Aldo, Werdum, RDA, Rockhold and Lawler lost their belts in the first round by KO. Fluke or not?

RDA and Rockhold were flukey

And before some goof tries to tell me "they meant to land the shots so they aren't flukes", learn the difference between a fluke and an accident
How are either one of those flukey?

It's because MMA fighters have glass chins. Show me any moment in boxing history when 5 boxing champs were knocked out in the 1st round in the period of 6 months. They don't know how to defend punches to save their ass and when the punches land they have no chins. These guys are not like boxers.

Show me any moment in boxing history where boxers had to worry about kicks, knees, elbows, clinchng, takedowns, submissions, and had no standing 10 count all at the same time so we can compare the two sports on an even playing field.

Show me any moment in boxing history where boxers had to worry about kicks, knees, elbows, clinchng, takedowns, submissions, and had no standing 10 count all at the same time so we can compare the two sports on an even playing field.

Your opinion is based on fallacy that MMA fighters have to worry about boxing AND those other things in MMA as if boxing in MMA is equal to the kind of boxing boxers have to worry about at the elite level of boxing.

MMA fighters have different weapons like punches, kicks, takedowns etc. but let's talk about weapons in boxing then like for example Floyd's lead right hand, a punch that he trained to perfection. Elite level boxers who have trained boxing all their life know that he will use it, they gameplan and train for it and yet when the fight comes they still get hit flush by that lead right hand like amateurs, time and time again. That punch alone is comparable to say Khabib's takedowns in MMA. Show me any point in MMA history where MMA fighters had to worry about elite technical boxing.

Boxing is the more dangerous sport because you can't panic wrestle, you can't control your opponent on the ground and you can't keep the him at bay with kicks either. Instead you fight with your hands only against fighters who're way better at that element of fighting than fighters in MMA.

Werdum and Aldo threw themselves face first into their opponents' fists. Those two for sure were not flukes.

i dont think you could truly call any of these a fluke. to me a fluke in mma would be more like youre getting dominated in the fight, and in one of the aspects that youre getting wrecked in, you suddenly pull out a victory. i.e., clearly getting wrecked on the feet, then pulling out a KO win.

but there is another way you could actually quantify if something is 'fluky'. if in a rematch, the winner of the first match is the underdog, that means some weighted combination of a bookies opinion along with public opinion likely sees the result of the first match as a less than likely event.

In all the fights mentioned in the title, i would have the loser as the underdog in a rematch, except for maybe rocksalt

The only fluke-ish one to me is Luke Rockhold. Fluke Rockhold, if you will. It was the same as Silva/Weidman 1. He acted cocky and got caught.
This would never happen again. That's the only reason I think it could at all be considered a fluke.

It all seems odd though. I'll give you that. .
If 5 years ago a crazy white haired scientist would have stepped out of a flying delorien and listed off every champ in every division in 2016, I sure as hell wouldn't believe it.

Your opinion is based on fallacy that MMA fighters have to worry about boxing AND those other things in MMA as if boxing in MMA is equal to the kind of boxing boxers have to worry about at the elite level of boxing.

MMA fighters have different weapons like punches, kicks, takedowns etc. but let's talk about weapons in boxing then like for example Floyd's lead right hand, a punch that he trained to perfection. Elite level boxers who have trained boxing all their life know that he will use it, they gameplan and train for it and yet when the fight comes they still get hit flush by that lead right hand like amateurs, time and time again. That punch alone is comparable to say Khabib's takedowns in MMA. Show me any point in MMA history where MMA fighters had to worry about elite technical boxing.

Boxing is the more dangerous sport because you can't panic wrestle, you can't control your opponent on the ground and you can't keep the him at bay with kicks either. Instead you fight with your hands only against fighters who're way better at that element of fighting than fighters in MMA.
You are trying but failing

You are aware Werdum also didn't have his hands up in the JDS fight right ? basic shit there homes.

junior-dos-santos_fabricio-werdum.gif

His hands were up until he went to throw a punch and ducked right into that uppercut. And an uppercut only really works when the hands are up, or completely out of the way like above. Basic shit there, homes.

My opinion is that you can't even begin to compare boxing to mma directly, because there's so much more involved. That's no fallacy. You want to compare the best of our generation in Floyd to, what, exactly? We see fights regularly where a fighter has a "go to" style or technique, and still pulls it off time and again. Cruz, Maia, Khabib, Cerrone, Barboza, Jones, Rampage, Rashad, Anderson, Leben, Wanderlei, Fitch, Okami, Shieds, Hughes, etc etc etc. It's never really been a secret as to what any of those guys were going to try to do in a fight, but being able to impose ones self on their opponents is simply the mark of a great fighter.

You're presenting opinion as though it's fact. Of course boxers have better boxing than mma fighters, that's all they train! In other news, soccer players are better at Soccer than basketball players.

junior-dos-santos_fabricio-werdum.gif

His hands were up until he went to throw a punch and ducked right into that uppercut. And an uppercut only really works when the hands are up, or completely out of the way like above. Basic shit there, homes.

Oh come on !! , Werdum toke an aimless swing and put his head down while at the same time JDS threw the uppercut , i think i also should make it clear that his chin was exposed also ..... exactly the way he had his chin in the air while aimlessly swinging his fists when rushing towards Stipe.

f22NWm5.gif

Oh come on !! , Werdum toke an aimless swing and put his head down while at the same time JDS threw the uppercut , i think i also should make it clear that his chin was exposed also ..... exactly the way he had his chin in the air while aimlessly swinging his fists when rushing towards Stipe.

f22NWm5.gif

There is literally 0 similarities between the two gifs other than Werdum getting knocked out. Werdum was the aggressor in the Stipe gif, while JDS came in with that crushing uppercut. Werdum was reacting, albeit poorly, but reacting nonetheless to JDS coming in, even trying to throw a counter, and hesitating, before ducking right into that uppercut. Against Stipe he's charging in trying to land and apply pressure, but Stipe clips him while moving backwards(not an easy thing to do) and puts his light out.

Werdum could have kept his left up against Stipe, but that wouldn't have made a difference where JDS was concerned, seeing as the uppercut would have split his guard anyway.

Just admit you were wrong and we can move on.

Buffer and the UFC need to drop the "undisputed" part....

My opinion is that you can't even begin to compare boxing to mma directly, because there's so much more involved. That's no fallacy. You want to compare the best of our generation in Floyd to, what, exactly? We see fights regularly where a fighter has a "go to" style or technique, and still pulls it off time and again. Cruz, Maia, Khabib, Cerrone, Barboza, Jones, Rampage, Rashad, Anderson, Leben, Wanderlei, Fitch, Okami, Shieds, Hughes, etc etc etc. It's never really been a secret as to what any of those guys were going to try to do in a fight, but being able to impose ones self on their opponents is simply the mark of a great fighter.

You're presenting opinion as though it's fact. Of course boxers have better boxing than mma fighters, that's all they train! In other news, soccer players are better at Soccer than basketball players.

What I'm saying is that this myth that MMA fighters somehow have more to worry about than boxers is ridiculous, especially when we're talking about knock outs. Boxing is the more dangerous sport between the two and that's what even the MMA guys like Rogan have been repeating all the time too. Just because there are kicks and grappling in MMA it doesn't mean there's more to worry about, since those two elements can actually neutralize a lot of threats that come from MMA boxing while in boxing you can't neutralize your opponents by kicking them in the legs or taking them down.

What I'm saying is that this myth that MMA fighters somehow have more to worry about than boxers is ridiculous, especially when we're talking about knock outs. Boxing is the more dangerous sport between the two and that's what even the MMA guys like Rogan have been repeating all the time too. Just because there are kicks and grappling in MMA it doesn't mean there's more to worry about, since those two elements can actually neutralize a lot of threats that come from MMA boxing while in boxing you can't neutralize your opponents by kicking them in the legs or taking them down.

I don't know where you got this myth thing from, but it wasn't me who brought it up. Once again you throw opinion around like it's fact. Boxing isn't mma, mma isn't boxing. Due to the nature of mma even the stance is different than boxing because of not only the threat of incomming kicks and takedowns, but also the use of them offensively.

So once again, find me a point in boxing history where boxers had to deal with kicks, punches, elbows, knees, legal clinching, takedowns, submissions, grappling, and ground and pound so we can compare the two sports on an even playing field.

There is literally 0 similarities between the two gifs other than Werdum getting knocked out. Werdum was the aggressor in the Stipe gif, while JDS came in with that crushing uppercut. Werdum was reacting, albeit poorly, but reacting nonetheless to JDS coming in, even trying to throw a counter, and hesitating, before ducking right into that uppercut. Against Stipe he's charging in trying to land and apply pressure, but Stipe clips him while moving backwards(not an easy thing to do) and puts his light out.

Werdum could have kept his left up against Stipe, but that wouldn't have made a difference where JDS was concerned, seeing as the uppercut would have split his guard anyway.

Just admit you were wrong and we can move on.

" 0 similarities " ..... of course there are similarities ..... Werdum got knocked out cold in both instances ..... he didn't protect his chin .... smart Werdum = GOAT.

Back