Aldo Turns Down Rematch Against McGregor

I dont see why it's odd that someone turned down a big fight with less than 2 weeks notice. It's a bummer that Dana disparages his fighters like this sometimes

Its patently retarded to even ask Jose.

He was medically suspended until literally last week. His medical suspension was also 'no contact' through the end of January. You are not supposed to get knocked dead with a KO like that and go back into training.

The guy was medically suspended from even sparring until a few weeks ago, he should be busy letting his brain heal. This is how you end up with traumatic brain injuries, repeated concussions.

If Aldo's team, coaches, managers let him take that fight they should all have been fired.

He should begin sparring again, lightly, sometime in the next month or so, then take it very slowly. Summer or fall is an appropriate time for him to come back.

He said he had been training in the event that Dos Anjos pulled out....

He was medically suspended until literally last week. His medical suspension was also 'no contact' through the end of January. You are not supposed to get knocked dead with a KO like that and go back into training.

The guy was medically suspended from even sparring until a few weeks ago, he should be busy letting his brain heal. This is how you end up with traumatic brain injuries, repeated concussions.

If Aldo's team, coaches, managers let him take that fight they should all have been fired.

He should begin sparring again, lightly, sometime in the next month or so, then take it very slowly. Summer or fall is an appropriate time for him to come back.
Why is this so hard for people to realize?

He made the right decision, but he shouldn't say such stupidities that he was training for this fight. He has embarrassed himself. It is immature.

This is coming from someone who isn't too fond of Conor and is a big Aldo fan.

Well, so much for this post...lol

"I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere."

I dont see why it's odd that someone turned down a big fight with less than 2 weeks notice. It's a bummer that Dana disparages his fighters like this sometimes
Yeah it sucks. We've learned in the past that taking a short notice fight to save a card doesn't do a fighter any favors. Unfortunately, neither does saying no.

Every time Conor has a fight now, anyone who wants to fight him better be training and ready to go.

"We felt this was the fight to make and the fight the fans wanted to see.”

=

"We felt cowboy still performs well on short notice so better throw diaz in there to try and ensure our cash cow keeps winning"
Cowboy fought like 2 days ago man lol

That's not the issue that people are having with him. It's that he pretty much said he's preparing for and ready to take the fight with McGregor in a heartbeat if RDA got injured and when it actually happened he didn't.

It's kind of like how Mendes was saying that he had been training for McGregor already just in case Aldo pulled out and he didn't need a full camp to beat McGregor anyways. Then when he lost, he and his whole camp retracted everything.

Conor, so far, is the only man walking the walk.

"We felt this was the fight to make and the fight the fans wanted to see.”

=

"We felt cowboy still performs well on short notice so better throw diaz in there to try and ensure our cash cow keeps winning"
image.jpg
I think Conor would beat Cowboy but Nate is definitely the safer fight in my opinion.

Why wouldn't Jose Aldo be jumping at the opportunity to avenge his loss? Doesn't reflect well on Aldo in my opinion. Also would this affect his chance at a rematch? I think so.

Because he's so terrified now that he wants everything to be ABSOLUTELY IDEAL for the rematch -- which he'll quite possibly NEVER get now after the way he's handled this.

P.S. Can you even imagine the mental number Connor will do on him with the whole "anytime, anywhere" stuff if they fight again?

Frankie turned the fight down? Only reason for that is probably because it wasn't gonna be for the belt.

the only anwer that makes sense in this tread

Well, so much for this post...lol

"I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere."

Yikes. Not good for Aldo.

Yah let's believe Dana White again everybody.

That worked out well for us the past 5 years.

Why are people shitting on the UFC for asking Jose, lmao?

He literally said he was staying in shape and training in case this exact thing happened.

Sherdog is so fucking dumb.

Back