Aldo, Werdum, RDA, Rockhold and Lawler lost their belts in the first round by KO. Fluke or not?

I'm stil waiting for McQuitter to defend his belt.

RDA and Rockhold were flukey

And before some goof tries to tell me "they meant to land the shots so they aren't flukes", learn the difference between a fluke and an accident
Bisping, yes. RDA? Eddie showed great defense, movement and counter boxing before that big right. Nothing at all Flukey about it. RDA ate 50 punches in one minute, he got destroyed

Don't think so, would've been a competitive heavy weight fight. Can't say either was winning before the KO. Hands down against a golden glove boxer is a bad idea not a fluke but let's not pretend that werdum doesn't have the tools to beat every HW on the planet
I won 500 bucks on that fight. Terrible match up for Werdum. Werdum is better overall but that's just a bad style for him, not a fluke.

When mma guys up their defense we'll see longer reining champions.

I predicted all of these upsets actually. (Yes I have proof) :cool:

Last edited:
Don't think so, would've been a competitive heavy weight fight. Can't say either was winning before the KO. Hands down against a golden glove boxer is a bad idea not a fluke but let's not pretend that werdum doesn't have the tools to beat every HW on the planet
Still doesn't make the fight a fluke.

Bisping, yes. RDA? Eddie showed great defense, movement and counter boxing before that big right. Nothing at all Flukey about it. RDA ate 50 punches in one minute, he got destroyed
He ate 50 punches cos he got fuckin rocked by ONE. It's like you think that whole sequence was him being outclassed

The trouble is that Sherdog posters see no middle ground between "it was totally a fluke and means nothing" and "every win is totally definitive", the latter especially seems to come from so many people here trying to claim knowledge of the sport they actually lack and having to fall back purely onto fighters records on wiki.

None of these matches were totally defenintive and none were total lukes but if I had to rank them from most to least definitive I would say...

Stipe/Werdum
Woodley/Lawler
Alvarez/RDA
McGregor/Aldo
Bisping/Rockhold

That's taking into account the action we saw and the previous careers of the fighters involved in terms of how often they've shown such finishing ability and how often they've left similar openings.

Last edited:
Luke Rockhold loss was definitely a fluke.

How is Bisping's win a fluke? He's got much better hands than Rockhold and it showed. It's not like he landed a lucky punch. He got tagged first and still had the presence of mind to counter and unleash a wicked body/head combo.

I've always hated Bisping but his boxing and defense have improved a lot over the years. I wouldn't be surprised if he finished Luke again in similar fashion. No fluke.

With those little gloves anything can happen. The saying "styles make fights" has a lot of truth to it.

Just the nature of fighting.

And before some goof tries to tell me "they meant to land the shots so they aren't flukes", learn the difference between a fluke and an accident

It's always such a dumb argument.

Just because you intend to do something has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it's a fluke if you succeed.

For fuck's sake.

Some of you assholes need to pick up a book on logic.

Last edited:
Aldo and Rockhold were flukes, Werdum and RDA less so, but I still think they'd win the rematch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back