covered that. Other than that the two gifs don't have anything in common.

RDA and Rockhold were flukey

And before some goof tries to tell me "they meant to land the shots so they aren't flukes", learn the difference between a fluke and an accident

They werent flukes....
They were lucky....

are you claiming it's drug related?

giphy.gif

I don't think that any of them are a fluke. In each case one guy made a mistake and the other guy did what he trained to do, capitalize.

top contenders knocking out champions, how flukey, not like they were having ability or intention

Flukes: Rockhold and RDA

The rest are legit wins

they all talked shit about Conor , it's a curse!!!! what a coincidence that Lawler talks shit about Conor and gets ktfo in the 1st like the others, it all started with that 13 sec KO

Aldo got caught coming in like an asshole (chin straight up)

Werdum got caught coming in like an asshole (flat out ran at Stipe)

RDA just got caught. Eddies a bad ass.

Rockhold got caught, and deserved to, for fighting like an asshole (chin up, hands down)

Lawler just got caught. Tyrons a powerful dude.

None of them were flukes.

Curse of the new poster!

I want to clarify and be serious here.

A knockout that might happen once in a few hundred simulated fights is pretty much good luck....in the same way that putting all your chips on one number in roulette could potentially make you thousands in a single night.

A fluke is some off-the-wall circumstance that just so happens to work in the favor of one of the fighters (ie. blood or sweat from a previous fight makes a fighter slip and fall into a KO punch/kick; the lights go off in the building and one of the fighters finishes in the dark).

Of these, only the fluke I would take seriously as an excuse.

Good luck has elements of skill and intent. If he didn't throw it at all, he would have never even tried...and the circumstances would unfold as such...so.....

I want to clarify and be serious here.

A knockout that might happen once in a few hundred simulated fights is pretty much good luck....in the same way that putting all your chips on one number in roulette could potentially make you thousands in a single night.

A fluke is some off-the-wall circumstance that just so happens to work in the favor of one of the fighters (ie. blood or sweat from a previous fight makes a fighter slip and fall into a KO punch/kick; the lights go off in the building and one of the fighters finishes in the dark).

Of these, only the fluke I would take seriously as an excuse.

Good luck has elements of skill and intent. If he didn't throw it at all, he would have never even tried...and the circumstances would unfold as such...so.....
That's just a long way of saying fluke means accident, so you're wrong. What a waste of effort

RDA was never really out....I think they should've let it go longer, maybe Eddie wouldve gassed and he would've survived.

People think RDA's loss was a fluke? Alvarez had been catching people on the chin for years...

Back