Aldo Turns Down Rematch Against McGregor

Actually Dana and Aldo met about the fight and it didn't go well at all. UFC is trying to get out in front of the PR.

Here's some sercurity footage of where things went south between Dana and Aldo...

pedro-throws-don-zimmer-o.gif
a3kxu9.gif

I don't believe anything Dana says...I don't think they turned it down without there being a significant reason they couldn't fight. Dana using his brainwashing techniques again on uneducated fans

From Dana White as per MMA Junkie

“We called Jose Aldo, Jose Aldo turned the fight down,” White said. “We called Frankie Edgar, Frankie Edgar turned the fight down. We called ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, (and he) absolutely accepted the fight – would love to take the fight. B.J. Penn said he wanted the fight. A lot of guys wanted this fight, but we ended up with Nate Diaz. We felt this was the fight to make and the fight the fans wanted to see.”

Why wouldn't Jose Aldo be jumping at the opportunity to avenge his loss? Doesn't reflect well on Aldo in my opinion. Also would this affect his chance at a rematch? I think so.

"Khabib called us and we were like fuck no."

-Dana White

Did you read my post? I said if his team, manager, coaches let him take that fight they should all be fired.

These guys get locked into a cage to fist fight for a living. They are by definition, tough guys.

The people surrounding them are meant to be their advocates. If I manage or coach Aldo, I tell him he absolutely may not risk his long term health to take a short notice fight a few months after a brutal KO.

I love MMA and this sport is the only one I follow. In my opinion, that doesn't mean I should demand these guys get traumatic brain injuries for my entertainment. That is too stupid for words.

If Aldo said he wanted this fight the people around him should have stepped in, and it looks like they did.
Great post, hadn't considered (much) of that.

Well, so much for this post...lol

"I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere."

Obviously he was emotional but his medical suspension and managers would never allow this fight to happen. Don't be a moron.

D1 wrestler, doesn't know the difference between 170 walk around weight and 177 walk around weight.

D1 wrestler, doesn't know the difference between cutting from 160 and cutting from 170.

It's embarrassing at this point.

E

X

P

O

S

E

D

And that's the verbal ether, kiddo.

Hey Dummy, ever watch nate vs Cerrone? yeah...nate is still a better fighter and if they ever fight again it would be the same outcome.

Nate vs Conor is a far better matchup for the fans, also...not likely that the commission would allow Cerrone to fight so close to his last one.

But you seem to not accept logic and just spam out anything against Conor you can come up with...weak shit.

That was half a decade ago.

Cerrone since 12-3...... losses to Pettis and RDA.

Diaz since then 3-3 ....... losses to RDA, Benson, and Thomson.

Cerrone isn't the same fighter now that he was then, he's even better.

Diaz, on the other hand, has COMPLETELY trended the opposite direction, minus one fight over MJ

That was half a decade ago.

Cerrone since 12-3...... losses to Pettis and RDA.

Diaz since then 3-3 ....... losses to RDA, Benson, and Thomson.

Cerrone isn't the same fighter now that he was then, he's even better.

Diaz, on the other hand, has COMPLETELY trended the opposite direction, minus one fight over MJ

Man you are in every thread boasting Cerrone like he is the next coming fo christ ffs. Get a life, Nate got the fight and in the eyes of most its a better fight.

But if you want to think Conor is ducking, or that he should not have got the fight go ahead...just please stop spamming non-sense about how Cerrone got screwed or that he is better than Nate...because the latter is definitely incorrect.

Aldo is about 167 pounds when he's not training for a fight. http://esportes.terra.com.br/lutas/...a-entrevista-com-dede-perdeneiras,398505.html

This is from 2012 so its probably more now
No, it's clearly less now. Aldo gained a bunch of mass when he was out with the neck injury (supposed to fight Grispi) and in 2014 DeDe quotes his weight lower.

The gain in mass led to the rough cut against Hominick, and DeDe and Aldo have both said recently the cut is much easier. DeDe specifically says Aldo is 17 to 19lbs over 145 in Sept 2014, then in January 2015 says he's 15 to 17lbs over.

Man you are in every thread boasting Cerrone like he is the next coming fo christ ffs. Get a life, Nate got the fight and in the eyes of most its a better fight.

But if you want to think Conor is ducking, or that he should not have got the fight go ahead...just please stop spamming non-sense about how Cerrone got screwed or that he is better than Nate...because the latter is definitely incorrect.

I seriously challenge you to go back, and look at all these posts you speak of.

Show me one instance where I said Cerrone deserved the fight over Diaz. I'm just correcting non-sense spouted that I see. In fact, go back and show me where I've ever mentioned Conor once in any of them. I haven't and you are misinterpreting what I'm doing. Surprise, surprise.

Also, i'd almost guarantee that if Donald and Nate fought tomorrow, Donald would open as the favorite. You seem to think that it's non-sense that since the fought FIVE YEARS AGO and NATE has wen't 3-3 and Cerrone has went 12-3...that some how Nate's still better than him. He's not. Lol the dude has half is intestines and stomach removed, has been taken down by body shots both by the very top strikers in the weight class, and he "wilts under pressure"...I mean forget the 8 fight winning streak.

It's only a big fight that he wilt's in if he loses. It's the way it goes around here. The second he wins' his opponent is instantly a gate keeper and it was a shit-tier fight.

Last edited:
So soft. Get your shit together or get out Aldo

Also why would aldo do the UFC a solid. They practically made his whole reign to be garbage and didn't respect him.

Do the UFC a solid???
Do you realize the significant drop in $$$ Aldo makes when he is not facing CM? His purse rises from a few hundred thousand to a few million when he fights CM.

Actually all of these guys make a shiteload more when fighting CM due to the PPV revenue generated.

The UFC was doing Aldo a favor by even considering him. Now Aldo will have to wait a long time to get his chance at a big purse again.

Back