Aldo, Werdum, RDA, Rockhold and Lawler lost their belts in the first round by KO. Fluke or not?

Modern

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There is a pattern here. Which one is a fluke? Or there no such thing as a fluke?

RDA and Lawler got caught.
Werdum and Aldo fought stupid.
Rockhold fought cocky and has a glass chin.

I think Rockhold destroys Bisping in a rematch and I think a rematch between Aldo and Conor would be really competitive.
Fluke KO's barely exists in the heavyweight divisions. Lawler has been through a couple of wars and is getting up there in age. RDA.. dunno..

RDA and Rockhold were flukey

And before some goof tries to tell me "they meant to land the shots so they aren't flukes", learn the difference between a fluke and an accident

Fucking post USADA Brazilians...
Oh wait

Depends on what you consider a fluke. I don't consider a intentional timed lunch to the face a fluke however I can see why one would consider it so if they thought it was something that wouldn't happen again if they fought multiple times.

There is a pattern here. Which one is a fluke? Or there no such thing as a fluke?

If they were skilled enough, those KO would not have happened in the first round,

except RDA because there is nothing really he could've done to prevent it.

If you have to pick a fluke punch or just bad luck, it's RDA fight.

RDA and Lawler got caught.
Werdum and Aldo fought stupid.
Rockhold fought cocky and has a glass chin.
bingo.gif

RDA and Rockhold were flukey

And before some goof tries to tell me "they meant to land the shots so they aren't flukes", learn the difference between a fluke and an accident
Lmao there was nothing fluky about RDA losing his belt.

At all.

Rockhold was clowning around, showing absolutely no respect for his opponent.

I don't care who you are, you're still only a man. Even if a non-fighter hits you correctly you will lose consciousness. Rogan said it best- "Rockhold seems to have this air of invincibility". Thought he was invincible, and literally looked down his nose at Bisping.

He would demolish Bisping in a rematch, but would I call this fight a fluke? Not at all. You do that, someone will KO you.

Lawler got caught. It happens. Could have happened to Woodley, we've seen it happen to Woodley. Is that a fluke? I don't know. There is always that risk. Anyone can get caught.

RDA got smashed hard, much less inclined to call that a fluke but I'd say it's the same general principle as Lawler's situation.

Aldo and Werdum, those weren't flukes, those were glaring flaws in performance.

Nothing flukey about the Werdum fight. He was getting beat as soon as the fight started, and then got wreckless trying to pressure Stipe.

Nothing flukey about the Werdum fight. He was getting beat as soon as the fight started, and then got wreckless trying to pressure Stipe.
Don't think so, would've been a competitive heavy weight fight. Can't say either was winning before the KO. Hands down against a golden glove boxer is a bad idea not a fluke but let's not pretend that werdum doesn't have the tools to beat every HW on the planet

Back