Aldo Turns Down Rematch Against McGregor

The cowboy fight is a money fight. Glad they didn't make it on such short notice. They can sell the shit outta that fight. I don't blame anyone for taking a fight on 2 weeks notice though. If Aldo lost to Conor again so soon, he'd be fucked. Not a popular choice, but the right one for his family. Now him and Frankie need to stop talking though.

Agreed. I understand Aldo not wanting to go under-prepared into what is arguably the most important fight of his career. But I also agree that he and Frankie should keep Conor's name out of their mouths - actions speak louder than words, and their non-action drowns out the noise of all their sh:t-talking.

Lastly, I take everything Dana says with a grain of salt - that is, he very well could have asked Nate/Cowboy first, made the deal, and then told Frankie and Aldo.

That's not the issue that people are having with him. It's that he pretty much said he's preparing for and ready to take the fight with McGregor in a heartbeat if RDA got injured and when it actually happened he didn't.

Did you read my post? I said if his team, manager, coaches let him take that fight they should all be fired.

These guys get locked into a cage to fist fight for a living. They are by definition, tough guys.

The people surrounding them are meant to be their advocates. If I manage or coach Aldo, I tell him he absolutely may not risk his long term health to take a short notice fight a few months after a brutal KO.

I love MMA and this sport is the only one I follow. In my opinion, that doesn't mean I should demand these guys get traumatic brain injuries for my entertainment. That is too stupid for words.

If Aldo said he wanted this fight the people around him should have stepped in, and it looks like they did.

Why is this so hard for people to realize?
Because Aldo said he wanted the fight "any time, anywhere". Don't talk bullshit if you plan on turning down the fight. That's why he's laughed at, and he should be. He lied.

Edit:

If your rebuttal is "coaches, managers, etc.", then they should be fired for letting him post lies on the internet. It's bad PR.

We can merge these threads anytime.
They will continue to be made.

Its patently retarded to even ask Jose.

He was medically suspended until literally last week. His medical suspension was also 'no contact' through the end of January. You are not supposed to get knocked dead with a KO like that and go back into training.

The guy was medically suspended from even sparring until a few weeks ago, he should be busy letting his brain heal. This is how you end up with traumatic brain injuries, repeated concussions.

If Aldo's team, coaches, managers let him take that fight they should all have been fired.

He should begin sparring again, lightly, sometime in the next month or so, then take it very slowly. Summer or fall is an appropriate time for him to come back.

Exactly. And really, at least for KOs, the medical suspensions should be considered the absolute minimum. 45 days no-contact for a bad KO probably isn't enough. If a doctor tells RDA 6 weeks for his foot, but he gets another xray and he's good in 4, great, go back to training. At worst he'll break his foot again and need another 6 weeks. Aldo (and really any fighters who get KOed) needs/needed to let his brain rest, and only start training again once everything upstairs is good.

Any time, anywhere bro! Oh shit you wanna do it? I was just kidding, dont hurt me. -Jose Aldo

Did you read my post? I said if his team, manager, coaches let him take that fight they should all be fired.

These guys get locked into a cage to fist fight for a living. They are by definition, tough guys.

The people surrounding them are meant to be their advocates. If I manage or coach Aldo, I tell him he absolutely may not risk his long term health to take a short notice fight a few months after a brutal KO.

I love MMA and this sport is the only one I follow. In my opinion, that doesn't mean I should demand these guys get traumatic brain injuries for my entertainment. That is too stupid for words.

If Aldo said he wanted this fight the people around him should have stepped in, and it looks like they did.
It was not a brutal KO, just a KO. It was a single punch, not a Marquadt combo against Woodley. Aldo didnt suffer cumalative damage like JDS against Cain

yeah, let's jump in a fight on two weeks notice while he's not training in a weight class above

ok

1. The fight being at the weight class above is an advantage, not a disadvantage. It means Aldo doesn't have to spend two weeks on a hard weight cut like Mendes did. He won't be significantly undersized against McGregor in any event.
2. McGregor is moving up a weight class from lightweight to welterweight with two weeks notice.
3. Aldo spent the entirety of 2015 preparing to fight McGregor, so he doesn't have the lack of game plan and unknowns other fighters will face.
4. Aldo has been begging for this exact match up since the first fight.
5. "Anytime, anywhere."

Look, all that aside, I get it. Aldo badly needs to win his next fight, especially if it's against McGregor and so he wants the fight to be on his terms or near as he can get them. His legacy is on the line in a manner he never expected it would be, and legacy seems to mean a lot to him. That said, I think he and his fans ought to lay low for a bit and talk a lot less shit about McGregor.

Thats pretty much the nail in Aldos coffin. Dude wanted the rematch and was offered then said no. Forget the belt, just fight at your walk around weight and avenge your humiliating loss! If you win you have all kinds of hype and bargaining chips. But no.....

I see. Aldo can say whatever he wants because his team will cover for him whenever he doesn't follow through.

Still means that he's not a man of his word. He shouldn't have said things that he knows he can't back up no matter the reason.

Well, so much for this post...lol

"I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere."

first vitor, then andy and now aldo. these fukin brazillians go down faster than a 2,000 pesos whore

Its patently retarded to even ask Jose.

He was medically suspended until literally last week. His medical suspension was also 'no contact' through the end of January. You are not supposed to get knocked dead with a KO like that and go back into training.
The guy was medically suspended from even sparring until a few weeks ago, he should be busy letting his brain heal. This is how you end up with traumatic brain injuries, repeated concussions.
If Aldo's team, coaches, managers let him take that fight they should all have been fired.
He should begin sparring again, lightly, sometime in the next month or so, then take it very slowly. Summer or fall is an appropriate time for him to come back.

Then its kindof a dick move by Dana to say that Aldo/Frankie refused to fight when they were still recovering from injuries or medical suspensions.

It was not a brutal KO, just a KO. It was a single punch, not a Marquadt combo against Woodley. Aldo didnt suffer cumalative damage like JDS against Cain

You are completely out of your mind if you don't think Aldo sustained a concussion.

Conor hits like a truck and he smashed him with his signature left and then followed up.

I don't need these guys to die in the Octagon for my entertainment. Some of you people gross me out.

Aldo just got blast-KO'd in December. He shouldn't even be sparring yet, let alone taking a fight.

Aldo is certainly right to avoid the fight against Conor right now when Conor is huge on 2 weeks notice. Lose that and there's likely never going to be a third.

The bigger money fight is to rematch for the FW belt with a proper camp. Nate Diaz is the perfect match up here, Cerrone would have been good too, due to the past beef

Respect Conor for fighting anyone though, dude's fucking awesome, his confidence is at GOAT levels

I see. Aldo can say whatever he wants because his team will cover for him whenever he doesn't follow through.

Still means that he's not a man of his word. He shouldn't have said things that he knows he can't back up no matter the reason.

You need to separate the part in your head where you compartmentalize campaigning for a rematch and what is legimiately dangerous for his long term health.

He was - literally - medically suspended until two weeks ago.

It is stupid at face value for him to risk f@$@ng brain damage taking a fight the first week of March.

Back